Anyone else having probs with Skype?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else having probs with Skype?

I'm supposed to have a video chat w/ my SO tonight, so stopped home at lunch just to set up my laptop where I want it & stuff like that - so signed onto Skype & it kept looking like it's connecting, but never connected. I have Veriozon FIOS, my laptop is set up to receive WIFI from my FIOS connection. I can get into the internet & can get to Skype (just can't connect) I checked some of the menu items & it said WIFI network not supported - funny I haven't changed anything since Nov 09 when my SO set it up for me. If I miss out on tonight, OK no big deal...but I'm getting really upset, I might not get to Vid chat on Xmas

Ok, now that you mentioned and I went to check, me and my Verizon FIOS are not letting me into Skype either! Its not just you ^^

Comment

I asked this question on yahoo answers, here's what's going on:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...2084320AAv8AwS

Edit: The skype website says that they are aware of the situation and are working to fix it as soon as possible. I'm sure that all of the techs that Skype employs are working on it and it shouldn't be more than 24 hours before they have it fixed.

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

Pytsip....Thanks for getting that answer. Hope they get it fixed soon.

Comment

Yep- Mine isn't working either. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Me & my SO had real problems with Skype, so I found a backup we could use, so that when Skype wasn't working we could still chat. We use the gmail video chat. It's good actually. We now use it more than Skype and have Skype as our backup

Comment

My boyfriend was gonna call me this afternoon (yay, that's a huge event, he doesn't normally call before 11pm) but neither if us could log onto skype It worked for me for a few mins earlier today (I recorded him a message) but has since stopped again.
              (maan, I really wanted to discuss something quite important with my boyfriend tonight)

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

mine won't work either, I've download gmail video chat, and he'll have to do the same. We'll have a back-up now I guess, but very inconvenient, especially with the mood I'm in

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Aww that sucks! It makes me very glad my boyfriend and I use Oovoo for our video chats, and only Skype for our voice calls before going to sleep as well as our backup. I hope it gets fixed soon as well!!

Comment

Not working

Comment

Oh wow... I hope it's up and working soon. I want to be able to use it on Christmas.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Seems to be working now for me!

Comment

I'm at work and can't see the yahoo answers website, would someone be willing to copy it here for me? Pretty please?
                          First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 5000miles View Post
                            I'm at work and can't see the yahoo answers website, would someone be willing to copy it here for me? Pretty please?
                            I wasn't sure what you specifically would want copied and pasted but thought I'd post one of the links found on the yahoo answers websites that is a link to a news site which got contacted by Skype and so it describes better what was going on! I'm not sure if you'll check this again before you get off work but it could be useful for others as well so I thought I'd help out..

https://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-2...#ixzz18rbVtlCQ

Skype outage affecting users around the globe
                            December 22, 2010 8:58 AM PST

Twitter users around the globe are taking to the social network to report that Skype is down for them. The tweets started hitting Twitter this morning and continue as of this writing. Users are also reporting that their mobile applications, including those on Android and on the iPhone, are inoperable.

I tested the Skype app on my Mac and it is down as of this writing. My Skype iPhone app is also down. CNET's Rafe Needleman had been experiencing outage issues this morning, but said that his service was soon restored.

Update 9:18 a.m. PT: Skype wrote in an e-mail to CNET this morning that it's "assessing the matter now and its extent. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to our users."

Update 11:12 a.m. PT: Skype then followed that up with a blog post shedding more light on the outage.

According to the company, it "noticed that the number of people online on Skype was falling, which wasn't typical or expected." After investigating the issue, Skype found that "a large number of supernodes," which act as the service's phone directory of sorts, "were taken offline by a problem affecting some versions of Skype."

To fix the issue, Skype's engineers are currently "creating new 'mega-supernodes'" that should get the service running normally in "a few hours." Skype's group video chatting feature could take even longer to be fixed.

Update 2:27 p.m. PT: As promised, Skype says that its service is "now returning to normal." However, the company also noted on its Twitter account that it could still "take several hours for everyone to be able to sign in again."

We will continue to share details as we hear more.

Comment

Mine isn't working. Here's the post they put on facebook.

https://www.skype.com/content/skype/...ime-20101222-2

First Met Online: May 08
                              Became a Couple: 4.11.09
                              First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
                              Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
                              Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

Working...
                              X