Need advice on sudden behavior change from boyfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Susy3

I’m sorry to hear you guys have hit a rough patch. If you scroll through this forum, you will notice many people talk about the ups and downs of LDR’s and the anxiety of feeling your partner withdraw at different stages.

I remember my partner would often be silent in the few days following a weekend together and when we spoke about it, it was usually because he was struggling with the distance and the emotions saying goodbye would stir up. Maybe your partner is feeling a bit flat when having to seperate after amazing weekends together too. Have you guys spoke about closing the distance and is it in the near future? I know this can cause stress when there’s no end in sight.

I hope things improve for you soon. Maybe reach out and check in to see how he is going. There is a good chance he is struggling too and hearing from you might help lift his spirits.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostinthecobbwebs View Post
      No, nothing since that text which has really put me in a dark place the last few days. I’m working out of it slowly though. My sister has been a great support and I’ve just been trying to keep busy.

Thank you for the sympathies, I really appreciate it 🙂
      How are you going Lostinthecobwebs? I hope you're ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Susy 3 View Post
        Hi,

I’ve just joined this forum, I have been in a LDR for a year and similar to yourself everything was working fine. We would talk most nights text in the day and he was coming up once or twice a month for the weekend. Just the last 6weeks he has stopped messaging as much and if I message him I get no repky ir he doesn’t reply for hours. He was here lat weekend and I tried to approach him about it but he got angry and moe or less implied I was insecure. We had a good weekend and he was talking future plans but now he’s gone home and hardly contacted me again I am really down and depressed and this time I haven’t made any contact either, I just don’t know what to think anymore. I have found myself single at 62 through marriage break up as hubby cheated, I just don’t want to be hurt again and this is really hurting me. I sympathise with your situation and hope it works out.
        HI Susy3,
        That is tough what you are going through. It does sound like he is going through something difficult that is occupying his mind. Hopefully you can reach out to him and he can explain a bit. It helps a lot to understand what your SO is going through.
        I hope things improve for you.

Comment

I’m sorry you’re going through this. I’m new to the forum but have been in a LDR for 8 years. I have been through this with my SO at times and he’s been through it with me others but we’re still going strong. There are some insecurities I’ve felt during these times and I chalk it up to the nature of being in a LDR. Personally, there have been times when it’s happened that my first thoughts were ‘Oh no! It’s over! What am I gonna do!’, but then things pick back up and we’re good as gold again. Give him some space, say a week or two, and see what happens. He may just be really stressed right now and not good at handling it. Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
          X