Saying my good-byes ~ Starting off 2011 with a fresh start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saying my good-byes ~ Starting off 2011 with a fresh start

So I guess I have known for a while that this was coming because I have had enough. I told Jared tonight that I thought we should break up. Anyone who reads my blog could probably tell that we have been having problems lately, but I was really trying my best to work through things. Basically, I have recently felt that my needs have not been met in our relationship and I have been trying to hint at this for quite some time, but he always seemed to say, "I'll try harder" (with no action), or there would be silence and he would say "I don't know what to say."

What I really wanted to hear was that he was willing to try harder. That he wanted us to work things out and that he loved me with all of his heart...but that didn't happen.

This was probably one of the hardest things I have done in my life, but apparently it was the right decision because he did not try fighting for us at all. Once again, he was silent. I hung up and he called me back. He said that it is hard to feel committed in a long distance relationship and that doesn't "feel it anymore." He said "I love you," but then he said that he is not in love anymore. Ouch.

Part of me wants to put this all in the past and just completely cut all contact with him, but we have still talked a little tonight (which totally goes against how I think a break-up should be).....blah

So that is that. I guess I will be starting out 2011 with a new start. I have really felt at home at this community since I joined a year and seven months ago, but now I guess my time is up.

Everyone have a happy new year!

I'm so sorry!!! I hope you stick around as I enjoy your posts.

Comment

I hope you stick around as well and I'm sorry :/

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

So sorry. Take care.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. Best wishes for your new start.

Comment

I am also sorry to hear this. Best wishes to you and your fresh start

Comment

Sad to hear this bluestars. Like the others said, I hope you stick around or at least pop in to say hello.

Best of luck to you.

Comment

sorry to hear that
                New year, new start.. I wish you all the best.

Comment

Sorry to hear this.
                  I hope things works out for the best... for you...
                  And I wish you the best on this fresh start.

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear that, hun. I hope you have a happy new year, and I want to say I think it was very courageous of you to do what's right for you. That's the hardest thing to do sometimes.

Take care of yourself. I've enjoyed getting to know you and talk to you. You're welcome if you want to come back

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Take care of yourself...stay strong. You've got a good head on your shoulders and in the end, what happens will be what is meant to be. Best of luck in your new start...you never know what this year could bring

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this, but I hope it brings you more happiness in the end. You have been a wonderful asset to this site, and I wish you all the best!

Comment

I am so sorry hon. Fresh starts are good when it is truly needed. Take care of yourself and know we are always here to help...((((Hugs))))
                          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've been following your posts and blog entries, and I hope you will still hang around here, but I totally understand if you don't. I hope the new year will give you the boost you need to start over! *hugs*

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this. Keep strong! *hugs*

Comment

Working...
                              X