Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on my life

Hello everybody!

I know it has been a while, but I needed a little time off from talking to couples and happy people in love. The last month and some days have been extremely rough on me. Not only the break-up with Jess bothered my mind 24/7, but all hell broke lose a couple weeks after. But let's go step by step.

Jess and I are not back together, but we are finally talking to each other again. She asked me to completely stop communicating with each other for a few weeks so "we can BOTH move on" (quote: her last email after the break-up). Until one week ago, we haven't talked a single word over the phone. Some emails once in a while, but only about the joint bank account, taxes, and all that legal stuff we still have to take care of. At one point, I decided to tell her that I really miss talking to her and then within 5 minutes, she asked me if we could talk over the phone. It turned out that she really missed talking to me as well, and it was not working for the both of us not talking to each other. What does that mean? Does she want to get back together? (it is not a rhetorical question, so feel free to put in your opinion) I mean, my job search is still not looking too hot, so I have no possibility to move back. I believe that me moving back would make everything go alright. I still love her more than my life.

On Monday, I actually had my dream job offered to me from a company in Detroit, but they were not willing to apply for the visa, and I had to get it myself. ... ... ...which is not possible. So, there is my dream job and I can't accept it, which means I won't be able to fix things.

To continue my bad streak, my grandpa and I had a huge argument about buckling up while driving. He has ha little dummy that he can put in the buckle lock to cheat the car's "buckle up recognition" system because he does not like the feeling of the uncomfortable seat belt around his chest. The argument was so heated that he had a heart attack. Great... Fortunately, it was a mild heart attack and he was out of the hospital the next day.

A couple of weeks ago, I got diagnosed with a tumor sitting on my testicle. It is not malignant, and I am treated with medication. It should be gone within the next couple of weeks. I haven't told anyone so far because there is no need to worry, everything is fine. But I was scared shitless when I found out, you can believe me.

So, I thought that 2010 couldn't be any worse than 2009... Man, was I wrong! Thank you for listening to me, guys. I promise that from now on I will be around more often.

Heyyy, welcome back!
    Seems like the life is really tough for you now... but im sure there are better days to come. Myabe we have to fight and struggle for some time to enjoy the happiness after all... I really hope your grandpa is feeling better and that the tumor will be gone soon. I honestly cannot believe how so many bad things could happen in such short time
    But we are here for you to listen and give advice ...

So as for your not-so-rethorical question, i wouldn't go as far as if she wants to get back together... I mean, I am sure huge part of her does, and for sure she wants you in her life. because see... women are really complicated, there is a lot of things that lead to a decision, so a part of her is probably not dealing with the distance, while the other part is still loving you... definitely you moving back would help, so keep on searching.

I hope it all works out for you.
    Happy to have you back.

Comment

Thank you, aggie. It will take some time and I need to figure stuff out.

It is truly good to be back on LFAD. This is more than just a long distance relationship forum... here we all have a family

Comment

Oh my gosh... *thousandsofhugs*

I can't believe all of this crap has been thrown your way!! That's totally not fair, you're such a great guy and you deserve a lot better. I guess here's where you can test the phrase that it can only get worse before it gets better... something amazing is on it's way to way, I can feel it!

I'm glad you're back, I missed you!

Comment

Wow....I saw this the day you posted it and it took me a few days to place who was posting... My CRS is getting horrible!

Glad to have you back hun.... you're comments have always been insightful, and you've been missed for many reasons. Sorry to hear things have been so rough; Hope things smooth out for you and stay that way.

As for the whole does she want to get back together....only she knows. She obviously wants you as a part of her life in some form if she asked if you guys could talk. Give it time...though its hard, time reveals all things my friend. *hugs*

Comment

welcome back tim. its good to see you posting again. we all missed you!

Comment

first of all, its good to have you back
              its crazy how things can just snowball and turn into an avalanche! i'm terribly sorry youre going through this... but just like Jackie, i'm a fervent believer of balance in life, and the only way from low is up!
              to the question about what does your need to talking to each other mean, the way i see things it means you care for one another and are important parts of each others lives... you both did not break up because you don't love each other anymore, you broke up mainly because the distance was becoming too much of an issue to bare, and Jess had a lot of trouble dealing with it... to be able to take the decision that it is over, she must have thought through it a lot, and explored all other options, so i dont think she would be willing to get beck together in the same conditions, but if the situation is different, like you being in the US for instant, it might be possible...
              my previous relationship ended for logical reasons, not emotional ones... and although i know now he isnt THE one, he is a person i care for a lot, and is a key friend in my life.. that break up was very hard on both of us, since we obviously cared for one another, but it was also clear to us we couldnt be together as a couple, so we had to stick with it.. a few months later i met my SO, and he swept me off my feet and twirled me into a new life... it still took cutting all personal and almost all social communication for over 3 years before we were both ready and able to become friends... (we have a lot of close friends in common, and in the same class and major in university)
              the reason i am talking about that is because you need to figure out if there is hope for you two being together; because if not, keeping contact will be very painfull... so is false hope, very very painful... and the only way to figure this out is to talk about it openly, whether face to face, on the phone, or in a letter...
              keep strong, i can only imagine how it feels like to have those couple of scares you have just gone through; just know we are here not only as couples and happy people in love! (your depiction made me laugh so much, i dont really see myself there : p)
              i wish you the best of luck, and hope things get to a turning point real soon..
              Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
              And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
              ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

I'm sorry your life has been - for lack of a better word - shitty. But it's great to have you back.

