No announcement yet.

Any "over 40?" members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Ill be 41 in June and my guy is 38. I think with my age came patience, a more realistic outlook on an LDR and a maturity that I didn't have in my 20's early 30's. I stopped dating for nine years so my 30's were basically all about me and my own personal growth. Figuring out what I wanted and waiting for someone that shared my values, and was in the same life circumstances. We're both only children and dont want any of our own, I have never been married and obviously no kids for me, ever. I gave up and thought I was to become a spinster with 10 cats, a satellite dish and tall grass. Then there he was. And here we are.

Comment

Hi, I own my own home as well. All payed for, all by myself. My own car, also paid off. I never had a credit card or a smartphone. I am partially disabled and I know that if he moves here Ill have to get off of SSI (once I get it) because he wont be able to get a work or fiancee visa if Im receiving benefits. I plan to learn Japanese and by the time he moves here, I can get a job as a translator and he speaks English, Japanese and French so perhaps we can both get jobs, I dont know, working as translators someplace like at a hospital. Boston is full of hospitals! I just feel like if I have this time on my hands while getting physically better I can keep my brain exercised and better my station in life. Which is better than being on food stamps and heating subsidies.

Comment

Hi and Welcome to LFAD! All the best to you and your SO

Comment

Great thread! Thanks. I just turned 40. And during my split from my hubby, I met a younger guy online and we're now in a LDR. He's been such a rock. Couldn't live without him.

Comment

hi I am over 40 and this LDR thing is interesting to say the least. my guy and I have been trying to develop a relationship since Jan. I was him in jan. and the end of March. he has now moved further away. we are now 2700km apart. the distance I can handle, it is the fact that I do not hear from him for days on end.. it has been 7 days and not a word, no text, no Facebook, no calls... anyways it is nice to know others are going through the same thing. like you I made him a promise that we would make this work.

Comment

Hi everybody. I just found this site. I'm a 52 y.o. American, never married, living in Japan. She's a 42 y.o. Thai, divorced 10 years with twins. We communicate fairly regularly via Skype, maybe 4 times a week. Even if one of us too busy to talk (lately it's been her) we at least log on briefly to say hi and let the other know we're ok or maybe not so OK. I just got back from her country a week ago, but already miss her immensely.

Comment

It seems there are more 40+ then you thought at first, right? That's good, I would say.

I also am over 40, I'm 43. I got married for the first time when I was 31, and devorced her 10 years later. With the devorce, I lost my house and almost the right to see my - then - 6 year old autistic son. A week later, I also lost my job and as a result my savings. I have lived for three months with my parents and although I love'm very much, I can tell you it's not ideal when you are an adult to live with your parents.

Things got settled a bit soon after 3 months. I rent a one-room-appartment, about 75 sqf.

On a weekly basis, I do see my son. Think of about 1 hour a week! He's 8 now, and I am under the impression that his mother wants me to drive away from him. Any way, my son is the reason I cannot leave to the Philippines, because I don't wanna leave him.

I am happy that slowly my life is getting back together. I am composing now, I write articles for a Formule 1 website, and on a daily basis I chat with my Filipino GF. We've met only 6 weeks ago but it feels very good and she not only brings the good in me back, but she also brought my faith in God back.

Yeah... life can be hard, but surely it also can be very beautiful. At the moment, although I am over 40, when I chat with my Evelyn I feel 18...
                Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

I am divorced since 2000. Three kids 22, 20, and 13. Several failed LDR's since. One we started LDR, then lived together for four years. Another one had promise, but her OCD kept holding things back. I will be 50 in May.
                  Last edited by Chris516; October 21, 2016, 06:57 PM.

First Visit: September 2016
                  Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
                  Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
                  For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
                  John 4:12
                  I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Sure I am. I am a young 77, how do I get my pic in? my second husband died 24 years ago, may last relationship was 14 years ago. i thought I used up all my allotments for men. I met a guy on line, we wrote for 3 months, then he said he gave up smoking so i paid more attention, we wrote daily. After 4 months we met, only 1 1/2 hours away. Still a LDR. We hit it off. he has a full life where he lives, mine is good. He wants to keep his life and me. we're commited. I am his girl. We have a lot in common, very attracted to each other, we are very supportive of each other. he is into t/a feeings and we use our humor and flirt a lot. I see him every 2 weeks or so, he is 69. I am very grateful, of course I stay in today, who knows how long my life will be. We have fun, laugh a lot when together, talk for hours, cook together and then I have to do the texting, e mails, I get to feel apart, so until next week my jacket hangs over his. I have been thru a lot in my life, have learned, grown, love myself, I came out pretty good.

Comment

We made a deal to say good morning and good night, even if there was not a lot to say. That is helpful. We seem to always have a lot to say so that is good. Would he do something like that? Even just sending a hug makes it easier.

Comment

Originally posted by leilad View Post
                        Sure I am. I am a young 77, how do I get my pic in? my second husband died 24 years ago, may last relationship was 14 years ago. i thought I used up all my allotments for men. I met a guy on line, we wrote for 3 months, then he said he gave up smoking so i paid more attention, we wrote daily. After 4 months we met, only 1 1/2 hours away. Still a LDR. We hit it off. he has a full life where he lives, mine is good. He wants to keep his life and me. we're commited. I am his girl. We have a lot in common, very attracted to each other, we are very supportive of each other. he is into t/a feeings and we use our humor and flirt a lot. I see him every 2 weeks or so, he is 69. I am very grateful, of course I stay in today, who knows how long my life will be. We have fun, laugh a lot when together, talk for hours, cook together and then I have to do the texting, e mails, I get to feel apart, so until next week my jacket hangs over his. I have been thru a lot in my life, have learned, grown, love myself, I came out pretty good.
                        Welcome to LFAD, leilad
                        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Hello everyone!
                          I just turned 40 on December 13th and my SO is 46. He's never been married but I was and divorced in 2007. I was engaged 2 years after that and he was killed in a car accident so I just put relationships on hold and finished raising my now 16 and 20 year old children. My SO has a grown son (26 who still lives with him -_-) and a very needy family so I know I would have to move to his state to close the distance. We're both blessed with careers that allow us to travel as much as we want. I think the biggest challenge is keeping the relationship consistently a priority even when you r present life is demanding. Communication is the key to a LDR. I wish you all much love and happiness in your relationships.

Comment

Hi. I'm 43, and my SO is 36. Glad to see some older folks on here as well, in addition to the younger folks!

Comment

42 here.

Last edited by 2Rocky; March 7, 2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

You're not so old. I'm 53 my SO is 48.

Comment

Working...
                                X