No announcement yet.

Ways your SO has changed you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's helped me see myself in better light. I have a low self esteem, but he's helping me get better. I also have a bad habit of apologizing for everything (I do mean EVERYTHING) because of abuse from when I was younger and he's helped me to see that I'm not always at fault.

I have a weird habit of starting a sentence with "also" when there was nothing being said before hand... I think it started because I would be having an internal conversation that I decided to continue with someone else... I'm not crazy, promise. Anyway, he has started picking up on it.
    First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

I now say a bagillion all the time.

He has gotten me to take a step back from my anxiety and is slowly bringing my silly I don't give a crap who is looking at me if I want to ride up and down the ER hallway in a wheelchair and blow up rubber gloves into balloons back out of me. My ex kinda sucked the fun out of me (no, not on purpose) because he got embarrassed easily.

Comment

one thing that i love that eric has changed about me is sticking up for myself. i'm a very.. very passive person, and i normally don't tell people when they're doing things that are bothering me.. i guess i'm too nice. anyways, eric has taught me that not saying anything really hurts me in the long run, and i need to tell people if they're doing something thats bothering me, or hurts me. i have nooo problem doing that with him, and i love it, he's the first person i'm completly open with about my feelings, and it's a really good feeling
        <3
        sigpic

Comment

My guy has changed me so much! I've calmed down soo much, I don't want the wild child life anymore! I've found myself thinking about things in a more mature manner, I love watching Ricky Gervais shows which i would never have even considered before! And I've found myself wanting to support his football team to! He's made me so much more confident, He makes me feel like the only girl in the world! and most importantly I've found myself putting someone else's feelings before my own I love him soo much, I really miss his funny lil ways

Comment

Originally posted by Aimee Squeeze View Post
            My guy has changed me so much! I've calmed down soo much, I don't want the wild child life anymore! I've found myself thinking about things in a more mature manner, I love watching Ricky Gervais shows which i would never have even considered before! And I've found myself wanting to support his football team to! He's made me so much more confident, He makes me feel like the only girl in the world! and most importantly I've found myself putting someone else's feelings before my own I love him soo much, I really miss his funny lil ways

Haha!

Ricky Gervais is my hero!

Babe, take note of this. You're getting there slowly but THIS is what you're aiming for
            In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
            Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
            Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
            My dog Sam ♥

Comment

He's boosted up my self-esteem big time. I used to think I'm not pretty and I didn't like my body at all pretty much.. now, I see how beautiful he thinks I am and he looooves my body and I've learned to accept/love it too. Going out with no make-up on or.. mascara more like (never wear a lot of make-up anyway but still) was basically never an option for me but doing that doesn't really bother me anymore. I love knowing how gorgeous he thinks I am and I love how he keeps telling me that ♥

Because of him, I also feel way more loved and happy than I ever have before and I feel like that makes.. my appearance in general.. happier and more positive.

I also do cute stuff now.. and before him, I basically never did I love thinking of stuff to make him and then send them, I like taking pictures of myself and show him because I know how much he loves it. I looooove calling him cute names too

English.. everyone's aaaalways told me I've got a British accent but I've started to pronounce words like he does x) And he's also taught me to get rid of some of the American English words I used before (not my fault that they only show American programmes on tv and I picked them up that way D: ) From the first months we started talking on msn, it feels like we started to type alike I never used the word "pfft" for example, but now I say it loads because he did

Guess there's a load of habits/phrases that I've picked up but I can't think of any right now -.- Might not even notice them all

EDIT: and also.. I've started to like football more than I did before and I'm the biggest fan of Newcastle United well.. almost Jonas Gutierrez ♥ I want to watch it more.. think we'll be doing that quite a lot when we live together x)

Comment

Music Thanks to Patrick, I listened to the Beatles for the first time (a few years ago now) and my musical taste changed from mostly alternative rock to more folk/indie rock.

