Relationship update, and tell me yours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relationship update, and tell me yours

Hey everyone, I've been feeling pretty thoughtful this past week. My SO just finished his 6 month contract last week and, if everything was normal, we had planned for him to fly out to see me again. Obviously, that can't happen now.

I worry that we have missed this window, and he will have to start a new contract, and I just have no idea when we will see each other again. Usually I feel ok but knowing that he would be flying to see me right now is making me sad. I really miss having his arms around me and being able to laugh together. it's been almost 7 months since we last saw each other.

The good news is is that we are not feeling distant from each other. In fact, we have come a long way and feel closer than we ever have before. I don't think I truly understood the blueprint for commitment until I met him. He has taught me so much about everything, including myself, and he has shown me what it can feel like to be sensitive and vulnerable with someone who loves you. It's really amazing.

Please tell me how you guys are going. How do you manage to stay close during these times?

Hugs to everyone, and thanks for being here with me!
    "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
    -Charles Dickens

Originally posted by vivid_idea View Post
    He has taught me so much about everything, including myself, and he has shown me what it can feel like to be sensitive and vulnerable with someone who loves you.
    Can confirm lol! My SO and I are doing well. He has his exams at the end of the month and they will basically decide how his career will go.. So... STUDY STUDY STUDY for him. Which in turn means less time spent together but its just a sacrifice we have to make. Once his exams are done we will revisit the subject of telling his parents about me. And hopefully after that we can plan our next visit.

Its been 6 months exactly today since I've seen him which is huge compared to what we're used to waiting. But happy to report we are still rocking this LDR thing.
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that your reunion has been delayed, but I am glad to hear about how close you guys are feeling. That's so great!

I haven't started the long distance portion of my relationship with my girlfriend yet. Her stay her got extended a short amount so I have her until closer to the end of the month before she returns home to the Philippines. We are both dreading having to be apart from each other, especially because our relationship is so young (we just hit the 1 month mark), but i feel confident that we are both committed and capable to make it work.

Once she leaves, we will have to figure out where we want to go from there. How will she get back here to the United States, and how long will that take? We've both been a bit stressed about that, particularly her. I'm just trying to remain optimistic for the both of us because she doesn't want us both worrying about it.

In the meantime, we are just trying to enjoy the time we do have left together before it is gone.

Comment

MsGrim - good luck to your SO with his exams. I hope things go well so that it creates the right space and energy for you to be able to tell his parents. Ugh, how nerve wracking, but I know it will be OK.

amm7s - Hi there, it sounds like you will have a lot to go thru this month. It's really hard being apart but you can still find ways to grow and develop your relationship, even thru distance. I hope you guys can figure it out!
        "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
        -Charles Dickens

Comment

Working...
        X