How did you find this site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you find this site?

Googling? Recommended by someone? If so, who?

Tell us how you came across this great site

For me it was simply googling things for LDR couples to do, I found the famous list and kept going back to it every so often, then I noticed there was a community and me and Tanja both thought we'd join up

How about you?
    In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
    Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
    My dog Sam ♥

It was through Google, but I'm not sure what I was googling for.

Comment

My best friend and I both joined an online dating site over a year ago. A week after we joined, I met Jared on the site and we started talking talking. Around a month later, my friend started dating a guy she met on the site. He only lived an hour away, but during the summer he would go home to Virginia, so they would be in a LDR. To start preparing for that, she googled "long distance relationships," and she found this site. She sent me a link to it because she knew I was talking to Jared. She only went out with the guy for a month before they broke up, but I continued looking at the site For the first two months of my relationship, I just stalked the forums because I was shy and thought that we hadn't been going out long enough to be a member, but I joined the day after our second visit to help get my mind off of missing him

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        It was through Google, but I'm not sure what I was googling for.
        Same here! I just know that I was really down at the time because my husband and I were quarreling a lot and we found it much harder to make up LD and I was looking for advice.

Comment

I found it the same way. ^^; I was really relieved to find a community, too.

Comment

not to sure.

Comment

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle!
              "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
              "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
              "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Same as most people I think, our skyping was getting a little stale so I googled things to talk about and found the list! actully that was about 3 months ago it was only in the last few days Ive started posting because I didnt really need advice till just before valentines day!

Comment

Michelle followed me during my brief stint on twitter after I mentioned something about me being in a LDR.

Comment

google! probably just typed 'long distance relationship'... never thought id find such a great place though.

Comment

I googled LDR forums and it was like the first or second thing that came up
                      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I found it through google too. I was probably looking for advice on LDR's or something like that because I was sooo against being in one. My SO took a job in Italy for a year, and honestly I just didn't know what to think or do. My SO and I have used the list of things to do a few times and I decided to sign up at the beginning of this year. This site is better than any book or other site on LDR's, I dont feel alone when I log in and it is comforting to know that other couples are going through the same ups and downs. It's been amazing.

Comment

Like Molly, Michelle followed me on twitter after I posted about using skype for the first time to talk to my SO. I lurked around for awhile, but joined when our relationship became more long distance than it already was.

Comment

Someone who was in a LDR at the time (sadly, they broke up) linked me the list of things to do, and I used it for a long time until I realized there's a forum as well.

Comment

Like Andy said

Comment

Working...
                              X