No announcement yet.

Support from BOTH Parents and Families!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was afraid my parents would be unsupportive as me and my SO getting back together but they were actually okay with it!
    His mom is okay with us. His dad is so mad.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Dauntedpoet View Post
      I am so happy to hear there are so many that have family support! My mother and father would have loved Ian.

His family wants him 'settled down' with a nice girl, and making babies, not wasting his life on a woman that is 7 years older, and allowing him to continue his 'peter pan' fantasies instead of making him grow up! Luckily they are very very stuck on appearances so they would NEVER lower themselves to have an actual conversation about the subject. Ian is use to them ignoring him or pressuring him to do something that will make him miserable, so he has mastered ignoring them.
      I'm thrilled to say .. I met his family on my last visit. I actually had dinner with his ENTIRE family!! After they actually met me and saw us together.. they are quietly happy for him. I think they've finally realized that he never wanted children.. and seeing him talk about MY children with pride.. was a new experience for them. I know he is so relieved because now when he talks about me at the monthly family dinners they are nice. His mother even asks how I am every time they talk on the phone. It has improved his relationship with them SOOOOOOOOO very much.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
      And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Chris and I got very lucky =) Both of our parents love us and everyone gets along very well =) Having open parents and their support makes everything so much easier

Comment

That's so great, I'm so glad you have that support. It's always easier when both parties parents support the relationship. My SO and I knew each other for 11 years before we dated, and our families knew one another so they were all for it when we told them we were dating.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Both our families 'knew' my SO and I would end up being together before he and I were fully sure ourselves! Mums know everything it seems

Comment

Working...
            X