Does anyone else get insanely jealous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Micah View Post
    I get jealous, but I don't show it. The funny thing is, I get jealous over my SO's friends. I just get jealous they get to hang with him and I don't. I am glad he has people to hang out with, but I still get jealous because he has friends he hangs out with every day. I want to be with him on a daily basis, so I get jealous that his friends get to see him and interact with him. I think that may be normal. Maybe envious is a better word than jealous. I know I am a jealous person, but I also trust him, so I don't let my jealousy affect our relationship. The majority of the time I just keep my jealous feelings to myself, so it's a non-issue between us. He also doesn't hang out with any women - he's a guy's guy, so I really never feel threatened by other women.

As far as movie stars: no, I do not get jealous over them because the majority of them are very unrealistic and pay lots of money/get surgeries/etc. to look the way they do. Also, I think some male movie stars are hot, so it would be hypocritical of me to get jealous.
    This is exactly how I am and pretty much how my SO is. :P haha

First Met Online: May 08
    Became a Couple: 4.11.09
    First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
    Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
    Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

Nice to hear from all of you! Still new to this forum, so I'm just grateful you guys exist

I'm still sort of puzzled at to why movie stars make me jealous (I mean, really?). Real people don't because I know he would never hurt me like that. I try to run through my own celebrity crushes so I'll calm down. Watching True Blood works like a charm!

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

I don't really get jealous ever honestly. Sometimes if he is hanging out with other girls I'll make jokes that I'm jealous they get to spend time with him and I don't, but I'm not jealous of the girls themselves. I know he loves me and I have no reason to believe he will ruin what we have over some random girl.

Comment

Well if it makes you feel any better, in my first "real, long term" relationship, I got jealous at the drop of a hat. I hated that he had female friends, female coworkers and even female cousins! Now obviously that was way out of control, even though I never let on to being jealous. I think my problem was that even though I thought I was self-confident, I wasn't. He had had other girlfriends, but he was my first. I was so sure that he could get anyone he wanted that I felt inferior to everyone else.

Well we eventually broke up (not for those reasons at all), and I feel that over a couple years of growing, dating around, and feeling better about myself I have come to a better place. My current SO and I were in an "open relationship" for a while and even the thought of him sleeping with other girls just didn't bother me that much. (weird, right??!!) I am so secure in our relationship and where it is going that him liking other girls doesn't bother me anymore. They're just girls. I'm his girl.

Well I don't know how old you are, but maybe you just need a couple more years to feel truly confident about your relationship. Just don't let it get in the way of where you are now! Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Micah View Post
            I get jealous, but I don't show it. The funny thing is, I get jealous over my SO's friends. I just get jealous they get to hang with him and I don't. I am glad he has people to hang out with, but I still get jealous because he has friends he hangs out with every day. I want to be with him on a daily basis, so I get jealous that his friends get to see him and interact with him. I think that may be normal. Maybe envious is a better word than jealous. I know I am a jealous person, but I also trust him, so I don't let my jealousy affect our relationship. The majority of the time I just keep my jealous feelings to myself, so it's a non-issue between us. He also doesn't hang out with any women - he's a guy's guy, so I really never feel threatened by other women.
            You summed up how I feel right there, I tell Clay all the time that I envy his friends because they get to see him so much! and same with the whole "I am glad he has people to hang out with" but I can't help but to be envious that they get to hang out with him and I can't
            Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

Everyone has explained all your other concerns, now I'll address the celebrity thing. Usually, the jealousy that arises from that is the thought of never being able to reach the same status of that celebrity, whether in be in looks, power, money, badassery, ect. What you gotta remember is that these people are completely out of reach, hence a fantasy like for someone who has the hots for a fictional character. Even if he could get that celebrity, they're more likely to just fuck them since they don't know their actually personality and mannerisms (or they don't like what they do know :P). You're above that, because not only does he want to sleep with you, he wants so much more. You're real to him, and better than the fantasy. Well, unless he's one of those creepy stalker people. Don't worry, you can usually tell pretty quickly if he's one of those :P.

Now to your question, do I get jealous? Not really XP, I'm too lazy xD. An example is his crush on a Rosario Dawson (google her!). He consistently tells me he'll leave me for her if he gets the chance. I encourage him and tell him to get me an autograph if he gets the chance :P. I trust him with his friends too, he's not attracted to any of his guy friends except one and his female friends drive him too crazy for him to actually try to date them XP. Then there's his ex who's his best friend, but he won't try anything with her again. His feelings for her have changed drastically and it's pretty obvious if you see them interact they have no real basis for a romantic relationship either now or in the future. I also have trust in his friends that they're not gonna rape him or anything :P. Only ones I don't trust are my friends. I know he won't do anything, but I swear these girls are idiots @_@. I wouldn't put it past them to roofie him and have him raped by a random gay guy they find to fulfill their yaoi fantasies, hence why he's not allowed alone with them. Why was I friends with these people for so long again? ;_;

Comment

I can get jealous from time to time. I don't like it and neither does my SO. I only get jealous when we're not together though. When she's with me, as she is right now, I don't get these jealous feelings or negative thoughts. At all. Because I don't have time to overthink every single little thing.

Comment

I don't know what it is but at times I can get really jealous, because I know that the girls at my SO's work have crushes on him and it bothers me sometimes when he's at work and he has to stay late... or something cause I always get a little freaked out or threatened in a sense, but I trust him so literally until anything happens, or I sense a HUGE change I try not to worry myself.

Comment

Michael and I don't get jealous so much as worried. We've both been cheated on and we really want to make this relationship work. Both of us are afraid of getting really hurt because we have so much invested in this relationship. We try to talk about it and it's a lot better having it out in the open where we can assure each other that nothings wrong. I think communication is really important. I know our relationship isn't perfect, but we're both working on it. Like said above, trust is important.

Comment

Working...
                    X