No announcement yet.

Pet Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We really don't use them that often, and we only use them in texts, never in person. We either call each other "my love" or "mi amor." I've also called him "sweetheart" once or twice also.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I call him "baby" and "querido" but that's probably it. Sometimes "meu amor" - these things are all in Portuguese. My favorite is when he actually calls me by my name. I don't know but I really like it. He calls me "Shan" sometimes, shortening my name, Shannon.
      <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

aw cute :3
        We call each other a whole range of things.. He uses the typical Arabic ones (7beby, 7bebty, ro7y, 7yaty, 3omry, gamed) (oh, the 7 is a "ha" sound, 3 is a raspy "aa" sound), but also the usual honey, sexy, beautiful. But each has sort of their own context. So I know he's talking seriously if he says 7bebty, beautiful is any situation, and ro7y is special.
        He calls me Lilo too.. :3
        I call him Dodou, which sort of evolved from the French doudou for the snuggle blanket, and his nickname Mamado. Since his ex used Mado I wont use it.
        Most commonly though it's just baby and 7beby(habibi).
        Nothing ever comes with ease,
        the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees

Comment

^^ Aww I love all the different unique names people can call each other in other languages!
          <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

we call each other baby, sweetie, honey, or darlin'. he sometimes calls me sweetheart.

Comment

I call him Charlie, for the most part. Due to the fact that when I met him, he listed off about 10 names we could call him by, and my friend chose Charlie cause it was the cutest. It just stuck..
              But for cute pet names, "honey" and "love" and the most normal. He started calling me baby recently though, and it's super sweet . Oh, and whenever he helps me with my spanish he calls me "amor"

Comment

We love the basics so we often call each other "honey" and "baby". We also use Persian and Indonesian for those words, and since Persian sounds so beautiful I still get crazy when he starts calling me in the language.
                Other than that, sometimes he calls me "kitty" because he thinks when I sleep I kinda look like a cat, which prolly also points out to my laziness lol. I sometimes teasingly call him "my big nose baby", and in return he'd call me "my flat nose baby" hahaha...

Comment

We have a lot of nickames for each other, some cute and some downright stupid...but we always have a good laugh about them
                  I call him Mookie and he calls me Pookie, it's our joke name for each other when we want to make each other smile.
                  And we also use the typical; hun, babe, babes, sweets, love. But we also use names in our foreign languages (me: french, spanish; him: persian, italian, arabic)

Comment

my SO and i started calling each other "BOO" to annoy my mom, but now we just do it, and call each other boo all the time

Comment

I call my girlfriend sweetheart and princess; she doesn't call me anything. I call her my princess because that's what I intend to treat her like now and forever.
                      National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

I call him "stranger". Every time I begin a conversation I say "Hey stranger". When we met in person, that was the first thing I said to him.

He calls me sweetheart and... ugh... honeyfart. :/

Comment

We actually call each other honey bunches of oats too! ha. Weird. We use 'baby' a lot as well as the other basics. He calls me sweetie, babygirl, beautiful. I call him Mister-guy, KC (his name is Casey, whadduyaknow? only when typing though). We both use babe-a-roo often. My friends and coworkers call him Alabama.

We also have this cutesie thing we do. HEHE kind of embarassing... somethings we talk to each other in really high pitched voices, to sound like we're tiny people. His persona is Tuppy and mine is Quallie. I'm not sure where the names came from. We've gotten a few strange looks in public, but that's okay. It's nice to find someone you can be completely ridiculous with.

Comment

Working...
                          X