Why is everyone breaking up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes...im really worried why it seems like everyone is breaking up :-(
    I get really sad when I read all the treads about those who broke up with their SOs..Im truly sorry for them.

And worried that it happens to me aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiLove View Post
      And worried that it happens to me aswell.
      Don't project their situations on your own. That'll only stress you out and put a strain on your relationship. Just because there have been a few more break-ups than usual doesn't mean all relationships are doomed.

My heart truly goes out to all those who have experienced break-ups recently. I know what pain that brings.

Comment

I've noticed this "trend", too. It's really sad.

Comment

From a different view, blame the planet Venus. I have always been into astrology and the first full week of January particularly the 7th, was a day and week of "break ups" as well as the following weeks. I know most do not understand astrology and how it works in full but my birth chart predicted mine to the day and his was spot on too. I didnt look at them or even do our charts til after and I wasnt surprised that is was accurate. I use to use astrology for personal decisions and it was freakishly accurate and I stopped doing it. It is a time of change in personal relationships. The strong ones will endure in their relationships and this will be seen as a speed bump. I feel this is my situation as I have no real gut feeling it is really over. I feel it's a transitiion in our relationship. I will only know when I go there next month. I hope it turns out good in any form.

Another thing I have noticed is that people who spent long vacations with their SO as well have broken up. I see this as either they didn't get along or one realized how hard it is and doesnt know if they can do it. For my my SO got scared and ran but I understand and I'm not going anywhere. I am here whenever he is ready and he knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
            Don't project their situations on your own. That'll only stress you out and put a strain on your relationship. Just because there have been a few more break-ups than usual doesn't mean all relationships are doomed.

My heart truly goes out to all those who have experienced break-ups recently. I know what pain that brings.
            Agreed. Look at the number of people here who are sad for the others who have broken up - AKA, those who aren't having difficulties. There are just as many, if not more people who are ok. People don't post threads going "Life is ok right now. Any advice?"

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I don't know WTF it's going on, but we were one step before breaking up a few days ago. But a good speach made us stronger.
              What's funny is that one day before my spanish teacher told the class that usually January was the thoughest month so she was happy to finish it.

Comment

Originally posted by __ms.jaye View Post
                I guess the title really says it all. In no means did I ever intend to break it off with my SO and in a lot of ways I wish I wouldn't have and that we would have tried to fix it... But at the same time in retrospect I feel that he did not put any effort in to trying to fix it when I did try.

So I guess what I'm really wondering is
                Why is everyone breaking up all around the same time?
                If you and your SO did break up for what reason(s)?
                Do you regret it?

This also can apply to those who are currently in a relationship broke up with their SO and either found their way back to one another or split for good.

Thanks guys!
                why is everyone breaking up?

could be the season. winter apprently Is more stressful for couples. harder to travel, pressure of not being together for the holidays, and V-day is coming up.. more happy couples together.

reasons: me and my SO broke up 6 years ago and found our way back. I was only 14 and he was 19. I'm a commitaphobe and already was ancy and he was longdistance for a few months for work. he got drunk one night and kissed a girl. then the rumor mill started and suddenly it was he cheated with 3, and had sex with them all.. I broke it off in very unplesent terms.

do i regret it? no, never. we weren't ready for it. now we are. I also don't regret being with him in the first place because It taught me a lot and helped shape who i am now.
                If nothing ever changed, There would be no butterflys <3

Comment

I have been wondering about this too. It really is the time of year. I'm a resident assistant for college freshman and November and December-February are HUGE break up months. A lot of freshman couples give up in the distance thing by November. College officials tend to call it the "turkey drop." A lot of break up happen in the winter right before spring break as well. For us (those in LDRs) holidays are harder, because we're alone. Especially the dreaded Vday. For my college residents its because they want to screw around on spring break.

I worry about the break up trend when it comes around, because my SO and I have a lot of the same issues that have been causing some of the break ups I've seen on here. However, he and I have worked through them in the past and I'm confident we'll work them out again. My heart goes out to those who have just recently broken up. I know it must be terribly devastating. But you have an amazing support group here.

Comment

I almost broke up with Enrique on his birthday. I know, I'm a terrible person XP. It goes much further than that for me. I don't know if it's the weather or lack of sun, but the winter months make me more mentally unstable. It was actually around this time 2 years ago I almost stabbed Enrique because I just randomly started freaking out. I remember being on my period that day. Anyway, we (somehow) talked things out those days and things are good. We don't have any real break-up worthy issues in our relationship (other than my quite obvious mental illness XP). Actually, I haven't been doing too good these past few days either. Period time XP. I think that's why my mind has been so cloudy. I just haven't been thinking right. God, I hope I don't have another one of those episodes anytime soon @_@.

Comment

S.A.D. Seasonal Affective Disorder almost always sends me into a fit of depression. Proven fact. And January has always been my lowest point.
                      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

My SO lives in Alaska, so his seasonal depression is off the charts! No sun can you imagine? This winter we have had many many arguments. I think it is the stress associated as well. Holidays without your sweetheart.. bills, taxes, etc. It's daunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mfashnik View Post
                          I have been wondering about this too. It really is the time of year. I'm a resident assistant for college freshman and November and December-February are HUGE break up months. A lot of freshman couples give up in the distance thing by November. College officials tend to call it the "turkey drop." A lot of break up happen in the winter right before spring break as well. For us (those in LDRs) holidays are harder, because we're alone. Especially the dreaded Vday. For my college residents its because they want to screw around on spring break.

I worry about the break up trend when it comes around, because my SO and I have a lot of the same issues that have been causing some of the break ups I've seen on here. However, he and I have worked through them in the past and I'm confident we'll work them out again. My heart goes out to those who have just recently broken up. I know it must be terribly devastating. But you have an amazing support group here.
                          From a sociological POV the "turkey drop" is quite interesting. I suppose having 4 holidays in a row (Thanksgiving, Christmas holidays, New Year's and Valentine's Day) can put a lot of pressure and stress on couples. I guess if you can make it past Valentine's Day you're in the clear until next November heh.

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
                          S.A.D. Seasonal Affective Disorder almost always sends me into a fit of depression. Proven fact. And January has always been my lowest point.
                          I hadn't thought of that, but that could very well be a factor. Especially when your SO lives somewhere that doesn't quite feel the same "winter blues." Like I'm up here in Canada and January is usually our toughest month for snowstorms and blizzards. Not to mention it's so freakin' cold out that if I don't have to go out, I don't. That leaves me stuck inside A LOT and I miss a lot of human interaction and 'fresh' air. Ray on the other hand lives in Vegas. Yeah, it gets cool there at night, but it's not even a comparison to the weather up here. He's never been to a place like this in the winter, so he doesn't know how depressing it can get. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Silviar View Post
                            I love that facebook chart - absolutely fascinating.
                            what is this facebook chart you are talking about?

Comment

S.A.D is very real, I am affected by that also. It breaks my heart to see soo many people breaking up. I noticed this trend a few weeks back. My heart goes out to all who are affected.

Comment

Originally posted by agentholli View Post
                                what is this facebook chart you are talking about?
                                It was posted on the first page: https://mathiasmikkelsen.com/2010/10...-and-breakups/

Comment

Working...
                                X