Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ Total insanity!

Hiiii!
    I already apologized in advance in my introduction post. That being said, my situation is stupid and complex AS IS LIFE.

I am married and have been for 11 years. Somewhat happily, have a baby, also my husband is quite ok with me having my LD boyfriend/LD boyfriend is ok with husband because we're all kinky bastards and it just works for us (don't judge!)
    Here's the skinny. I have NEVER been in love like I am in love with LD boyfriend.

Anyways, despite having had a million boyfriends in my lifelong career of being a nymphomaniac, I have NEVER been in love like I am with Mr.New York and I have never had this kind of connection with anyone. Since the beginning, we have practically had to work to try
    not to finish each other's sentences, know what the other is thinking, pages of us saying the same thing word for word at the same time to the point that we'll stop talking for awhile because it's creeping us out.
    Hubby has witnessed this and has said that my connection with BF is 'bigger than him' and even that he loves BF by proxy.
    Continuing on...

We're both artists and I've jumped on board with a project he's been working on for many years that is amazingly awesome. We are working to launch it and I'm his minion - he's the boss, it's his project. He tells me a lot that this is his 'shot' and that all the billions of times he is lost in his work, it's for 'us' because it's his way out.

He needs out because he's in a terrible situation. He had to move back home because his mom is very ill and needs constant care AND a sibling who has cancer AND a younger sibling who needs care AND with the exception of the kid, they are nasty and ungrateful to him which makes me livid. He lives in his own part of the house which makes phone sex and/or watching awful horror movies together possible thankfully.

Speaking of insane, he's insanely secretive by nature, plays his cards very, very close to his chest. I know people who have talked to him for years online and know nothing but his first name and his alter ego. Holding me privy to his family situation, opening his phone to me, sending me pics (although few) of himself and talking to me "out of character" has been a slow and often agonizing process. He's very stubborn and does not respond to coaxing, ultimatums or any of that bullsheet. He'll do something/tell you something when he's good and ready. Full stop.

We.Can't.Meet for an undetermined amount of time and it KILLS me. I told him we needed to, I'd stay in a hotel and chance things being cut short by him being 'on call' from the people who depend on him, he says no. We have a loose plan for fall because he thinks things will be better by then but it's torturous. He says he wasn't looking for this (neither of us were) and that truly, he has no time for a GF but since it's ME, he needs to be with me and wants us to be together no matter what for years and years to come. He talks about decades...and the end of our lives sometimes. He vowed years before he met me never to marry or have children, so actually I'm kind of ideal for him in a way...

He says 'I love you' first ALL THE TIME and is very patient with me as well despite being short with me sometimes when he's distracted/annoyed etc.
    I've been as patient as I can be. Despite my bubbly exterior, I am positively anguished about this situation sometimes.
    Wondering if he'll ever trust me enough so we can be a 'normal' LD couple.
    Wondering if this is real. Will we ever meet, is there a future, a REAL future him being 'Murican, me being Canadian, married etc (although hubby said he'd be fine with relocating!)

Lately, last few weeks he's been reticent. There was some drama and he's recovering from it. No sex drive, doesn't want to talk much, begs me to 'chill out' and 'give him space'.
    I fear he is 'phasing me out', but then wonder if the fact that I know in my heart of hearts that he loves me is an illusion or not. We went from talking and talking, 8 hour chats, 5 hour phonecalls to...trickles and polite 'hope you're ok' kind of talk from him. Weekends used to be an unspoken given, now not. He's always working now and tired/agitated when we do talk. I worry that he's bored of me and wants out.

I also worry a lot that I was 'flavor of the week' and he's cool on me now because he's got another online chick who is more fun because she's still a 'fan' or even flesh woman who makes me obsolete. I am the jealous type and this torments me. Also, his best friend on the planet is female and an ex just in case things weren't super enough.

I don't even know his sur name or his address...he's too paranoid to tell me. He says he will and he's made good on his promises before, but 6+ months now. That has me a little worried sometimes because I've never really been in love like this and if he gives up on me I will be destroyed. He knows this and I also wonder if he's fed up with me but keeping 'us' going because he doesn't want me to go insane.

