overly touchy and sensative lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dauntedpoet View Post
    It is soooooooo much worse during the holidays, this is the first time Ian and I will actually be together for the holidays, and I still had a couple melt downs. Here is what I do my Scorpio sister to keep my head on straight.... STEP ONE...I use the very long list (ya might have to make a list which would make this step two) of why he's wonderful by reading it over and over thru out the day, until it annoys the hell out of me that he is so wonderful and not here. STEP TWO.... I make lists of all the horrid, soul crushing, mind numbing, ridiculously humiliating relationships I have been in when I wasn't patient enough to wait for the right person. Recalling every time I stomped my foot and GOT exactly what I thought I wanted, exactly when I wanted it, and having it turn out to be exactly the opposite of what I wanted, reminds me that I am an absolute idiot, destroy the list as dramatically as possible! (finding new creative ways to destroy this list is a personal contest I have with myself) STEP THREE....Flat out wallowing, in whatever I fancy(fyi, jello in a bathtub feels nice but WILL stain your skin for a really long time), about whatever I fancy for 27 minutes and 13 seconds (I tried 10 minutes but it wasn't long enough and 30 was too long and led to depression) STEP FOUR.... I curse the world in general for a good 12 to 36 hours(again sometimes 12 is enough but its close to election time so I'd need at least 30 at the moment) by yelling at the television, hollering out the car window at cows in a pasture(obviously this can be adjusted to whatever the current surroundings provide, just word to the wise....make sure whatever you use is slower than you and can't jump a fence if its angry, TRUST ME.... long story for another time), write viciously in my journal until I can't see straight, and then wind down with a good old fashioned pounding the pillows on the bed. Usually it has passed by the end of step four, on one rare occasion I did need a step five.... but I can't tell you about it on an open forum because of the legal repercussions.

Love you big hugs!
    lmao! i may try those things heh, and maybe its the holidays as well but maybe the planets are in retrograde that normally puts people in touchy moods as well

Comment

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
      We all want what we want NOW. But we already have what we want the most right? Someone who loves us no matter what.

In the end..that is what matters.

IT will happen. Focus on that.

and now I will repeat the message to myself and take the same advice.
      Good advice! I second that one, although its really hard advice to remember and take!

Comment

I feel as though alot of people (like you told me) are going through this missing their SO more than usual, your very lucky to be able to spend the holidays with your SO. I think you definitely are a strong person, and you guys will get by everything eventually and it'll be worth so much more because you had to fight and struggle for it! PERSEVERE!!
        *HUGS HUGS HUGS*

Comment

Originally posted by Dauntedpoet View Post
          It is soooooooo much worse during the holidays, this is the first time Ian and I will actually be together for the holidays, and I still had a couple melt downs. Here is what I do my Scorpio sister to keep my head on straight.... STEP ONE...I use the very long list (ya might have to make a list which would make this step two) of why he's wonderful by reading it over and over thru out the day, until it annoys the hell out of me that he is so wonderful and not here. STEP TWO.... I make lists of all the horrid, soul crushing, mind numbing, ridiculously humiliating relationships I have been in when I wasn't patient enough to wait for the right person. Recalling every time I stomped my foot and GOT exactly what I thought I wanted, exactly when I wanted it, and having it turn out to be exactly the opposite of what I wanted, reminds me that I am an absolute idiot, destroy the list as dramatically as possible! (finding new creative ways to destroy this list is a personal contest I have with myself) STEP THREE....Flat out wallowing, in whatever I fancy(fyi, jello in a bathtub feels nice but WILL stain your skin for a really long time), about whatever I fancy for 27 minutes and 13 seconds (I tried 10 minutes but it wasn't long enough and 30 was too long and led to depression) STEP FOUR.... I curse the world in general for a good 12 to 36 hours(again sometimes 12 is enough but its close to election time so I'd need at least 30 at the moment) by yelling at the television, hollering out the car window at cows in a pasture(obviously this can be adjusted to whatever the current surroundings provide, just word to the wise....make sure whatever you use is slower than you and can't jump a fence if its angry, TRUST ME.... long story for another time), write viciously in my journal until I can't see straight, and then wind down with a good old fashioned pounding the pillows on the bed. Usually it has passed by the end of step four, on one rare occasion I did need a step five.... but I can't tell you about it on an open forum because of the legal repercussions.

Love you big hugs!

I think this is fantastic advice. I will have to remember all of those tips during one of my meltdowns!!!
          Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

Working...
          X