No announcement yet.

Things you should never ever say in an LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Just so you know, I rarely shower or brush my teeth. I usually don't wash my hands after work either."

This is when he worked in the meat department of his grocery store with dead animals. He told me this after having sex. After more than a year of being together. I seriously contemplated leaving him after he told me that. I am a major hypochondriac and I am terrified of bacteria. Fortunately, I got him to improve his hygiene. Hell, he showered 3 times yesterday. That's a little much, but he needs to make it up to me.

Comment

lol. I would freak out about the hygiene thing. >.<

Comment

Originally posted by Marian View Post
        lol. I would freak out about the hygiene thing. >.<
        Did I mention he waited to tell me all of this until after I got an infection from him? I think I would've preferred infidelity ;_;...

Comment

.O. You got an infection?!?!?! Oh my gosh, that would so totally suck! >.< I'd be so freaked out, I'd probably tell him to keep his distance until he learned to take care of himself better. ^^;;

Edit: I just remembered something else my boyfriend's said. ^^; I'm terrified of roaches (for some reason I don't know), like, I can watch people getting hacked to bits on horror movies, I can watch those creepy suspense/thrillers that have people paranoid and freaked out and not be scared at all, but even a picture of a roach is enough to make me scream. He's said he's going to get a rubber roach and throw it at me at some point just to see how I react. ; ^ ; I told him if he does that I'm not touching him (even with a 10 foot pole) for an entire week.
          Last edited by folclor; February 11, 2010, 07:42 PM.

Comment

I did. I made sure to threaten his testicles D:<. Well, not really but I was right about to leave him for that. He promised to take care of himself so I gave him another shot. There are still days I must remind him, but he's showering almost everyday now.

You know those pre-bush mouthwashes kids use to see the plaque and make sure they brush well? I bought him one of those and a Spider-Man toothbrush for Christmas. I made him use them everyday I was there for his birthday (that's when he finally got them).

Comment

Originally posted by punkpain View Post
              OMG... today my s/o blurted this one out "if your so horny why dont you just go find some nice guy to screw for a night and ill go find some chic and we can both be less stressed out" i totally wanted to jump thru the phone and strangle the living crap outta him.

LOL to the formulation - you would've been so right in doing that (strangling him, I mean )! OMG, this is awful! Come to think of it, my sarcastic reply to what my husband said about "living separate lives" was something like this. I was really furious and I just said "okay, so why don't we just pretend the other doesn't exist for the time being and screw around as we please and then go back to our married life after I come back?!" - that shut him up, because we're both very much against open relationships... it's just something neither of us could deal with.

Originally posted by Darth_Taco
              "Just so you know, I rarely shower or brush my teeth. I usually don't wash my hands after work either."
              Oh, my... just nasty! He has to be really self-confident to say something like this, after sex none the less! LOL My husband only brushes his teeth once a day as well and it drives me crazy! He just doesn't see a point in brushing his teeth before going to bed at night! Argh! Other than that, though, all is well in the hygiene department.

Comment

Originally posted by BJL_Sweetheart1109 View Post
                ...... wait all day, have a night class and anxiously complete my final, rush home to webcam, call him before I'm even out of my vehicle....I ask Ready to webcam?

"Um I guess you forgot, but tonight is Wednesday. It's RAID NIGHT!"

......I was so angry I immediately went for the six pack when I walked into the house!
                Sounds familiar!!! only with me it was futbol soccer, I get it argentinian and spaniards man are simliar, futbol is everything to them....but like you said, no game should be priority before your partner!!! I also ran for the beer hahahaha
                Last edited by ettie; February 11, 2010, 11:20 PM.
                Enamorada de ti!!

Comment

One time we were skyping and he told me "I hate to talk in skype" And I was like, what the hell, that is the only way we can talk as we live in different continents!!!! But whatever! lol

Comment

Okay, I have a sad update for this thread: another no-no is to say "perhaps you left me alone for too long and now I'm used to living without you"!! Gosh, I think I need to start a thread of its own for that one. That was a blow.

Comment

theres really nothing that she has ever said to me to hurt my feelings, non that i can remember anyway. Although i feel like a complete bitch even know when i made her cry one time i wont get into full details but that was one of the days where i kinda carried my ex's cheating ways into our relationship and we had a bit of an argument which i made her cry and she told me "im not gonna do that!!" and i felt so horrible, i still feel horrible even though that was like a few months ago, i felt like such a heel and such a bitch that day, i made it up her alot the next day but i've never forgiven myself for doing that because i swore i would never make her cry ever and i did, i still feel terrible about it.

Comment

I know the one thing I don't want to hear is, "Sorry, I won't be able to make it." 'It' as in a planned visit. I'd be so disappointed.

Originally posted by BJL_Sweetheart1109
                        We had been having a rough time in the communication department. I was busy with school and finals and work (to make money for school and plane tickets)..way stressed out. He's definitely my best friend and part of my support and stress relief. I asked to webcam and he whined that he was on his XBox and asked to schedule something. We schedule something for the next night. I wait all day, have a night class and anxiously complete my final, rush home to webcam, call him before I'm even out of my vehicle....I ask Ready to webcam?

"Um I guess you forgot, but tonight is Wednesday. It's RAID NIGHT!"

Actually lead to out biggest argument to date. lol I laugh about it now, it's in the past, been resolved. But I was so angry I immediately went for the six pack when I walked into the house! FYI: No video game should take precedence over your SO!!!
                        Aw, I'm glad you've worked it out. That's something I worry about sometimes. We play a lot of video games together, but we still have different tastes. And I know there are times when he doesn't want to just play with me all the time. ^^;; Like when Starcraft 2 comes out, I know he's gonna want to play with his old Starcraft friends. I'm not really into it (I think SC2 looks cool and will probably give it a shot), but he's "warned" me that he might "disappear" for a few days when it comes out. We're kinda clingy to each other lol I just know that it means he's going to be on a voice chat server talking SC2 and playing it every chance he gets... I wouldn't care if we were in the same room because I could still talk to him in the inbetween moments. :/

Comment

Working...
                        X