No announcement yet.

Meeting for the first time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went. My boy is very shy and if it was left up to him, we'd have never met. Also, I'm the more adventurous one and I love to travel, so it was no big deal to me to be the first one to go. Sure, my family had concerns, but I'm a little older and they aren't as much of an influence in that way anymore. But in all fairness to them, I WAS flying 4200 miles away to meet and stay with some guy from work So, I understand the worry.

And really, women are perfectly capable to make the first move if we want, the whole idea that its a man's job is kinda archaic these days.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm being cautious about the situation. I'll call to let them know I'm okay, how things are going, etc. They'll have his address and other information. I just do not want to wait any longer than I have to to meet him. I'm ready for the anticipation to end and just be with him.

Comment

Yeah, I gave my mom all his information (cellphone, housephone, address) before I left and I tried calling her everyday while I was in Michigan.

One thing I forgot to mention.. My mom talked to his mom on the phone before I went there. I don't know I guess she wanted to make sure everything was going to fine and hear it from her, lmao... it was kinda funny.

Btw.. when are you going? and good luck with everything!

I'm not telling you it's going to be easy.
        I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

Comment

It could be as early as March if a few things fall into place, but if not then, in April right around my birthday.

Comment

I made the trip first because of circumstances...I just really wanted to see him and so I bought a ticket. He made the next trip after that and initially had planned to come first but that didn't work out. I don't think it matters much it just depends on who has the more flexible schedule or the funds at the time...if the schedule is free and neither of you has funds that's how folks end up going half on tickets...so neither feels "put out"

Comment

I was the first one to visit my SO after 4 - 5 months of online communication. Yes, I flew those 11.500 miles all by myself.

It was the best thing I've ever done.

Comment

Working...
              X