X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I say it yet?

Christmas?
    Can I? Or will you all tell me off?

The best thing about Christmas for me, is buying presents for my family, friends and my SO. I get to write tons of lists! Yayy!
    [CENTER]

I LOVE christmas!!!!! My favorite thing is also presents, I love giving and getting presents. Its so exciting!

Comment

Hahahahaha! This post made me smile
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

¬_¬
        Not gonna lie, I dont really like Christmas..

It's just a way for businesses to make more money *shrug*

Call me scrooge or whatever it is..

Comment

i loooove christmas! its my favorite time of the year, waaay better than new years and any other holiday. My mom and i have a tradition, every christmas i buy her and she buys for herself a santa figure, writes the place and year in the bottom and displays them all over the place! it is sooo sweet and fun. Havent spent last 2 christmas' with the family tho couldnt make it, and i dont think i can this year either, but ill make sure i buy a santa!

Comment

I got my sister a present already, and I found something nice for my dad too. I like buying and wrapping gifts, the anticipation always gets me.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Also, my SO is coming for christmas this year! Well...2 days after christmas, but its still the christmas season, right?

Comment

I'm kinda with sam on disliking Christmas, but it's because of my family and the lack of appreciation I get for gifts I get them. I love giving gifts, especially unique ones catering to their interests. I already have most of my SO's stuff, I just lack recording equipment for something I wanna make and a CD.

Comment

Oh boy... it begins. I love Christmas, to be sure, but in it's time. One of my favorite holiday's is Halloween and when the stores put up Christmas decorations in the middle of October, it sorta detracts from the Halloween spirit for me. However, I understand some people really really love Christmas, so I've accepted that "Christmas time" starts in October. >.< I'll just close my eyes and plug my ears and act like it isn't happening. :P I'm glad people are excited about it though, good for you.
                  First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
                    I'm kinda with sam on disliking Christmas, but it's because of my family and the lack of appreciation I get for gifts I get them. I love giving gifts, especially unique ones catering to their interests. I already have most of my SO's stuff, I just lack recording equipment for something I wanna make and a CD.
                    Mine is more.. I dont really see the point

I'd happily not recieve any presents

Comment

I love, love, love Christmas! I've already put out a couple of decorations and plan to have the tree up the day after Halloween. If I could, I'd have the decorations up all year long.

I don't care at all about presents. I don't mind giving, but I'm not comfortable with receiving stuff usually, it just makes me feel awkward. For me Christmas is all about being with friends and family. And being a Christian, I also love celebrating the birth of Jesus.

I have to make this Christmas ultra special because it will probably be the last one I spend at home before I'm away living with my SO. And luckily he'll be out here to spend it with me.

Yipee! I'm so excited!

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                        Mine is more.. I dont really see the point

I'd happily not recieve any presents
                        It's a poor excuse to feel like you need to be with family, really. I think nowadays it's more for the kids and them getting everything you wouldn't buy them the rest of the year.

Comment

My favorite thing about Christmas is spending time with my family and opening presents Christmas morning with them!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
                            It's a poor excuse to feel like you need to be with family, really. I think nowadays it's more for the kids and them getting everything you wouldn't buy them the rest of the year.

Yup, which is where the shops come in, exploit everyone and take all our hard-earned money from the year

"i can buy gifts for people i love to make them happy" - well you can do that any time of the year, why does it have to be dec 25th?
                            "I can spend time with my family" - *see above* It's a poor excuse like you said if the only time you can spend time with your family is christmas because thats just "what people do"

Christians who believe in and celebrate the birth of jesus is a different thing altogether. Like someone already said in this thread they celebrate the birth and dont care about the presents.

Gee, I sound grumpy

Before I offend someone/everyone I'll go to sleep I think..

Comment

@Sam and LMH -- I can see where you're coming from.

It's a stressful time of year, and it is incredibly commercial, which I hate. I don't mind getting a gift or two for my immediate family, and the people close around me, and as I said, I love to wrap them and seeing things laid out beneath the tree.

I think I like the atmosphere of Christmas more than the holiday itself. I like the air being cold, being able to play Christmas songs (but not listening to them on the radio, where it's overkill), and seeing the decorations. I hate the crowded malls, screaming children, and being forced to spend time with relatives with whom I do not get along well. Especially since one particular relative manages to monopolize every holiday and make them miserable for us if it doesn't go as she wants.

I think I'm also more excited about Christmas this year because I'll get to see Penn, and that's what I think about.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Working...
                              X