Would you do it again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you do it again?

Eh, I think there was a thread like this a looooong time ago, but there are new people so oh well

If you had to (not jinxing anything, haha), would you get into another LDR?

My SO and I talked about it, and we both ruled NEGATIVE! I mean we love each other to pieces, but this LDR is crazy stuff y'know? But I won't have to worry about having another one because this one will never end :3

If I had to get into another relationship at all I wouldn't be in one. I made up my mind, CD or LD, if he's gone I'm done. Played the game, lost with a bad hand, leaving the table with what money I have left.

I'm actually surprised my SO went into another one. His last one, the girl was literally all the way on the west coast with him on the east and she was a nutter. She had so many problems, all she wanted was for him to murder her, literally. He actually told me before we dated he never wanted to be in another LDR ever, because it wasn't fair all the good ones were far away and the local ones were gross. But I guess if the pull's that strong you can't really help it.

Comment

No. Definitely not. It's too stressful. My SO better be glad I love him so much lol

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
      - A. A. Milne

Comment

I don't really wanna think what if this relationship is going to end... lol

But I don't think I would go through this again if I'm honest. It's been so hard and I wouldn't have done it if I didn't love Andy from the bottom of my heart.
        It's something I don't have to worry about though because I can not see us breaking up. Ever. Never ever

Comment

We've already tlaked about that... because he might end up going to school in another province once I get there. Yes, I'd do it again. He's a bit forgetful and he needs to learn to not be so scared (pot calling the kettle black here), but I'd do it again if it meant I got to stay with him. ^^ besides, if I can't stick with him in thick and thin how's he supposed to trust me? Even if we stay together for the rest of our mortal lives we'll be long distance again if one of us dies before the other.

EDIT: in the case of us breaking up (which I don't think will happen) ...yes, I would. It'd just have to be a very special person.
          Last edited by folclor; October 3, 2010, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I would, if the person was worth it. But Matt is the only one I've ever found truly worth it.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
              I don't really wanna think what if this relationship is going to end... lol
              This is what I was gonna say. I don't really even wanna think what I'd do Feels weird thinking if I would do this again, my mind is kinda set on being with this guy for as long as I live

But yeah, in the impossible event of something happening to me and Sam, I guess I could do it again if I happened to find someone I really loved who lives far away.

Comment

No... it's way too hard and stressful.
                This is my first and I also feel sure it's my last LDR.

Comment

Not really - but I might have to -_- sigh
                  Um, but NOT with another guy - with my SO!

In April next year, I'll go travel with him for about 2 months, then come home where we'll have another 2 months together before he starts school in August.. His plan is to become a police officer, and we only have one police academy in Denmark: the one in Copenhagen.

I still haven't decided on what I want, but there's a posibility that my future education will start in Viborg, 133 miles from Copenhagen - which is a 5½ hour train ride! :/

It would mean at least 4 years in a LDR... unless I can find something in Copenhagen. Would be perfect, but IF I find something amazing elsewhere I'm not gonna give that up to be closer to my SO.. he doesn't want that either.. And when we talked about it, he assured me that we'd figure it out when the time comes.. no need to worry about that now. I'll turn grey before I'm 25

Comment

I don't think i could handle going though another LDR, so my answer would be a big no

Comment

I'm already in my second stretch of this one, and I'm fairly certain that I don't think I could make it through another term of LD in this one.

I don't think I can do this anymore. This LDR has been hard enough already.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Well Mark is my everything...and he is the only man i have been in real love with. Lets say, 10 years down the road or something and he has to move away for a little bit for like a job, or something with his kids...then i would do it again. But i won't even think about a future without Mark in it.

I had an LDR before Mark...and it was completely different then the relationship I have with Mark. I said before when I finally was strong enough to let go of my ex..that i would NEVER get in an ldr again..but then along came Mark..and here I am.

Comment

Seeing that my LDR is gonna come to an end soon. I'll say that yes, i would do it again. Wether its long or close distance, its the person that its in it with me that matters. If she truly loves me, it doesn't matter if its long or close as long as we both truly love each other.

Comment

No, never again. I'll be so happy when we make this short distance.

Comment

I would make my decision based on the person--if I was truly interested in them or to the point of being truly in love with them , then yes, I would definitely do it again. Would I prefer to do it again? No, definitely not. I think we all can agree that being in a LDR can be extremely difficult and frustrating at times, but I never thought I would be able to handle a LDR or would want to be in one before I met my SO. Now I wouldn't have it any other way. If it were to not work out with my current SO, then yes, I would do my absolute best to avoid LDRs in the future, but love is a powerful thing and if I found someone else who also happened to be long distance then so be it

Comment

Working...
                              X