Good news and bad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news and bad news

Well, the bad news is that I won't be able to see Joe for New Year's Eve. It was a visit that we've had to postpone probably a handful of times since October.

The good news is that I'll see him no later than mid-February...when I move up there to live with him. It's even possible that I could move up there in a month! He got two military checks today that he was waiting for and now he wants to see when he gets the next one and we'll choose a moving date then.

The decision was up to me...I could either visit at the end of this month, but then I wouldn't be able to move up there until April or March at the earliest, or we wait and the next time we see each other is when he drives the U-Haul down here to pick up me and my stuff. It was a tough decision and I really couldn't choose, so he ended up making the choice. And even though I'm kind of disappointed I won't see him this month, I'm glad that I'll be moving up to Northern California very soon.

Yay. That's awesome.
    It's worth the wait, you'll see.
    Just think, you wait this New Years, and you'll have him for next New Years, and the one after that, and the one after that...
    you get the picture.

Comment

I think waiting is definitely the better of the two options. Although you won't have this New Year's together, you'll have all the other days together once he picks you up.
      "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
      Made it official: September 17, 2010
      Got engaged: January 15, 2012
      Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
      Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
      Got married: November 21, 2012
      Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
      Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

That's so awesome and definitely worth the wait! You'll have a whole life time of New Year's Eves to spend together ahead of you after this one .

Comment

Congratulations! I know how you guys feel. My SO and I discussed me coming to visit before I moved out there, but have since decided that if it takes 6 months or 12, when I come out there, I'm moving for good.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Congratulations! Use New Years Eve to get a really good hoorah with all of your friends to celebrate your big move and this next big step in your life!

Good luck! See you soon when we both have the cool Alumni hats next to our names... *hums*

Comment

So, there's an update...

We had a change in plans. Joe currently lives with his sister and her boyfriend. While they don't treat him too terribly, he's concerned they might treat me terribly. He's also concerned that he won't have enough money to help me move up there. So we pushed the moving date to March so that we could look for our own apartment. But I'll still be able to see him soon...I'll be visiting him from February 12-15. (I already bought the train ticket!) And then like a month after that, we should be moving in together.

I can't help but feel a little cynical about everything though. Our plans in the last few months have changed so many times. :/

Comment

Working...
              X