Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picking up Personality Traits (Becoming more like your GF/BF)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is really serious and reads a lot into everything and I'm really silly and a planner and take everything at face value and I am really sweet and patient though we are both stubborn. I think a bit of both of our personalities is rubbing off on the other

Comment

Because of my boyfriend I just realized this, but I started saying "I see" alot because he uses that term "I see" all the time. So I picked that up from him.

Comment

Unfortunately my language has been dramatically affected by the people I work with. I'm the only person in the housekeeping staff that has English as a first language... and to be better understood I started dropping the small unimportant words from my vocabulary. I also don't pluralize very much anymore, because that's how my workmates speak. So I'm starting to sound uneducated >.> And Obi keeps reminding me not to speak like that at home!

But, I do try to speak Canadian simply because I get sick of repeating myself. So it's gas not petrol, mall not shops, toque not beanie etc. My accent has not been affected at all as far as I'm aware.

Maybe it's because we've been best friends for so long and finished growing up together, but I don't think I've picked up many of his traits, we're just similar people. Though, he has taught me to eat fruit and to swear less, but that's at least partially conscious. I've noticed he's picked up my slang and he showers more often, but that's pretty much it for us.

Neat thread idea
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I'd love to pick up his enthusiasm for Christmas. He gets so excited. I loathe this time of year because its a licence for my family to drink excessively, cause drama and pick fights. I can't remember the last time I haven't been in tears on Christmas or Boxing Day.

Comment

I've developed a bit of a southern accent. I'm also a lot more perverted than I was before I met her.

Comment

I'm much more calm and practical now since I've been with Scott. He's sooo calm and level headed, and I'm easily stressed and impulsive. He's been a good influence on me .
              [CENTER]"True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

Comment

I talk a lot in lolspeak now because of my SO. And I've become obsessed with football >.< haha! I love him for it though
                I've also noticed I have bad mouth too He's English, so he has a pretty bad bad mouth haha!

Comment

He's gotten less shy because of me (even though I'm a shy person myself >.<) but I read alot and now he's starting to get into reading books alot too

First Met Online: May 08
                  Became a Couple: 4.11.09
                  First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
                  Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
                  Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

Originally posted by Stephanieeee View Post
                    and since then..he's now a reeeeeeeeally dramatic person.
                    Spare me.

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
                      Wait..you guys don't say laundry? Or street? What do you say?
                      Lol!

Laundry = Washing
                      Street = Road
                      Shopping Cart = Trolley

I can never think of any other examples when people ask me but there are TONS!

Originally posted by Caitlin2009 View Post
                      ive started using words like "OI!" "bloody knackered" "bloody hell" lol among other words,
                      My SO too! Its so funny hearing him use words like "Knackred" "Wanker" or "Bloody hell"

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                      For some reason I started using the word "dude" a lot like last year... I think because I thought it was funny?? But then it stuck.. For example, "Dude! What the heck are you doing?" And gradually I noticed Frank saying it more and more and we say it all the time now.
                      Again - ME TOO! He says Dude a lot, and subconsciously says it to me a lot, and now I've started doing it!
                      Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyleeee View Post
                        Spare me.
                        you know you are.

Comment

Well since living here, I've been forced to say pasta the "correct" way. :P But really, I think I've changed a whole lot since we've been together, though it's hard to explain. One thing that really sticks out, is she's taught me to expect more for myself.

There's also another issue, where apparently when I talk, I "march", and I have to learn to "shuffle" instead, because when I walk around the house, even though I weigh like, 152 pounds, I disturb/wake up those on the floors below me, as well as the same floor as me. :P (For the record, this is not going very well...)

Comment

Originally posted by Rane View Post
                            Well since living here, I've been forced to say pasta the "correct" way. :P But really, I think I've changed a whole lot since we've been together, though it's hard to explain. One thing that really sticks out, is she's taught me to expect more for myself.
                            bahaha, thats exactly what I said to Kyle. Canadian pronunciation of pasta annoys me to no end.

Comment

How do Canadians pronounce "pasta"?
                              [CENTER]"True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

Comment

How do Canadians pronounce "pasta"?
                                From what I understand from reading up, the Canadian pronunciation "pass-tuh" is from the British roots of Canada. Whereas the American pronunciation "paw-sta" is from Italian roots (Correct me if I'm wrong here.).

bahaha, thats exactly what I said to Kyle. Canadian pronunciation of pasta annoys me to no end.
                                I've gotten really really good now though. I mean, I still know that in my head I'm correcting myself from how my brain wants to say it, but it's a start. :P

(And speaking of American to Canadian words, we still battle over decal. You see, in Canada, we pronounce it "deckle", and in America it's pronounced "dee-cal". There was a truck driving by, and I was like, check out the decal on that truck, or something of that sort. And she was just confused to no end as to WTF I was talking about. :P)
                                Last edited by Rane; November 27, 2010, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X