For anyone who read this highly irritating novel, what the hell is going on here? I am SO confused. Giving him space for now but hoping this isn't an end whilst wondering if there is a future. I'm not sure this speech even has a central point or any information in it that could be considered useful or comprehensible to anyone who isn't me.

Can someone be truly too busy/messed up to meet in months and months? Does lack of sex drive always suggest there's someone else? Is 'busy' a nice way of saying 'go away' or training me to be on a back burner?

Advice on anything aside from 'get help' would be spectacular.
    Also, hi.
    Last edited by Red; June 10, 2013, 12:00 PM.

Wow...I totally relate to this...I have no advice, but know that I know what you're going through, in a way.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

We.Can't.Meet for an undetermined amount of time and it KILLS me. I told him we needed to, I'd stay in a hotel and chance things being cut short by him being 'on call' from the people who depend on him, he says no. We have a loose plan for fall because he thinks things will be better by then but it's torturous. He says he wasn't looking for this (neither of us were) and that truly, he has no time for a GF but since it's ME, he needs to be with me and wants us to be together no matter what for years and years to come. He talks about decades...and the end of our lives sometimes. He vowed years before he met me never to marry or have children, so actually I'm kind of ideal for him in a way...
      A guy that wants to be with you till the day that you die but wont take an hour or two at a hotel room that your willing to pay for to get to know each other for a bit. Regardless if he has people that depend on him... there is probably a way to get away or IF this was true to invite you over or near the house so that i an emergency he could return in a few minutes. That being said I'd say "Cool Story, Bro" and block him.

I don't even know his sur name or his address...he's too paranoid to tell me. He says he will and he's made good on his promises before, but 6+ months now. That has me a little worried sometimes because I've never really been in love like this and if he gives up on me I will be destroyed. He knows this and I also wonder if he's fed up with me but keeping 'us' going because he doesn't want me to go insane.
      Essentially, you've said that you know nothing "personal" about this guy other than what he's willing to share and even then what he's telling you is still on his own terms, his own time and not even the least bit intimate. It sounds methodical and awfully manipulative. I'm a bit confused about what he has to give up on since essentially the grounding for this exchange isn't an open and honest relationship that is intertwined with emotional vulnerability. I don't think there is much to give up on when he's not willing to give you his address (which even my Asian boyfriend that has strict parents that won't know we're dating till we're married will give me.) To say the least, I'd be skeptical about what this is and his true investment.

It could be as simple as he's a married or separated man looking for a bit of external validation.

Comment

At Babygund, cheers!

At Digital Fever, yes, I of course have fretted about all the things you've listed above. Thing is, I've taken care of a seriously ill family member too and I know how it is, not to mention neither of us are keen on the idea of an 'afternoon quickie' or him being called away in the middle of stuff. Also, we are working on the same project (with backing) and I know for a fact not only how swamped both of us are with it but also that he considers this his chance to get out for real so we don't have to mess around with this crap and actually have some real options.
        On that note, it's very late for 'cool story bro'. Our connection and all.

About the 'nothing personal', I know a great deal about him but he's paranoid by nature and I personally can understand why I wouldn't want to give me sur name to someone there has been drama with, we've only known each other for 6 months and there are kids there. I understand his paranoia and since he has always made good on his other promises, I think it's a matter of chocking it up to him being neurotic and being patient. So I know a LOT about him but not his sur name or home address which pisses me off but I don't find it dubious, nor does my gut knowing how cautious and twitchy he is by nature.

"Open and honest relationship that is intertwined with emotional vulnerability" IS what we have. However neither him or I are the types to lay it all down willy nilly. We've both opened up slowly to each other and it's been beautiful, albeit slow. He and I are now extremely open, honest, communicate well for the most part and have both been very vulnerable with each other. He's just a little nuts about privacy (ex was a stalker, his whole business was nearly ruined by someone he thought he knew, plus another chick stalked him off the net awhile ago). As I said I understand his caution because I've been there myself. Still, developing what we have has been a slow process and it happens but...going insane in the meanwhile, I want it to go faster but he's not ready yet!

