Help Promote LFAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Promote LFAD!

Hey guys, so I have been wondering for a long time how to promote LFAD to college students. Frank and I had a college LDR, and I know for the most part, college students are in LDRs more than any other group of people. Our site didn't exist while we were both attending school. I know that it would have been a real help back then for us. So I want to let other college students know about our site so they know that they aren't alone in this!

You can help spread the word!

So I have known about DailyJolt for quite some time (most US colleges have a page on DailyJolt). Frank was a member of his schools dailyjolt and I visited mine once in awhile to see what events were going on.

Recently they've created a virtual flyeroard where people can post fliers! So I've done a few of the big colleges, but of course there are more colleges than I could possibly do by myself. So think you can help?

Here's what you do.

1. Go to dailyjolt.com and find your school

2. Once you get to your school's dailyjolt, you'll see the flyer board near the top of the page. Click on "post flyer"

3. It will take you to a page that says "What type of flyer do you want to post?"

4. Click on "Ongoing Event / Announcement"

5. It will take you to the big "Announcements Bulletin Board"

6. On the right of the page, click on "Submit Notice"

7. It will prompt you to log on (I use my facebook log-in)

8. Finally, you'll be able to post the flyer info. For summary type in "Long Distance Relationships"

9. For the description paste this in:
    Free resource for college students in long distance relationships. Visit https://www.lovingfromadistance.com

The largest list of Activities for LDR couples to do from a distance! Over 80 activities and things to do listed to date!

Also check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/lovingfromadistance

10. Save this image to your computer and upload it to dailyjolt

11. "Keep posted till" - put this as far in the future as you can (I put December, 31 2011)

12. Click on "Update" and voila all done!

Even if you aren't a student at a college near you, you can still post a flyer on that school's dailyjolt.

Thanks guys! This will be an enormous help!

If you have posted a flyer at a school, let me know in the comments! (or as a reply if you are reading this in the forum)
    Last edited by Michelle; February 10, 2010, 05:38 PM.
    Read my LDR story!
    Facebook
    Instagram

Ha! You beat me to it - mine is the University of Minnesota. I'd already guessed so, it's one of the Big Ten, after all...

Comment

haha Yeah, I looked up the largest schools. I've only done a handful so far, and I was like, "This is getting tedious, if everyone on the site just posted on one school's dailyjolt..." :P
      Read my LDR story!
      Facebook
      Instagram

Comment

Oh my gosh! None of the UT campuses have it! o.O

Comment

Woop! University of South Florida has been represented.

Comment

I've never heard of dailyjolt. Let me take a lookie

Comment

Originally posted by MadMolly View Post
              I've never heard of dailyjolt. Let me take a lookie
              I believe it is just for colleges and universities in the US.
              Read my LDR story!
              Facebook
              Instagram

Comment

Nice! I see University of Kansas has been taken care of!

Comment

My school isn't on it >.< I then looked up a couple of other schools in SC, but the only one that had one was Clemson, which someone has already beat me to it! I was then going to post one for a Louisiana college since Jared is from there, but those are already done too!

Comment

I would like to post some flyers on campus though, but I don't know if anyone can put them up. I will ask a friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluestars View Post
                      I would like to post some flyers on campus though, but I don't know if anyone can put them up. I will ask a friend!
                      I used to post flyers at my college, and I wasn't even a student anymore. One time I had gone to see a comedy show that was on campus. Before the show started I posted a flyer and about an hour later when the show was over, I walked by it, and several of the tabs I had made with the site's url were missing! It had only been a short time, and it was at night, when not so many people walk by that bulletin board. So the next week I posted a few flyers on different boards. A few of those people had actually become members on the old member area.

If you'd like, I could make a flyer you can print out. I used to have one on our support us page but it was outdated.
                      Read my LDR story!
                      Facebook
                      Instagram

Comment

I am not in college anymore, but I will surely try to spread the word around!

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                          I used to post flyers at my college, and I wasn't even a student anymore. One time I had gone to see a comedy show that was on campus. Before the show started I posted a flyer and about an hour later when the show was over, I walked by it, and several of the tabs I had made with the site's url were missing! It had only been a short time, and it was at night, when not so many people walk by that bulletin board. So the next week I posted a few flyers on different boards. A few of those people had actually become members on the old member area.

If you'd like, I could make a flyer you can print out. I used to have one on our support us page but it was outdated.
                          I would totally print some out and post them at my university if you made a flyer! I'll put one on all of the bulletin boards I know get a lot of activity.

Comment

Here's a flyer you can print out:

https://www.lovingfromadistance.com/flyer.pdf

Has anyone else put one up at their college's dailyjolt?
                            Read my LDR story!
                            Facebook
                            Instagram

Comment

Thanks Michelle! I'll make sure to print some out at school tomorrow. I'll take pictures of where I put them up!

Comment

Working...
                              X