Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have any of you ever thought of getting a tattoo as a couple ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would get tattoos at the same time as one another. I've always liked the idea for some reason, sharing that experience (I've tattoo-less and he currently has 4). But same tattoos? Nah... never.

Comment

Thats a tough one really, because in one way it could be seen as the ultimate sign of a commitment to one another but nothing is permanent in relationships, i was with my ex 9 years, so glad i dont have a tattoo, a guy i work with got his girlfriends name tattooed on his wrist and when they broke up he really regretted it as there is no way to cover it unless it gets it lasered off :S

I dont think i could ever get a tattoo to represent my SO even though i do love him more than life itself!!

But to each their own, i would just say think long and hard about it before making that decision, when i got my tattoo i um and ahhed for months about it, choice a design then waited six months to make sure i was sure before doing it, its a pretty permanent thing to do

Comment

Like others have said, relationships don't always last, even when we think they'll never end. When it comes to putting permanent marks on your body, I believe it's important to do it for a reason that's definitely permanent.

Comment

tattoos are discusting, no.

Comment

I understand everyone where they are coming from with the idea but i came up with an idea, not sure if anyone else thought about it but i liked it an might do it. we both were going to get the "where's fluffy" bunny from Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist since we both love the movie but to have one for me and her, i thought about getting each others finger print tattoed. so if worse came to worse and things dont work out, you could just say it was your finger print. No 2 finger prints are the same so eh cant be that bad. thats just me personaly.

Comment

My SO had an idea to make himself a tattoo with the names or birth dates of our kids.. maybe we can connect it so we both have them 8D Just need some ideas...

But there is a long time till then XD

Comment

We've talked about getting something small and meaningful to us. I'm not sure, I think I missed the age window for a tattoo. They'd probably say have a seat, grandma haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Èternity View Post
                  We've talked about getting something small and meaningful to us. I'm not sure, I think I missed the age window for a tattoo. They'd probably say have a seat, grandma haha.
                  Oh no way. My friend got her first tat about 2 years ago and she's in her late 50's. ^^

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

We will get tattos together next summer, but not really tattoos that belong to each other. I don't think that it's a good idea to get the same tatto or even each others names, because as sad as it sounds, EVERYTHING can end someday and then you'll have that thing on your skin FOR EVER! And it will remind you of your SO everyday. Every single day. But we will get tattoos together, different designs in different parts of our bodies, but I want to hold my hand while I'm getting mine and vica versa I can't wait for it. I've always wanted to get a tattoo and I'm even more excited that he'll join me

Comment

Never. I will never get any man's name tattooed on my body, except for maybe my childrens.

My friend had his gf's named tattooed on his chest, it wasn't even healed before she left him for another guy.
                      "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Adam and I have discussed it as wedding presents for each other. I like subtle tattoos so I want to get a white tattoo of a wedding band/his initial that would be covered by my rings.
                        He hasn't gotten any tattoos but he has big bold plans for them - like an entire back piece and future kids names on inside of his arms- I doubt he will ever get it done - he reckons he will get his back done when he loses weight.

Comment

lol this is a topic him and I have discussed quite a bit because for some reason when we were in high school our friends thought 3 years means obviously forever!
                          I don't think I'd ever get his name. I want to get my kids names when I have them or something that symbolizes my kid(s) if I do that I might include something that symbolizes him as well as he(whether its my current SO or someone else) is the father of my children. If he whoever he may be decides to do something similar and we have similar or matching tattoos then ok I think when children are involved thats the only time I'd be ok with it because even if you break up the tattoo is about your children and your family and whether you like it or not once you have kids you are bonded to that man forever.

Comment

Nah. No tattoos for me. I like tattoos on other people but not on me. My SO doesnt want tattoos either... he's too much of a cute and geeky type to go to the tough side.. you know? XD If I was gonna do anything i would get piercings :3 I like piercings xP But this about tattoos. not piercings xP

First Met Online: May 08
                            Became a Couple: 4.11.09
                            First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
                            Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
                            Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

My sister and I want to get a tattoo together, I want maybe 2 or 3, nothing too big.
                              Jason doesn't like needles though, so I know he'd never get one and I'm fine with it, I wouldn't want to get something that "linked" us together. My mom and dad were together nearly 20 years before he left her. Shit happens, and I wouldn't want to be constantly reminded of the relationship but at that point, I would be. I'd rather just not go through that.

Comment

Hell no. The only tattoo I'd consider is one of my kids' names.

Comment

Working...
                                X