Venting about relationship confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30+ Venting about relationship confusion

Heres the thing, sometimes I overthink in realtionships and ruin everything because im so suspicious of everything, But in this case I dont know if its my anxiety or if its real! Since i've known him, he has been so nice, easy to converse with, patient with me, and seemingly open, still...I had to google him..

1. I googled some of our early conversations and saw that some of the responses he gave me came up in search. The love poems n stuff are normal, but one time I asked him about something he was proud about in his childhood, and I found that same response in Quora.

2. I searched him on facebook and I saw that he has 3 inactive accounts. One is a normal one that has a comment from his older brother ( that led me to the rest of his family, I was creeping so hard) The other has a few more older pictures of him but his friends list are all women with a similar look (slightly chubby black women) the last one is a more recent (last active 2017) account with nothing on it but a picture of him.

3. One day he was explaining something to me about his passport and he sent me a screenshot of his passport, immidetely deleted it on skype, then when I asked him about it, he sent me a different one. He told me they made a mistake on his information and he never really paied attention to it for some months until he tried to use it somewhere. The one he deleted had someone elses name as the person listed under "Familiar Cuidadano de la Union" (Spain passport) the one he re sent was more current and has his fathers name as the family member.

We have met 2 times, once in a mutual location where we got a hotel and vacationed together, and another time when I visited his home. Both times everything seemed normal and we had a great time together. I met some of his friends and they are both married with families, They seem normal. I can call him any time of the night and he immedietely turns on skype to see me and then we usually talk for hours. I've creeped on his family through facebook and they all seem normal. He has never mentioned that he really wants to come to the states, but he did ask if I ever wanted to move to Germany where he relocated to work, I told him that I would if I found a job there and saved money.

I like him a lot, and we have been dating for about 10 months, Anytime i have a issue he wants to discuss and resolve it. but those 3 points keep replaying in my head and its making me feel like maybe this isnt what i think it is. When I brought up Quora he blamed it on him not being comfortable with english at the time we first started talking and he didnt want to sound dumb, so he found somehing on line, i havent asked him about facebook, and he tried to explain away the passport thing, which i find soo wierd.

In May he is suppose to come visit me in the states for 3 weeks. I dont know what to do. part of me feels terrible for thinking bad of him because he never gave me a reason to in person, and part of me thinks I'm too old for this and should run.

The passport is the only really weird thing i'm seeing here honestly. If English isn't his first language then yeah his answer checks out about the thing he found online, he shouldn't have done it sure but obviously he wanted to impress you. The Facebook thing also checks out, I have several friends who have remade their facebooks and have inactive ones now, even my mum has 3 different facebook pages so someone having a facebook page they don't really use isn't something really unusual.

Even for the passport, that's sort of a believable reason. My passport over the years have had different people in the family members bit, It at first had my mum and dad in it, and my newest one now has my mum and grandad. And really if you were meaning to send a picture, and then sent the wrong one you'd delete it too right? too avoid confusion rather than anything else.

If things feel fine in person and everything else about him checks out, then i really wouldn't worry. Although if you really do feel there is something to be cautious about, keep an close eye on him, especially when he visits and then you can decide from there what you want to do. Best of luck
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Hi,

Our minds can certainly be our own worst enemies. I think it can be really easy for people in long distance to have these questioning thoughts. I mean, couples not in a long distance relationship can start to question things at times, so for people like us who are not physically able to observe something, it can be hard. You're definitely not going crazy or anything; you're human. With that being said, I suggest that you try your best to just give him some more trust. If you can't take his word for it, then maybe take some steps back. Trust is a scary thing, and we all have to do it blindly. Either we trust or we don't trust. Sometimes we get hurt, but sometimes we don't, you know?

10 months is a good amount of time that you guys have been together - congratulations! - but there is still so much time that you need to build a lot of trust. I would take those 3 weeks he's coming to visit you to try to get a good feel of him and the situation. Our instincts can be pretty telling. If by the end of those 3 weeks you feel that you are still questioning him, then maybe step back. If you're feeling at ease, then maybe it's just something that's triggered by being far apart.

I do hope that you guys can enjoy your 3 weeks together and that you find out what is best for you!

Comment

yeah, english isnt his first language, and when we met he was insecure about his english, since then its gotten a lot better, way better than my spanish. Since that time, he hasnt sent any messages like that (I checked haha!...sigh). You make a good point on the facebook, even my brother has several facebooks because he keeps forgetting the password!
        The passport though. Its strange because he told me it was a mistake and he didnt even know the person in the family part. it even had a different NIE number, to my understanding you just get 1 NIE.
        Overall, I agree with you, things are fine in person but like any new realtiosnhip I will be cautious. Since its still on my mind i am going to bring it up to him again, and just tell him its still bothering me.
        Gracias!

Comment

Working...
        X