Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groundhog Day yet again

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to get out of this rut I have been in for a week. MJ has been on the day shift at work and because hes 7 hours ahead of me, it has left no time for chatting. There has been a couple of texts and a few emails back and forth but no real time conversation.

I have tried to be brave and occupy my time with other things when I get home from work. I try not to dwell on the "what if" when those insecurities creep in and you don't want them too. Does anyone else feel that way? Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind. I try so hard to focus on the positive things

I leave on Wednesday to see him for 10 days , I'm so very excited, and yet I'm dreading the goodbye I know is inevitable , how can that be in the same sentence ??

Thanks for listening everyone

I think it's important that, when you start the what ifs, you catch yourself and force yourself to think other, more positive things. It takes work but if you can 'control your thoughts' as a counselor put it to me once, then it's less stress on you. After all, it's just causing you anxiety and unnecessarily so. But good for you for trying to occupy your time, believe me I know it's hard. My SO works 71 hour work weeks so we don't talk very much either and it's hard to not just be a bump on a log waiting for the slightest chance to talk with them. And don't worry about the leaving. That's in the future. Always live in the 'now' because you don't want your time with MJ spent worrying about the leaving. I hope you have fun next week!

Comment

Working...
    X