Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the nicest thing your SO's ever said to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I scored high on my SAT, he said he was proud of me, even though he knows that the score's just bring me one step closer to leaving him (physically) to go to America for college. That really meant a lot to me.

Comment

My boyfriend says a lot of sweet things whenever we talk. Just today I was telling him that I don't want to overstay my welcome if I come to visit him any time soon. He said, "Well, I am planning on spending the rest of my life with you, so you're always welcome to see me whenever you can make it."

I was going through a rough time a few months ago and I was trying to convey some thoughts to him and I told him I wasn't sure of the whole story. So he said, "The whole story is that I love you and that's the only story that matters to me."

There's a lot more, but those are just a few that stand out in my mind.

Comment

I love this post!!! I want to cry as I'm reading them because each one gets more and more romantic...One thing that my SO said to me was that I was beautiful and he didn't know how he got so lucky. He says that I am everything that he wants in a woman and he wakes up every day wondering how he got so lucky...I am his dream. The crazy thing is that I believe him and with all my own insecurities and fears about whether or not he will think we are worth fighting for..He proves to me everyday that he thinks that I am all that he needs and will fight for us....And I absolutely love it sigh :-)

Comment

I'm not sure if it's the nicest thing that she's ever said to me, (as there have been far too many to count, but the most memorable to me is) when I told her how I felt about her, she said something along the lines of, "I'd be a huge liar if I said I didn't completely adore you." Especially considering I was sort of bracing myself to be shot down, it just warmed my heart.

Comment

Me- its difficult because other people just aren't like I am...
            Ian- that's because they're just people and not unique
            Ian- this is YOUR song not theirs
            (we were music sharing)
            Me- okay
            Ian- strange kind of woman (in a good way)
            Me- I'm just different
            Me- no strike that... I'M SPECIAL! lol

Ian- No, you are unique
            Ian- uniquely special
            Ian- and talented, there is no other person like you.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
            And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Oh... I just remembered... it was out first New Years together, 2007/08. We had just been going out for almost 5 months, and for some reason we got into a little argument. It must've been one of our first arguments, and probably really not a big deal (I don't even remember what it was about), but you know how it is at the beginning of a relationship, you just don't know what to expect. And we were very young at that point. Most of our friends' relationships didn't last through their first disagreement at that time.

We were at a party with some friends when it happened, and he pulled me over into another room and said he wanted to talk. I was freaking out because I though "omg this is it, he's breaking up with me!". He was completely silent and just stared at me with some strange look on his face for like 20 seconds and I was really going crazy on the inside. Finally he took a deep breath (I was dying at this point), and said "I could never leave you." I just burst into tears because I was so relieved. We've had many arguments since then, but after that there was not one time where I was really scared of losing him.

Comment

"Your amazing"

"Your gorgeous" (one time I was down and he said, "no Heather your gorgeous and I love you the way you are)

He left me this message while I was sleeping one night:
                "Im so glad Im with you baby you make me complete I love you with all my heart plz be my wife?! I cant wait to spend forever with you and more you are my soul mate and we will have the most amazing family together"

*searches through archives* our conversations are mostly on skype, especially our heart felt talks. Everything he says to me, is amazing.. he is amazing.

[3/28/2010 7:09:25 PM] jason: i was lost i had you here for so long and then you had gone
                [3/28/2010 7:09:44 PM] jason: i dont want to be away from you cant you see that

Just to point out a few. I love him!!

Comment

"I've taken a long time thinking about what kind of person I want to be with, and you're it. You're amazing."

And when he was over for Thanksgiving and my parents asked him what he was thankful for, he said "the person beside me." Though he kinda chickened out and told me later when there was a few less people around. :P

There's a lot more, but those are the ones that really stand out to me.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
                  -- Anonymous

Comment

'It's not physically possible for me to do that.' (to end everything)

'You're beautiful. No, really. You are so, so, so beautiful.'

'I really love you. Don't ever forget that.'

'You are worth it.'

'I need you in my life. My life will be better with you in it.'

'I can't wait to share my life with you.'

'When I was younger, I used to dream about the perfect girl. I never thought I would get what I wanted. Melissa, you are exactly what I wished for when I was younger. You're perfect, a dream. What does that say?' <--- something like that anyway lol.

etc etc. it can go on forever lol

Comment

" i love you so damn much. i love you more than i ever thought i could love a girl. i love you with every tiny little part of me. you are my other half and i only feel right when im with you. when we are apart it feels like a big part of me is missing."

or...

"i love you so damn much. i cant even explain just how madly and deeply in love with you i am. you are the most amazing girl i have ever known and no one could ever ask for anyone as wonderful as you. you make me better. you make my life better. you make everything better, and i just cant wait to be with you again so i can hold you in my arms and tell you how much you mean to me."

Among many others.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                      - A. A. Milne

Comment

after having a really bad day yesterday (the annual Christmas contact with my ex dead beat husband) I was second guessing everything about myself... and he said....
                        "I feel the same way too sometimes, when I cross path's with J (bitchface from my blog).
                        Stupid I let myself get walked all over and railroaded into things I wasn't completely certain about.
                        Anger, frustration .... constant bad thoughts and wishes directed at her...."
                        "so yes, we're both damaged / broken to some extent but perhaps as each other we fill the damaged / broken parts
                        that the other is missing which is why we can be ourselves with one another and our love is different,
                        because we truly do make each other whole"

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                        And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

He told me about a dream he had the other night. He said he was coming home from work and instead of going to his house now, he went to his old apartment - the first one he lived at when we were first together back in 1997. He said he went in and just sat there, waiting for me to come home. And that he felt it was the most amazing feeling in the world, to sit there and just wait for me to come home to him. He's not a very sentimental man, so this seemed more sweet to me than any other words.

Comment

I won't get into the specifics, because his speech was very special to me. But he basically waxed poetic about how the stars aligned to bring us together.

Shortly after that I had our charts done by an astrologer. And he was right!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I absolutely love this thread!
                              He's said quite a few sweet and memorable things to me, so I'll just post the ones that stand out the most to me

"I know without a doubt you're my soulmate"
                              "I'm the luckiest man in the world because I get the honor of calling you mine"
                              "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me"
                              "Even though I don't tell you nearly enough, I want you to know I couldn't live one day without your love"

Comment

Originally posted by blankita719 View Post
                                I'm quoting from the very first Valentine's Day card I got from him way back in 1997....he says other sweet things, but these are my favorite words (yep - I keep sentimental things for far too long but so happy I kept this one )

"I have to admit that you have done a world of good for me, and I feel fortunate to have come close to you. I know that distance and other things are a complication between us, but I want you to know that, no matter what happens, you have a special place in my heart. Regardless of what the future may bring, I will always consider you one of my best friends, and if anything more comes out of it, then I consider myself truly blessed. Thanks for all the late nights and nonsense talks. I look forward to many, many more in the future. Love always, Geoff"

Dear lord, I love him <3
                                This made me tear up. That is so sweet

Comment

Working...
                                X