Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello =)

Hi =)

I have joined this group because I feel the only way to get through the time apart from my boyfriend is to share the tough times with people who understand what I am feeling.

People with good intentions, family and friends, say often "It will be ok, time will fly by," "He will be back before you know it," "I know how you feel," etc etc. They are doing the best they can to help me, but thats not enough, I need people who understand fully. And you guys do =)

Anyway a little about whats going on. I met my boyfriend in 2006. He spends 8 months of the year in the UK with me and 4 months in his home country with his family and friends. This is the 5th time he is going back within our relationship. He hasn't left yet, he leaves in 2 weeks time. And he comes back the first day in March. Normally every year I visit him. Normally in the middle to ease the missing feeling. But this year I havent got the funds to visit him. So it will be the first time I havent seen him for four months.

I know to some of you this isn't a long time. But after living together the majority of the year, to him leaving for 4 months, its kinda a big deal for me. And one where I look forward trying to be positive but just see a huge mountain to climb.

Anyway apologies for going on and on, I just wanted to say hi. And I hope we can all work through these hard times together =)

Welcome to LFAD!! You've come to the right place for support during those 4 months-
    That's a pretty sweet deal that he spends 8 months out of the year with you! I know what you mean about living together and then going long distance. My fiance and I lived together for 6 months before I had to leave for work.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! My fiance' is actually from Yorkshire
      [CENTER]

Comment

Hey welcome
        I'm certain that it's four months of hell, but we're here for you!
        Were you LD before you started this 8/4 month plan? I'm all for hearing a back-story^^;
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Hello
          Welcome to the LFAD site!

Comment

Thank you very much guys =) It really helps to know that others know exactly how I feel.

No we met over here in the UK as he races motorbikes for a living. So he is based in this country (luckily =)). Then when the season finishes he goes back to see everyone. So it didnt start as a LDR, it just goes that way for four months of the year. He leaves in 2 weeks time ... I know this sounds really weird but I am just wanting that time to come, because I know its coming and its killing me. Once that day has come then I can begin to look forward towards him coming back.

Ah cool, do you visit Yorkshire often to see your fiance?

Thanks again guys =) Your already helping by understanding how hard things can be.

Comment

Makes sense
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Welcome to LFAD =) You can always find support and plenty of good advice here. We all know how it is to miss your SO when they're away, but it is nice to have a solid base of support like this site to help us through the wait till we see them again. =)

Comment

Welcome! You are lucky you get that 8 months but we all know how hard that 4 months can be. My boyfriend and I have been LD for about 3 months but I have visited in that time. This site really helps with the in between time

Comment

Welcome!

Enjoy the time you have now before he is gone. Don't think about the day he is going to leave. That will only bring you down. I know it's easier in theory than in practice. I'm guilty of doing this too. Just take it all one day at a time. Don't think about the entire 4 months at a time because it will overwhelm you. The time will go by faster than you think. Just make sure you guys set aside time for each other. Beyond that, keep yourself entertained. Don't sit around sad because that will only make time feel like its going by slower.

Also, do cute little projects for him. I find that doing that gives me something to do and something to look forward to (like his reaction when he receives it). For me, that helps time go by faster. I spend time making him something and then look forward to when he'll receive it. That way you look forward to smaller time periods instead of the entire 4 months all at once. I hope I made sense with this. LOL!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Its definitely very hard, props to you for getting through it four times before...I don't know if i could do that, even with a visit in between.

How does he maintain a job if he switches back and fourth for so long...?

Comment

Welcome to the community!

Comment

welcome, seems like you two got things pretty planed out

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire Girl View Post
                            Thank you very much guys =) It really helps to know that others know exactly how I feel.

No we met over here in the UK as he races motorbikes for a living. So he is based in this country (luckily =)). Then when the season finishes he goes back to see everyone. So it didnt start as a LDR, it just goes that way for four months of the year. He leaves in 2 weeks time ... I know this sounds really weird but I am just wanting that time to come, because I know its coming and its killing me. Once that day has come then I can begin to look forward towards him coming back.

Ah cool, do you visit Yorkshire often to see your fiance?

Thanks again guys =) Your already helping by understanding how hard things can be.
                            I'm actually spending Christmas with him! Can't wait
                            [CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                            X