Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do your friends get tired of hearing you talk positively about your reationship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Petals View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but I have no other really close friends lol. It's hard for me to not talk about my relationship especially when they ask. Then because I no longer have drama their response to my happy news is lukewarm, or if I ask their advice on a matter, they barelyrespond because my problems are nothing to get so stressed over.

Also, we are in our 30s and I truly believe that by now we should be able to put petty issues like jealousy aside. C'mon, we know now that everyone goes through their own struggles so jealousy is pointless. They have seen my very short marriage unravel, they have seen me go through deep depression... be freaking happy for me now!

I am seriously considering not even talking to them anymore. I am not going to be a sounding board for all their problems, then when I need advice they are not interested because my problems are miniscule to theirs. I wouldn't treat them this way and it is very hurtful!
    It may be not so much that they are not interested, but if the advice you seek are very different from the one they are used to give, even to you, it might be hard to change their way of thinking. Also, it is not easy to be happy for others if your own problems are huge. That is just how most people are, it takes lots of generosity to be otherwise.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I can't say that I have been,my 1 friend and me have both known Gary since we were in high school,my friend is also Gary's friend.

Comment

Working...
      X