:/ So pathetic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paris View Post
    I have ZERO compassion for people who cheat. NONE. ZERO. People that cheat damage the other person and then when someone trust worthy and good comes along they run in fear because of what the previous has done. So no I have ZERO sympathy for someone who cheats.

I posted my story and see it got one reply...seems the ones where people are lying, cheating or decieving their SO get all the attention. Just proves my point even more. If you do something like this how can you expect people to give you sympathy when you did it yourself? Sorry NONE. This is the exact reason my SO is having a moment right now because someone, more than one in his past broke his trust. It's not fair. People need to think of the future actions and how it will affect the other person later on and well they don't. They only think of themselves. Sorry to be harsh but I am tired of reading on various boards how people cheat and then want sympathy. It is pathetic.
    Well, while I agree it's hard to give sympathy to someone who's cheating I still agree with Sarah that we're not here to rub their noses in it and be mean. We're meant to be a supportive forum no matter what and people here are not really sympathizing but trying to give her advice on how best to handle the situation she's put herself in and the pain she's causing. You don't have to be sympathetic, but being outright mean doesn't help the situation ever. Don't take your frustrations out on someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Paris View Post
      I have ZERO compassion for people who cheat. NONE. ZERO. People that cheat damage the other person and then when someone trust worthy and good comes along they run in fear because of what the previous has done. So no I have ZERO sympathy for someone who cheats.

I posted my story and see it got one reply...seems the ones where people are lying, cheating or decieving their SO get all the attention. Just proves my point even more. If you do something like this how can you expect people to give you sympathy when you did it yourself? Sorry NONE. This is the exact reason my SO is having a moment right now because someone, more than one in his past broke his trust. It's not fair. People need to think of the future actions and how it will affect the other person later on and well they don't. They only think of themselves. Sorry to be harsh but I am tired of reading on various boards how people cheat and then want sympathy. It is pathetic.

I'm sorry to hear that your post has had only one response. Unfortunately, I do not visit here enough to know individual stories, but rather I come and say my piece, and leave. Hoping that what I have to say may in some small way help someone else... However, it is not anyone's role to judge or chastise other member's of this, or any community. People have their own reasons for their actions.
      I'm sorry that your So is troubled due to past failed and negative relationships. However, you cannot generalise with people here. You can only offer support and guidance. I don't believe sympathy is the answer. Not at all. Empathy, however, is a different matter. With encouraging words to exit the relationship, rather than chastising individuals and possibly making them feel guilty (whether you, or anyone else feels they should do is irrelevant) and singled-out will enable these individuals to make better decisions in the future.
      I do not support cheating, either. I have my reasons for that. But I feel this is a cry for help and your post may not have been very helpful.

Comment

I've been in the position John is in. My ex strung me along for two years, We had a kid so i felt like i couldn't just give up on it. I wish he had set me free so many times. eventually I gave up and ended it, but those years made my self esteem suffer so much. Don't put John through this. Let him go if you can't stop yourself (which btw i find that excuse weak.. I hate when people use it. you can, you just won't). let him go, move on and find someone else you can be with who's closer so you won't feel so lonely. do it before things get too messy.
        If nothing ever changed, There would be no butterflys <3

Comment

Working...
        X