And concerning whether or not she wants you back.. it's honestly hard to say. It could be that she's finding it difficult to move on or maybe she simply misses talking to you as friend. After being together for such a long time, you have a much deeper connection than just that of a couple, so it's only natural that she would miss you. But it's up to you if you can bear to be friends with her so soon after the break up, since I'm sure you still love her very much.

Good luck with everything! *hugs*

Comment

hey glad to have u back tim!
                  really sorry about all that has happened...whats that about the visa? ive never actually really dealt with that kinda thing, but freinds of mine also have to get a visa every few years and all they have to do is go to berlin? :s not sure about that but i guess its more difficult than it seems..
                  about jess...well i wouldnt be putting my hopes up too high, but definitely not give up! i really hope things eventually work out for you two!!

Comment

Welcome back!!!
                    Sorry that you have had to go through all of this. I have heard that when things go bad, everything goes bad at once. The good part though is that if you stick it out then it can only get better! I also don't know what to say about Jess wanting to talk. I know that some people want to be friends when they break up but not have a relationship. I think everyone else is right. You being in the US would probably help. However, just make sure that you can handle talking to her. If it turns out that she only wants to be friends, that would definitely be very hard to handle, so maybe it is best not to get your hopes up until you see how it goes.

I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, and although it might not be clear now, everything will work out in the long run, so keep your chin up!

Comment

Really good to have you back. =] I was only on LFAD for a really short time before you took a break, but even in that short time period I saw how good your advice was and what a nice person you were. It makes me sad that all of this is happening to you, it's simply not fair. Not fair at all. I sincerely hope things get better for you soon.

I think the talking with each other is good. If you are both hurting this bad about missing each other, then I don't see why you wouldn't talk again. Cutting people out of your life totally and without real mutual agreement hardly ever works when you've been a part of each other's life for such a long time. However, I agree with the not getting your hopes up. =( It's better to not expect something to happen and be surprised than to be certain and then disappointed. I would take her talking to you again to mean that she wants to be friends again and have perhaps a more comfortable friendship.

Comment

*hugs* ; ^ ; I'm sorry to hear that. I think job searches everywhere are crap and that's pretty horrible that the company wouldn't apply for the visa. I don't know why they would've offered you that job if they wouldn't allow you to take it. Still...it's good that she misses talking to you. It's likely that she feels a lot for you, still, but is afraid the distance won't end so she doesn't want to waste your time and hers. However, as I don't know her I can say that for certain. =/ You've always seemed like such a nice guy, you definitely don't deserve this string of bad events. But keep up and don't stop now because things will get better. I'll pray for you and I hope you find a good job soon. I also hope that you and her will work things out in a way that's best for both of you.

Comment

Welcome back

I don't mean to sound harsh but she wanting to talk could just be cause she's so used to it and after being together for so long she might just feel weird not talking to you everyday and she misses it. I'd be careful about it cause you're in a very fragile state of mind right now and even if she's being totally innocent about talking to you she might accidntally give you a false sense that she wants to get back together...

If I was you I'd stay without contact for a bit longer and sorted my head before getting back to the old habits, if you are meant to be together then not talking for a week or 2 is not gonna change it and you will find each other again.
                          I hope you can work everything out!

Don't stay away, we're always here to talk and to help

Comment

You being back definitely made my day! As I already said, we really missed you!

Oh, my, I'm so sorry all of this happened in a row... a lot of things went wrong for my family over Christmas/New Year's as well (father in hospital, hubby with gingivitis and flu alone at home, in-laws had a car accident while on vacation abroad)... I also had the feeling that 2010 is not off to a good start... but I guess we just have to believe that it's gonna get better eventually...

About Jess wanting to talk... I'm not really sure what that means either. I'm pretty certain that you coming to the US may fix everything for the two of you, though. It might be wrong and insensitive of me to ask at this point in time, but I've been wondering for some time now, so I'm just going to be blunt... I mean, the two of you lived together, you love each other and want to be together and the visa stuff is in the way... have you ever, if only theoretically, talked about getting married? I'm not suggesting you should propose now or anything like that, I'm just wondering if it ever crossed your mind or what your take on it is...

Comment

OMG! Thank you everyone for your input. I truly missed every single one of you on here, and this is helping me so much. I think that I am at a point right now that I realize that there is currently no future for our relationship. I just talked to her on skype again, and she mentioned that she would love to see me. I might go back to school since I can't find a job, and it might be a foreign country again. Not necessarily the US, but maybe if things work out the right way, I would love to do grad school at University of Michigan.

To answer your question, Luna. Marriage is a touchy subject because Jess is a very traditional Catholic girl who wants her independence and does not want to get married because of just keeping me in the country. That conversation almost tore us apart and ended our relationship very early... oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X