He's not married or separated, has no children and I know this to be fact. Why would he even bother lying about that whilst I'm married? I know he isn't, and know in fact that he does live with disabled, ill people who are extremely demanding (one is going through chemo) and he's working to 'throw money at it' in hopes of us having 'our time'.

As for the 'giving up' part, that's something I can't go into. Suffice to say I've made him worry a lot and he's been there for me all hours. He said he isn't going anywhere and I believe him because he's stuck by me in some awful situations that many would have run from.

I know he's in 'work mode' now but it blows. >.<
        I know how stressed he is, I'm stressed too. I think only time will make things ok but in the meanwhile I'm going insane and my mind is going to terrible places.
        Last edited by Red; June 11, 2013, 09:46 PM.

Comment

I do know about the mind going to terrible places. I realize that when I am bored and focused on HIM too much is when I start to make up shit in my mind. You have a husband and child, try to get busy with them, while BF is going through his things. But try to be there for him when he does contact you.

ETA: I swear I will post more to you, maybe in a PM, Red, so you can see you're not alone. I just usually jump on here from work and have to be judicious with my time.
          Last edited by BabyGund; June 14, 2013, 07:46 AM. Reason: ETA

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I don't really have experience with your whole situation, but I can contribute to the personal information thing. I didn't know my SO's surname for a few months after I met him and he wouldn't tell me when I asked at first. Yes, he eventually told me, but it was after we had been talking to each other, almost daily, for about 3-4 months. I didn't know his address until about a year into our friendship and he onl;y gave me that so that I could send him a Christmas card. Honestly, I don't think my SO knew mine (surname and address) until around the same time that I learned his. So, just because he hasn't shared that information yet doesn't mean that he isn't sincere about the relationship; he could just be a cautious or paranoid person.

From a different perspective, that I haven't seen offered here yet, maybe he is afraid of getting too attached and getting hurt. He knows that you are already married, have a child, etc.. so maybe he is afraid to get too deeply into a relationship with you for fear of it not working out. You said that your husband is okay with you having a LD boyfriend, but what if the relationship kept progressing and it turned to more? Would he still be okay if the boyfriend was CD as well? Or maybe the BF says that he's okay with you having a family because he cares about you but it would be difficult for him to actually be in the situation outside of LD. Did he find out about your family before the feelings started to develop or after? Yes, you're relationship can be very real now, but once the two of you meet it becomes something else. I don't know how to explain that, but if the connection is there it usually gets a lot stronger once meeting up with the person. Maybe he isn't really prepared to be in a real poly-amorous relationship and is trying to work through that within himself, because he cares for you, before meeting up with you for the first time and being thrown into the situation when he isn't completely prepared for it.

There is also the whole 'not being who he claims to be' option as well, but it has already been mentioned so I'll just skip that one. I'm not trying to make you question your relationship more or anything, I'm just trying to offer things from an alternative perspective.
            "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
            This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
            Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Frantic, I came back here to 'report' in the name of information (for anyone else who may be in a similar situation) and a lot of what you said is bang on.
              We're definitely 'go', but we had a big talk about being afraid of being hurt, bring afraid of not really knowing someone and having them act out in crappy, damaging ways and as for the future...we know things but as it stands we have to WORK to get anywhere and we're both just going to have to be patient if we respect each other (there's things I don't want to open up to him immediately about too I'm sure).
              So now it's a matter of just enjoying each other and trying to build trust beyond the trust we have, which is high in an abstract way but needs to solidify in a more practical way.
              tick tock I guess.

Comment

I have no advice but i can semi relate, except my husband didnt approve of my extra activities but he did nothing to stop me.

I just wanted to say hats off to you for being honest and open about the situation and i hope it works out for you all.
                As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Hie Red,

any news of the situation?
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                    X