No announcement yet.

Saying my good-byes ~ Starting off 2011 with a fresh start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out, I hope you stick around!

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
    -- Anonymous

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear this and as much as I know that it must have been a difficult decision to make, you did what was right for you. I wish you all the best in this new year. Stay strong girl!

Comment

It is unfortunate that this relationship didn't work out. I think that you have been trying very hard to make things work and I really get where you are coming from with wanting him to fight for more, alongside you. I agree that there is a positive spin to things, as you really can start this new year fresh and have shown resolve and courage to make the decision that is ultimately best for you. I also understand the desire to end communication completely and yet have the desire to keep talking immediately after. I have travelled that road before and it has either meant more hurt or has meant the mending of a relationship. I think that it would be healthy to take a specified space of time where you don't talk and think about whether you can pursue friendship, etc. or whether you are making all the effort again (which was a contributor for why you decided that the relationship needed to come to an end in the first place). Even if he feels he is no longer in love with you and expressed that honestly, it is still a very hurtful thing to have said to you and kept from you while still perpetuating something between you, but not making enough of an effort to keep the flame alive. I think he owes you the respect of a little space--he can't just expect to fall back into the pattern of how you were, unless he is willing to contribute, too or you both are willing and ready to change the nature of the relationship to friendship or acquaintanceship. We are all here to talk to, if you have more to say!

It seems uncertain whether you will take part in this forum or not anymore. Regardless of your decision (with the forum), I wanted to say that I have been very thankful for your presence, comments, and friendship. I find the things you say to be truthful and sage and yet also compassionate (a super combination).

Lots of hugs and well-wishes from British Columbia, Canada!

Comment

Aw, so sorry to hear things didn't work out I wish you strength and a better new year

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Snow View Post
            Regardless of your decision (with the forum), I wanted to say that I have been very thankful for your presence, comments, and friendship. I find the things you say to be truthful and sage and yet also compassionate (a super combination).
            I agree completely!!!

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this
              ((HUGS))

Comment

Working...
              X