Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

worries... posted in the right place now :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worries... posted in the right place now :)

so i'm meeting my boyfriend in a couple of weeks for the first time, 22nd of october to be exact, two days before our 1 year anniversary
    anyway hes coming over to england where i live... and he has to get a plane to heathrow then a train from london euston up to manchester, and its safe to say im worried sick.

1. i HATE flying, thats just a little thing of mine, so obviously i am worried about him flying, id feel better if i flew over and got him then brought him back :P but ive kindof gotten over the fact that theres more chance of you dying on a donkey than the plane crashing, or something like that, so im okay with that (kinda)

2. on the news lately theres been warnings of terror attacks in london, in public places, and well heathrow is about as public as it gets, and i know hes only going to be in london for a couple hours before he gets the train but hes also going to london for a couple days after visitng me on the 28th-31st. so yeah. im worried about him.

am i being over the top ? but i just read this news page and its made me scared. i know its unlikely but when you read there is a high threat of terror attacks in europe, and your SO is at risk, a red light kinda goes on for me

does anyone feel the same? or have any worries? or does anyone not worry at all about this? i just want your opinions to put my mind at ease.

https://www.guardian.co.uk/world/201...r-threat-alert

Your worries are natural. But don't let them consume you. Life is a risk. If we sit in the "what if" mode we miss out on the "what is."

He will be fine!

Focus on how exciting it is going to be when you finally get to see him!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
      Life is a risk. If we sit in the "what if" mode we miss out on the "what is."
      True that! Of course there is always a chance of some random thing happening, but those are things that we cannot predict.
      Just imagine how it will be to see him for the first time stepping off the train!

Comment

Try not to read so much about the terror threats and focus on how you'll finally get to see him! I understand that it can be scary, I'm flying into Europe next month, and as enormous as Heathrow is, they have tons of top notch security, it takes forever getting through the check points there. I'd be more worried if he was flying British Air, since ya never know when they'll decide to strike Flying isn't so bad, and if your SO is international, there really isn't many other options. If he's OK with it, then just relax and enjoy the crazy anticipation the next few weeks will bring, he'll be safe and you'll be together.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I understand your worry, my sister is getting ready to leave for a month-long tour of the UK, but I second the "don't worry" thing. If you're religious or something, say a few prayers, then let it go. Worry is like a rocking horse, gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere.
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

You're allowed to be worried, but don't let it consume you.

The point of terror is to cripple a society, by preventing them from traveling or doing what they want. The EU has been aware of these threats for some time now, and security in the member countries has been stepped up significantly in anticipation.

But the odds are significantly in your favor that he'll get to London and then your home without a scratch, unless he scrapes himself on a turnstile. So as I said, you can be a little anxious, that's natural, but just keep going on with life.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

I'd be worried sick if I was you tbh - but that's just because I'm paranoid and I always worry about everything even though the common sense says otherwise...

I'm sure he will be just fine, yes Heathrow is a huge place but the security measures in there are ridiculously tight (or so I've heard anyway ).
              Try not to worry because it will only prevent you from sitting back and enjoying the fact that you're finally getting to see him after being apart for so long! It is going to be amazing

Comment

It's natural to be nervous about everything possible! Don't stress too much, just try to relax and enjoy everything

Comment

Ooooh, I remember talking to you about this back when I joined the site. We haven't chatted in a while! But have fun with your guy!! and let us know how everything goes!!! Don't worry too much about the plane or anything, I'm sure everything will go just fine
                  [CENTER]"To truly love something, you must first give it a chance to fail. If it survives, it is going to be stronger than ever. Distance is pure proof of this, and forever we will love if we survive."

Comment

UPDATE:
                    well, i talked to my mum and she was like 'i'm so worried about him, i dont want him going to london, tell him to tell his parents that were on high alert' so i did, and his mum told him to cancel the london trip. so hes going to be in manchester for an extra 3 days which is good news for me... but also he was going to fly to heathrow then get a train up to manchester... but he had to get the underground between heathrow and euston so hes going to try and get a connecting flight to manchester straight away from heathrow, which is good news, lets just hope he can do that. fingers crossed for him, i'm so worried.

Comment

It is normal to feel worried about our SO's. But girl you will see him soon!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X