So who is with me in here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who is with me in here??

I know a handful of the members qualify for this area - just curious about any of the newer members who might be in this boat, and feeling quite old when you read posts about parents disapproving of your relationship and decisions about which college to go to

I loved coming here for advice when I first joined but I've felt very out of place for some time. So I just want to get a feel of who is still here and who might be more recent members and up for the conversations of adult challenges like career moves, uprooting children, or even the wonder of finding love again since by this point we've all pretty much been in one major relationship that didn't work out!

Don't feel left out, we all love you here I don't quite fit in, but my SO's over 30. Does that count?

Comment

not old

I am 32, and in LDR with 37 year old men.

Comment

Me! Me!

The funny thing is, I was just thinking I wished they would start something for this age range. So many of the other posters are young adults and college students, it just doesn't equate. I'm with you blankita, I feel out of place a good bit of the time so will post if something catches my eye but typically just skip it.

As far as age, I'm 44 (gack!) and my partner/SO is 27. So we have an age-gap in our relationship as well. We met and I moved shortly after with my teenage daughter moving with me. We've had a whole other set of issues to deal with in regards to school, bills, jobs etc so I do understand.

In regards to being amazed to find someone so incredible, I know exactly what you mean. I left a long-time relationship just prior to meeting my SO and honestly felt like I would -never- get involved like that again. However, I met him and he literally took my feet out from under me. The rest, as they say... is history.

Really looking forward to some good posts and conversations here though So happy to have found this!
        Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
        Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
        Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
        Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
        Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

i'm not legally over 30, but 28 and 3/4 is close enough, right? and my SO is 31.
          it also feels a bit redundant with the large amount of posts about college/parents/ petty issues and i feel like i don't fit in much, so i just come in to check on the people i've known for quite a while here
          Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
          And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
          ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

yay! it's a party

~~~~~~

Comment

Me and my so are both 43. We went to hs together. lost contact. Both went thru nasty marriages. he is divorced 5 years (very ugly) and I am just coming out of a divorce. We both have 9 year old kids. he lives in Ohio, I am in NC.
              I feel the same way about the issues of the younger generation of this forum. One of those, I've been there, please listen to my experience (especially the posts about parents)
              everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

YAY I'M WITH YOU!!!!!! I'm the wrong side of 30 haha x

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
                Second visit scheduled May 2013
                Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

Not a fan of my age, but yes... I'm there.
                  ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

No this is good! I'm happy there are more of us than I thought Not that I don't ever participate in the main forums, but it's just hard to dispense my thoughts and advice when I know a lot of teens and young adults will think I am too old and I don't remember what it's like to be at that age. I really do though but I just don't relate to those same issues.

Lucybelle - everyone is welcome to weigh in I just like getting an idea of who else is around when I need to connect with others in a more similar situation!

I may kick in a few more topics under this sub forum - maybe some repeats of old threads but since there are so many newer members, I think it might be helpful to make them fresh again!
                    Last edited by blankita719; June 10, 2012, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I'm 35 and with all of you on how you feel about so many of the posts. I usually just skim through, read and move on. Actually Leilani, my SO and I have a 13 year age gap...he's 22 so I'm right there with you!

Comment

Count me in on the the thirtysomethings...

Comment

Neme you are my new hero lol I was definitely feeling the odd kid out I swear though, it took me awhile but I'm finally not minding the joking reference to "cougar" anymore. I tend to kind of read it as a compliment... darn that boy is SEXY
                          Last edited by LeilaniJoi; June 11, 2012, 10:33 AM.

~~~~~~

Comment

I'm 28 inching closer to 30 and my partner is 30. Instead of worrying about parents I have to worry about our children's welfare, buying a house together and so forth.

Comment

So glad I found this thread, I'm new & was feeling alittle out of place. I'm 38 & my SO is 41
                              Last edited by Honeypie; June 11, 2012, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X