No announcement yet.

Alone in a couple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

depends on the day really. they all acknowledge im in a relationship, although my mom refers to Denise as my "friend" instead of my fiance yes shes my friend but shes more then that and i wish she would stop doing that!!!

Comment

Everybody treats me like I'm in a relationship. And those few who don't? Like my homophobic aunt and uncle? I don't really care about them.

Comment

For me, it depends on which family! My husband's family thinks we're nuts and going to divorce any minute, so they don't discuss me. Instead of treating us like we're single, they more or less treat it like I'm non-existent! My family could care less and they know that Farm Boy and I are a couple.
        17 years LDR out of 18 years of marriage. Oh, yeah, plus a year of LDR courtship.

Comment

His family loves me and thinks of us as a couple; sometimes the fringe people in his life act like he's stupid, crazy, or not really in a relationship, but he tells them where they can put it. XD

My family welcomes him, and he's meeting my dad over Thanksgiving, but my mom occasionally slips and calls him my friend - I keep correcting her and my grandma. Apparently after you're divorced you can only have 'friends' - you know, men of the night and all that.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Originally posted by Čternity View Post
            gobsmacked. I feel for you on that.
            Well you would think the fact that they KNOW him, and have seen him every visit and they like him... *shrug* I just stopped going over there.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
            And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

I'm treated like I'm in a relationship. Well, some of my friends were a bit suspicious about me flying to another country, meeting someone from the internet but...let's face it I had told them the same. They tried to treat me as a single when I came back home but I told them I am sure I made the right choice and am not interested in other dates so by now (15months after taking the plane) they all accept me being in this relationship. They are looking forward to meet him once he moves here and my mother keeps asking me to teach her English or some Romanian words.. (I'm German, he's Romanian) so she can speak to him properly once he arrived..she also wrote him a birthday card a week ago.. Is awesome to know he will come here and be part of the family.

Comment

Working...
              X