No announcement yet.

advice for when the get going gets...well...rough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our main communication is talking over Skype, but when I'm feeling the distance or upset I ask if he'll pop on webcam for me. He's never declined my request and seeing his smile makes me happy. ^^

For times when he's not online and I can't get a hold of him by txt, I've been known to use Google's voice message thing. I'm not sure what it is, but when you try to call someone over Gtalk and they're not online you get a "voice mailbox" and can record up to 10? minutes and it'll be sent to their inbox. I only do this if I'm really upset about something and need to talk to him, but it's not an emergency that I need to wake him up for. It helps just to get it all out. And even if I leave 6 10 minute messages (lol) he listens to them when he can and talks me through my worries to reassure me. <3 It's sometimes better this way because I'm much calmer and less "hysterical" heh.

Comment

when Brian and I are really feeling the distance, we'll skype and try and talk as much as possible.
      but when I'm feeling the distance and can't talk to him at that moment, I get creative! the first thing I run to when I'm sad is my number one passion: baking. a big ol' sheet of "dr.seuss cookies" (chocolate chip cookies colored with food coloring! my sister and I made them and the name up ) or making a big ol' cheesecake with some fresh berries always puts a smile on my face AND takes my mind off things. if I can't bake for some odd reason, I'll make collages out of magazine cut outs, write letters to Brian, play Kingdom Hearts, go for a drive, call up my sister and have a nice chat, or ANYTHING really. sometimes I'll bust out my old coloring books and crayolas and color my heart away.
      Anything creative or childhood related can always make me feel better

Comment

I just cry and cry and cry a little more. Nothing really helps anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X