Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fell out of love

Hey all,
    My long distance fiance just told me that she fell out of love and she wants to break up !!!
    Let me explain the relationship so you can have an idea of the situation.
    We met jan 2008 while I was studying in the US. We were together for almsot 3 years now. I moved back to my homw a year ago which is around 7000 miles away from the US We were doing great, and I used to visit her every 2 to 3 months. now its been like 4 months that I didnt visit her, and she told me that she fell out of love. I don't really understand why. She didnt waant to tell me why. She said this is what she feels. Pleas help me guys if you can explain and tell me what to do.
    Thanx

Sorry to hear about this
    Just ask her why, and if she doesn;t tell you then i'm so sorry but you might just have to assume the worst. Ask if she wants to keep friendly contact and if she says yes then do so. Ask if she could love you again, and if its the distance thats doing this? But im sorry to say that for me, love knows no distance :S Just ask if things would change if you were to go and see her.
    But for the most part, yu can't force her into anything and if things were meant to be, then they'd be meant to be
    best of luck

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall. ~ Doug Fetherling

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear that this happened to you.

If she won't tell you why, then there really isn't much you can do or know. Maybe she wasn't ready for a big commitment, maybe she never really loved you in the first place, maybe she really did just fall out of love, maybe she decided that the long distance aspect wasn't worth it, maybe she just got scared. It could be a million things.
      In my opinion, there isn't much you can do other than talk to her and ask her to explain further. I, personally, think you deserve a better explanation after almost 3 years together. But if she won't explain, then I would say you just deal with the pain and move on with your life. Break ups suck but they can happen whether you're in an LDR or a close distance relationship.
      I personally don't think that exes can/should be friends unless they weren't very seriously dating, so if it were me, I would just cut off contact after asking her to explain her reasoning.

Comment

I would ask her if it's the distance making things tough, or if it's something else. See if she's willing to work through it, maybe spending more time together to see if you can rekindle to romance.

However, if she's truly out of love and you're not in a rough patch, at least she's figured it out before you got married. Good luck.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I'm sorry I agree, if she won't explain, then there's not much you can do. Maybe she's just confused or frustrated? I went through periods where I thought I didn't love SO anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
            I personally don't think that exes can/should be friends unless they weren't very seriously dating, so if it were me, I would just cut off contact after asking her to explain her reasoning.
            Yeah sorry i should've been more specific, i meant like just in case she changes her mind or something, i know thats a really weird thing to say but idk your SO and maybe she's just going through a confused rough patch?

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall. ~ Doug Fetherling

Comment

Aw sweetie thats beyond rubbish.

This happened to a friend of mine. Not LD though. They were together for a long time and she "got tired waiting for him to propose and ran out of love"

My advice to him, and to you is that perhaps there were things she was thinking before hand. IMO you dont just all of a sudden fall out of love.

As mllebamako said, it could be one or a combination of a million different things.

For your own well being it'll be really good to talk to her, get an explanation - she owes you that much. And maybe by talking it through you might discover its something you can work on. You might discover it was never really meant to be.

But as always the best thing to do - communicate.

And we're here for you on the forum whatever happens. *Hugs*
              Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
                I'm really sorry to hear that this happened to you.

If she won't tell you why, then there really isn't much you can do or know. Maybe she wasn't ready for a big commitment, maybe she never really loved you in the first place, maybe she really did just fall out of love, maybe she decided that the long distance aspect wasn't worth it, maybe she just got scared. It could be a million things.
                In my opinion, there isn't much you can do other than talk to her and ask her to explain further. I, personally, think you deserve a better explanation after almost 3 years together. But if she won't explain, then I would say you just deal with the pain and move on with your life. Break ups suck but they can happen whether you're in an LDR or a close distance relationship.
                This is exactly what I would have wrote. Sorry to hear, that.

Comment

I am sorry you are having to go through this. I Hope you are able to get the answers and closure (if that is what it lead to)
                  NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                  X