And the wait begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the wait begins...

Well, Matt has been and gone. We waited for 356 days and it was worth every second of it. I cannot imagine being without him. Even if we are so very far apart.

We are already discussing plans for Christmas this year. Because I'm going over, his family is planning a big Christmas somewhere in the countryside. Which will be fun! They have themed Christmases, so I've started looking through theme ideas. I'm stuck on 20's (which I think is correct, though his mum says it's 30's) with the flapper dresses and everything. I thought it would be grand! Anyone have any suggestions?

Anyway, I have put photos up from when Matt was here if anyone wants to have a sneak. They get me through the lonely days. I can't wait to get back to university so I have something to do other than just miss him...

Oh well, it's only another ten months...

Great pictures! You guys look soooo happy
    I don't really have any theme suggestions...the 20s sounds fun though!!

Comment

Doing the 50's - complete with poodle skirts - is pretty popular here.

You are my inspiration. You're so much more patient than I at waiting. LOL. Bless you, Sarah.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I am soo glad you had a great time!
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Silviar View Post
          You are my inspiration. You're so much more patient than I at waiting. LOL. Bless you, Sarah.
          Thank you, Silviar!!! The 50's sounds like a good theme. Grease style, maybe? ...I always have to relate it to movies to get the right image.

I'm glad I can be your inspiration!!! Thank you - that means a lot to me!
          Last edited by Sarah M; January 25, 2011, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Grease and a few other movies like that outta get you sorted right quick.

Can I ask about if you guys are gonna be closing the distance at some point? I wasn't sure if you'd had plans yet/thoughts.

Comment

I'm glad you had a good time and your pictures are absolutely adorable!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah M View Post
                Thank you, Silviar!!! The 50's sounds like a good theme. Grease style, maybe? ...I always have to relate it to movies to get the right image.

I'm glad I can be your inspiration!!! Thank you - that means a lot to me!

Hi Sarah! How can I see your pictures?

You are definitely inspiration to me, too! Patience is a virtue and one I definitely do not have. I am lucky enough to see my SO about every 3 months and I whine and complain all the time.

PS: Grease sounds GREAT!! I love everything Grease.. So much fun!
                Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

Grease and a few other movies like that outta get you sorted right quick.
                  Can I ask about if you guys are gonna be closing the distance at some point? I wasn't sure if you'd had plans yet/thoughts.
                  Sounds like fun - I'll mention it to him when we Skype next.
                  We definitely have that in our minds. Right now, he's working as a surveyor. To migrate to Australia, you have to go through a points system. So far he has 115/120 points. Well, that's if he continues working in London for another two years. Then he can start doing some serious organising to move over here. We both can! He is also being sponsored to complete his surveyors qualification, which will take three years or so. I have two years left of my degree and will hopefully spend another year working full time in a hospital as well as completing a new graduate program for nurses that they have here. Then, after we're both settled, we can look for work for him over here, and find a hospital nearby that I can work at, too. So... It's a few years in the making. Fortunately we're still young. But it would be nice if it were sooner...
                  I guess that's what you get living across the other side of the world to someone.

Originally posted by paulawriteslove View Post
                  I'm glad you had a good time and your pictures are absolutely adorable!!!
                  Hi Paula! Thank you so much! I'm glad you like them!

Originally posted by Butterfly View Post
                  Hi Sarah! How can I see your pictures?
                  You are definitely inspiration to me, too! Patience is a virtue and one I definitely do not have. I am lucky enough to see my SO about every 3 months and I whine and complain all the time.
                  PS: Grease sounds GREAT!! I love everything Grease.. So much fun!
                  Hi Butterfly! If you click here you'll get to them straight away. I love looking through them. They make me smile so much!!!
                  Oh well thank you, too! I guess it would be harder when it's every three months. You'd get sad because you just said goodbye, accept it, then get excited for the next trip only for it to last just that little bit less than you anticipated... No LDR is easy. That said, I find it easy with Matt because I know we're going to be together again someday. I can't imagine being with anyone else. I guess I've also learnt that my friends don't care how much I miss him. They see it as my choice to live this far away from him. Which I can understand, because they don't realise it's not a choice, because I didn't choose to fall in love with him. I don't complain to them any more. I just tell them the happy thoughts I'm thinking and soon enough, they encouraged my countdowns and were happy for me. Positive thinking helps. A lot.
                  Last edited by Sarah M; January 25, 2011, 01:07 AM.

Comment

I totally understand. I was going to do the work visa, but since it takes so long we decided to have me do the work and holiday visa - I wanted to come and work out there for a year, and it fits with my change in career plans. ^^ If I had a job like his, I'd think differently.

Comment

I totally understand. I was going to do the work visa, but since it takes so long we decided to have me do the work and holiday visa - I wanted to come and work out there for a year, and it fits with my change in career plans. ^^ If I had a job like his, I'd think differently.
                      So what do you and your partner do?
                      Fortunately, I have a British Passport and therefore can work and live over there if I so desired. Unfortunately, I can only study my degree in Australia to be fully qualified in Australia. Since Matt's planning on moving here, it doesn't seem feasible to study there and then come back. But I will be able to work over there once I'm fully qualified and do some exams. I guess that will be useful. There are so many surveying positions over here, it's crazy! I can't wait for the day we move in together finally...

Comment

I work in finance and freelance write, but I'm planning on working part-time and writing fulltime once I move over. My SO currently works for Southern Phones in sales; he likes it so far, although I'm sure since its his first big time job that he may end up braching into another business position down the road.

Comment

Oh well that's great to hear! Looking forward to hearing all about your plans when they finally unravel!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah M View Post
                            Oh well that's great to hear! Looking forward to hearing all about your plans when they finally unravel!
                            That'll be quite soon. We've set a tentative date for April, so keep an eye on my blog. ;D

Comment

Working...
                            X