Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you going to give to your SOs for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you going to give to your SOs for Christmas?

Those who are in an international LDR, what are you going to give to your SO when you wont be together with them at Christmas?
    Are you going to send a huge parcel or do you send just something small like traditional xmas sweets from your country or cookies and give them the "big" precent when you meet each other the next time??

Aww...well that sort of bums me out, you only want those in an international LDR to answer? Me and my boy are in the same country but that doesn't mean we get to spend the holiday together

Comment

Aww no, nooo! Im sorry I didnt mean it like that :-( I just meant to say when you have to send something which takes a very long time to get to your SOs house. But yes I understand you, there is no difference in being in the same country or being on the other site of the world. At the end its the same we cant stay with our SOs and thats sad :-(

But what are you going to give you SO?

Comment

Oooh, I gotcha! And yay I get to answer (didn't mean to come off as whiny but I didn't want to answer if you only wanted international LDR peoples to post)! I'm excited since I just bought my bf his gift today, it's a Fossil watch that I actually bought at my work. I'm nervous since I really hope it's not dorky or too small for him, but I love the little tin box that came with it-I picked through all the tins and found an orange one that had an airplane and letters decorating it. I really want to bake him something and include that as well but I'm already having trouble figuring out if a watch is safe to send in the mail (apparently cell phones are considered hazardous because of the battery and I don't know if watches are the same) so I don't know if trying to include food would make it even more problematic.

And once I figure out his size I'm also going to get him one of the new Worth It shirts being sold on this site, though for that I might save it and give it to him for Valentines Day instead.

Comment

This! I'm handing it to him in person, because dammit I am not missing this Christmas! I closed the distance, I deserve a damn Christmas with him! D:<

Comment

Its ok I was just feeling a bit bad for making you feel not welcome :-)
            Thats a nice present, I know fossil they have real nice watches and I think there shouldnt be a big problem as long as you leave the watch in the original box and also with the food. I think you just need to put a little note on the parcel what is in there so they know.
            But for Christmas they are not so strict especially cookies can be send as well I think.
            I reall do hope so because I want to send some xmas cookies to my SO!!!

Comment

I'm waiting till the 27th when he arrives- I sent him a card to open Christmas day though! I got him a Japanese Bento Box Set, Some nice lacquered chopsticks because they were on our list of things to buy for our new house, an onigiri mold, a dinosaur sandwich cutter, chocolates and a new hat- hats our going to be a new tradition for us seeing as we both unknowingly bought the other one last year and I also got other stuff presents for him.... but wrong section of the forum

I don't know what I would have done if he wasn't coming over... I would like to make him cookies or chocolate covered pretzels, but I'm afraid they'd be stale by the time they got there. It normally takes 5 days for stuff to arrive between us.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
              <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
              The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
              <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
              <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
              Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
              Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'll probably just send mine a card, I like making them! Plus the taxes are so high to get a package in his country, it'd be cheaper for him to just buy his present himself! haha

Comment

ME!! in 16 days!!!

Though in 8 years this is our first Christmas together in person, so on the other years I shop online for him, at places that are local to avoid the shipping charges. Always something that makes him laugh and smile.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                  And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

last year we sent out our gifts really late. i made him a scrapbook and sent at the very end of dec, so he got a big package in Feb! which took WAY too long and we are not doing that again. he got me a build a bear with his voice in it that came in jan. this year he is coming on the 31st! so we are doing presents together in person for the very first time! otherwise we would have sent them out a long time ago. it takes 7 weeks for packages to come to us, only because im not paying 60 bucks for it to come in two weeks, thats too expensive.

Comment

Since we don't have webcams and we really want some, we decided that those will be our big/main gifts to each other and then we'll just get a few other small things to go with them. I haven't bought him anything yet, but just from browsing, I have a pretty good idea of what I'm gonna get him. I'll probably get him a few shirts from AE, a movie, a framed picture of us, and a Christmas ornament with the year on it. I really wanna send him a tin of cookies or brownies but Idk how they would taste after being shipped, since it will probably take at least a week for the package to get there.

Comment

I got my SO a picture frame with a picture of us and a bottle of my favorite cologne. I'm trying to think of a few other small things to get him though, especially since he's flying over here for a week in January.
                        "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                        Made it official: September 17, 2010
                        Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                        Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                        Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                        Got married: November 21, 2012
                        Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                        Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I bought him:

two CDs
                          A Japanese Hanko (signature) stamp with his name written in katakana along with an inkpad
                          A dog tag that says "The Mad Hatter" on the front and "Forever at 4 o'Clock" on the back (I have a matching one)
                          A groom voodoo doll
                          A "Cajun Survival Kit", more of a joke since I'm part Cajun

I also plan to record some Jazz songs played by me on my saxophone and put them on a USB stick for him.

Comment

I don't know! >.< Ugh! I think I'm going to bake him some cookies... And I bought him a couple shirts. But I want to find something else too. And I need to find it by this weekend so I can send it asap! I've been thinking about getting him an iPod touch because of face time and because he doesn't have any type of music player which made his 11 hour flight to see me in November extrememly boring for him. :/ But they're pretty expensive and I know he doesn't like touch phones because his fingers are too big. I imagine it'd be the same with an iPod touch. So I don't know. >.<
                            First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

So far, I am making him a cross stitch with the name of the sub he last served on and the navy dolphin emblem...haven't decided what else yet. He really doesn't like me spending a lot on him for Christmas since I have two boys. He'd rather me spend a little more on them, then give him anything. He's kinda cool that way . I'm sure I'll pick up something else...but, that's it for right now

Comment

Working...
                              X