No announcement yet.

Would you end it..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can kind of relate to her, I have those kind of thoughts about my SO but I'm paranoid and a worrier. I wouldn't say I hear things but I have those thoughts running through my head. Maybe that is what she means, in that cases she is probably scared of getting hurt. I wouldn't be worried about that, maybe you need to talk to her more about it.

If she is actually hearing voices that aren't her own inner dialogue maybe suggest seeing a doctor. I personally wouldn't find that to be a deal breaker, but I'm a pretty forgiving, tolerant person.
    Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
      I agree with this. Encourage her to get help. If it were me, and she refused to get help, I would have to break up until she did.
      IMO, those are things you need to be willing to work on before you get into a serious relationship.
      To minorly counter, if it's a mental illness, it's harder to say "well I'm sick" because some people are so used to these problems it's normal. That or they're scared of being labeled crazy, in which case support and not "goodbye" is needed more. Some people need a push to get help or to change themselves for the better.

Comment

It would depend on the situation. If she's literally hearing voices, she needs to speak with a medical professional immediately, and she needs your support, at the very least. If it's in her heart, then a sit-down talk (via skype) is in short and immediate order.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
          To minorly counter, if it's a mental illness, it's harder to say "well I'm sick" because some people are so used to these problems it's normal. That or they're scared of being labeled crazy, in which case support and not "goodbye" is needed more. Some people need a push to get help or to change themselves for the better.
          What I'm saying, is if she refused to make that change, even if I was trying to push her towards getting help, then I wouldn't be able to stay in a relationship with that person. I could be there as a friend, but for my own emotional well-being, I couldn't do a relationship until she agreed to get help.
          Hope that I explained myself better.

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
            What I'm saying, is if she refused to make that change, even if I was trying to push her towards getting help, then I wouldn't be able to stay in a relationship with that person. I could be there as a friend, but for my own emotional well-being, I couldn't do a relationship until she agreed to get help.
            Hope that I explained myself better.
            Yeah, that explains it better, and I agree. It's just a lot more difficult if it's the brain and not her just worrying, which I'm thinking it's the former, because it is, ultimately, more stressful on both parties.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
              Michelle: Not everyone who hears voices hears "kill x" ones. I only did once, but I was going through a rough time and it was stress-induced. Also, just because you hear voices doesn't make you schizo, nor does it if you SEE things. There are other underlying factors that require the diagnosis.
              I learned in my psychology classes that schizophrenia and other psychosis cause sensory hallucinations. Psychosis is a very broad term and is not a diagnosis, so I wasn't saying she had any particular mental illness. The only other things that may cause them are brain injuries (I took care of a man that had visual hallucinations and was delusional after a stroke) and some medications can cause hallucinations as a side effect. But I doubt that his girlfriend's hallucinations were caused by either of the last two things.
              Read my LDR story!
              Facebook
              Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                I learned in my psychology classes that schizophrenia and other psychosis cause sensory hallucinations. Psychosis is a very broad term and is not a diagnosis, so I wasn't saying she had any particular mental illness. The only other things that may cause them are brain injuries (I took care of a man that had visual hallucinations and was delusional after a stroke) and some medications can cause hallucinations as a side effect. But I doubt that his girlfriend's hallucinations were caused by either of the last two things.
                I don't know if this could fall under 'hallucination'. But what about what I will call 'false guilt'? Because their guilt centers around something that is not true. Meaning, There guilt has the potential to make them feel they need to end the relationship, LDR or not LDR?

First Visit: September 2016
                Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
                Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
                For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
                John 4:12
                I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
                  I don't know if this could fall under 'hallucination'. But what about what I will call 'false guilt'? Because their guilt centers around something that is not true. Meaning, There guilt has the potential to make them feel they need to end the relationship, LDR or not LDR?
                  You do realize this a dead thread right? lol It hasn't been active in over 2 years. Not trying to be mean but may I suggest checking the last post date and the date the thread was made before you comment on a dead thread.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
                  Back Together: August 1,2012
                  First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
                  Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
                  Engaged: January 17,2013
                  Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
                  Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
                  We Got Married! - July 3,2014
                  SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
                  Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LadyDaemon View Post
                    You do realize this a dead thread right? lol It hasn't been active in over 2 years. Not trying to be mean but may I suggest checking the last post date and the date the thread was made before you comment on a dead thread.
                    I know. I thought I would revitalize by replying.

First Visit: September 2016
                    Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
                    Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
                    For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
                    John 4:12
                    I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
                      I know. I thought I would revitalize by replying.
                      There is no reason to revitalize a 2 year old thread by a poster who isn't even around anymore. If you want to make your own thread about it, you can make it in the Ramble On section but no point in bumping up something that's old hat.

Comment

She needs help, I'm not saying you should break up with her, but she does need to talk to a doctor, and while there is no cure, managing the symptoms can be done, medication and therapy can really help. But she has to want it, she has to want to make it stop and recognize that those voices are not the result of a chemically balanced brain. I know quite a lot about the subjects of mental illnesses: depression, bipolar,schizophrenia, personality disorders, the truth is that only those who recognize the abnormality and truly seek and want help will be the ones to make progress. It can take time for some people to come to the conclusion that they need help, and some will go through their whole lives being unable to recognize the problem. Don't drop the relationship right away, but recognize this isn't something that will just disappear. She has to really want help for herself, you can love her as she is, and love her with all your heart, but you can never love her better. She will need professional help, probably a system of it. You need to do some soul searching to see if this is something you are willing to work with her on, or if this is just too much. There is plenty of material about mental illnesses that can cause auditory hallucinations out there, read up on some. But if she doesn't want to change, you need to ask yourself where you deal breakers lie, it's a lot take on.
                        Last edited by NerdyChick; June 13, 2013, 04:25 PM.
                        First Visit - June 25, 2013 - July 15, 2013 (England)
                        Second Visit - December 20, 2013 - January 13, 2014 (England)
                        Third Visit: (Tickets Booked!) April 12, 2014 - May 10, 2014 (US)

Comment

GUYS! This is the oldest thread in the world... I think it can be left to die!

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if the people here have never been on another forum before. I've never seen so much thread necromancy in my (sadly, quite long for my age) tenure as being From The Internet.

Comment

removed post I guess this thread is too old sorry
                              Last edited by Markoslav; June 14, 2013, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X