Gone after 4 amazing days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gone after 4 amazing days

Will left about 2 hours ago. We had a perfect time while he was here. I'm trying to be strong, but this sucks. I came home and was kind of mopey, but my family doesn't really get it. I'm not sure if they ignore the fact that I'm upset because they're not sure what to say or if they just really don't see that this sucks for me so much. Either way, I don't have any support at home really.

We talked about closing the distance before he left, and we have pretty definite plans to do so next summer. I'm worried about it though. Money is a big issue, and he's had such a hard time finding a job here. The plan now is to save money and move here without a job because he's run into so many obstacles with finding a job from out of state. I like that plan because it means he'll be here sooner, but it's also scary because there's no guarantee when/if he'll find a job. I'm working on some things that will give him more security when he gets here, but it's still stressful. I just hope it all works out.

We'll get to see each other again right after Christmas, but I'm ready to stop saying bye at the airport!!!

Daaaaaw! *hugs* Soon, so soon.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

That sucks. I definitely do not look forward to the goodbye at the airport. I've been doing exactly what you're doing - moping.

But hey, the plans sound pretty solid and that's great! You've got so much to look forward to. Now to just make time go a little bit faster...

Comment

I am glad you had a good time!!!! I know right now is hard...but really try to focus on the future and who will be by your side...
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

im so with you. how long have you been long distance?

Comment

Thanks for all of the encouragement everyone! It's really helpful right now (and always).

Machstx - We've been long distance all of our relationship (just celebrated a year together!)

Comment

Aww! I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time!!!

Comment

Well first of all I'm glad you had a great time

I'm with you on the family not really getting it, my parents didn't really get it after my first couple of visits but they're much better now, they know I'm not really in the mood for chatting about my trip on the way back from the airport, I'm quite happy to sit in silence the whole way home and then straight up to my room, usually in disbelief that I'm not in Finland anymore!

But it's fantastic about the chat on closing the distance!

I know it's hard but try not to think about it in too much detail yet, give it a few days until you feel better, otherwise you'll only find the negatives which won't help how you're feeling too much. Let the next few days pass you by, keep yourself busy and then you can start looking into things properly with a more positive can-do attitude!
                In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                My dog Sam ♥

Comment

So glad you had a great time together and that you were able to make some plans for the future, I really hope you can do it and close the distance next summer!

I know it sucks when people around you don't understand how much it hurts.. but at least you've got us hehe, might not be exactly the same but it's something anyway. We know how you're feeling and we're here for you

Comment

So glad you had a good time, and were able to make plans towards closing the distance.

I think most of us know exactly how your feeling right now, I find I just feel empty after saying bye to my SO ( I refuse to say goodbye as it's sounds too final, and say see you later instead) try to stay busy the first few days to give yourself chance to come toterms with it a little, I did two 12 hour shifts straight after my visit, kept me busy and I do feel a little better for it, it's only been q little over a week since I saw my SO past and I'm so over the separation already. I find concentrating on the next visit helps and also when it comes to getting the through the days and setting myself small milestones instead of thinking 6 weeks til I see him next I.e. This Wednesday I have doctors, next week I have the hair dressers, week after first aid course etc. And just worry about getting from one to the next. Probably wouldn't help everyone but does help me.

Stay strong hunnie and concentrate on the good times you had together and that you will be together soon

Comment

Originally posted by elina View Post
                      So glad you had a great time together and that you were able to make some plans for the future, I really hope you can do it and close the distance next summer!

I know it sucks when people around you don't understand how much it hurts.. but at least you've got us hehe, might not be exactly the same but it's something anyway. We know how you're feeling and we're here for you
                      I am very very thankful that I have everyone here! You guys are literally the only ones I have who understand my situation...well other than Will lol. It's very comforting knowing I can get on here and read about everyone's similar lives and talk to people who really understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Talent_2 View Post
                        So glad you had a good time, and were able to make plans towards closing the distance.

I think most of us know exactly how your feeling right now, I find I just feel empty after saying bye to my SO ( I refuse to say goodbye as it's sounds too final, and say see you later instead) try to stay busy the first few days to give yourself chance to come toterms with it a little, I did two 12 hour shifts straight after my visit, kept me busy and I do feel a little better for it, it's only been q little over a week since I saw my SO past and I'm so over the separation already. I find concentrating on the next visit helps and also when it comes to getting the through the days and setting myself small milestones instead of thinking 6 weeks til I see him next I.e. This Wednesday I have doctors, next week I have the hair dressers, week after first aid course etc. And just worry about getting from one to the next. Probably wouldn't help everyone but does help me.

Stay strong hunnie and concentrate on the good times you had together and that you will be together soon
                        Luckily, I'm extremely busy right now. I have 3 tests this week at school (the first in 45 minutes eek!) I do well with the short term goals like you're talking about. School really helps with that since I pretty much have something due or an exam every week. Christmas will come really fast if I take it a week at a time like that. Thanks for the advice and encouragement!

Comment

Great you had a good time!

Comment

Originally posted by lisaar910 View Post
                            Luckily, I'm extremely busy right now. I have 3 tests this week at school (the first in 45 minutes eek!) I do well with the short term goals like you're talking about. School really helps with that since I pretty much have something due or an exam every week. Christmas will come really fast if I take it a week at a time like that. Thanks for the advice and encouragement!
                            Your welcome! i also felt i had no-one who understood what i was going through till i found this site! its made a whole world of difference to me and does make it easier being able to talk to people who go through similar situations

Joys of school lol i so dont miss that lol! my job helps a bit as i have weekly deadlines so i pretty much go from week to week there as well

Hope your tests went well and stay strong the time apart may be hard but the opportunity it gives us to learn about our SOs on a whole other level is something you cant fault really, as they say distance makes the heart grow fonder

Comment

Working...
                            X