Empathy I'm a lot more understanding of people in general; I'm better able to put myself in someone else's shoes and have been less likely to unintentionally say something hurtful. I've learned that sometimes you can't even try to plan the future, so just roll with the punches and hope everything works out for the best (although I'm still a planning freak in most areas of my life.)

Trust I'm somewhat more trusting now; I still have serious trust issues left over from childhood but Patrick is someone I feel I can trust, so although I still have bouts of paranoia and uncertainty even about him, being with him has helped me slowly work on these issues.

Comment

Originally posted by amandamayaaa View Post
                  one thing that i love that eric has changed about me is sticking up for myself. i'm a very.. very passive person, and i normally don't tell people when they're doing things that are bothering me.. i guess i'm too nice. anyways, eric has taught me that not saying anything really hurts me in the long run, and i need to tell people if they're doing something thats bothering me, or hurts me. i have nooo problem doing that with him, and i love it, he's the first person i'm completly open with about my feelings, and it's a really good feeling
                  I used to have such a bad problem with the same thing! But he didn't like seeing me being pushed around so he made me realize what I let people do then has helped me become stronger

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                    Haha!

Ricky Gervais is my hero!

Babe, take note of this. You're getting there slowly but THIS is what you're aiming for
                    Haha I love Ricky G now, and Karl Pilkington is so funny it's beyond words!!

Comment

..Sharing a lot of the same friends, and having hung out with each other quite a lot before we ended up together, we DO share a lot of catchphrases and behavioral patterns. I don't know if she has CHANGED me as such... but she has undoubtably nudged me in certain directions, like:

- When I'm with her, I can be myself. Not that I'm not myself, when I'm with my friends or whoever, but with her it just feels easier. I used to be more aware of my actions, when I was around other people, but she has made me loosen up.
                      - I generally love it when people like me (duh!) which they fortunately tend to do, 'cause I'm a happy person But I have a hard time getting angry with anyone. Especially people close to me.. Therefor sometimes I let the friendly teasing go a LITTLE too far on my own expense.... My SO has made me aware of that, and now I have begun standing up to it.
                      - Heh, when I grew up I INVENTED new ways to be messy! ..but having to do my own dishes, all my own laundry, clean by myself and all that I tend to be neat - for my own sake! Now, don't get me wrong.. I have NOTHING against a good mees! ..I ... just tend to tidy up now a days She has tried to make me less neat - and succeded to some extend *applause*
                      - Haha, we are both proficient in the tongue of the English, but she has made me change my pronunciation of the word 'because' because she thought it didn't sound right ^^

geeez, I bet SHE could come up with countless more ways in which I've been 'nudged'... but it's hard for me to tell.. Things just seem natural when I'm with mah sweet girl

Comment

I think I've changed a lot for the better because of my boyfriend. I was a very, very guarded person before I met him but he's taught me how to recognise people in whom I can confide, and I've become much happier as a consequence. His encouragement and support has made me braver as well. If it hadn't been for him cheering me on from the sidelines, I would never have found the courage to fight for the things which were most important to me. Finally, I've become more grounded since getting together with my SO. When he came into my life I had my head completely in the clouds; I've learned a fair amount from his rational approach to life
                        Last edited by lademoiselle; March 20, 2012, 07:14 AM.

Comment

I've changed in some of my views and the way I act -
                          ~ I've become more of a laid back and caring person.
                          ~ I used to hate the thought of having kids, and now I can't wait to have them with him!
                          ~ He has made me more self confident. I am still really self concious, but I do feel a bit better about myself.
                          ~ He has built up my confidence in various areas.
                          ~ I used to smoke quite a bit, but I've basically stopped for him and only have one once a month, if that.
                          ~ I'm not as stingy and spend a load of my money on him to the point where I have none left! (which I know he hates ).
                          ~ I've started talking like him in some ways. "Like" is used a lot over where I live anyway, but I never really said it... until I started talking to him. And "to be fair" - I say it a lot! more, and things like "he/she is odd with me/him/her". No one over here says that someone is 'odd'

That's all I can really think of at the minute

Comment

Working...
                          X