uhm.. ouch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uhm.. ouch?

I had set up a time to call my SO last night.he said he'd be there to get the call. He wasn't he was down the street playing cards. I was so upset. I had made the effort to arrange a time with him and call.. and he jsut blew me off. so i called today and he was so cold to me.. Didn't say sorry jsut said "I tried" like that was a good enough response. When i said " If your going to stay quiet I'll just go" and he said "fine, bye" and hung up. there was no I love you, nothing... I waited a while then called back and asked him what was wrong. he said he's havign a bad morning and was busy so he can't talk but he can tonight. He sounded a little softer this time.. A kind of soft that kinda worries me especially when it a few seconds later he said a quiet strangled sounding sorry. I was just starting to cry so i said okay... and he said bye. I couldn't even get bye out without sobbing so i just hung up.

He's never been so cold to me... It makes me wonder why he wouldn't say anything.. my past experiance set bells off in my head about another girl being there... I plan to call him tonight and tell him I want to have a few days without communication and I'll call him again on wednsday night.

I really don't like this. It feels like i might end up joining the rest of the people breaking up soon...
    If nothing ever changed, There would be no butterflys <3

i wouldnt call him, id wait for him to call you. i know its gonna be hard. maybe he is having a bad day and maybe he just needs to start over tomorrow. good luck, ive got my fingers crossed for you. try not to worry too much.

Comment

I wish i could >.< unfortunetly they don't have long distance at his place so I can only call him seeing as i have free long distance.

Comment

If you're the only one able to call, then maybe you should refrain for a day, let him have time to chill, and call the following day to check on him? Take the time as well to calm yourself down and don't think too hard on what happened. There are a number of reasons he could've acted that way that don't lead to another woman being in the picture.

Comment

I would agree with Lady March Hare. Just give him a little time to cool off and sort through whatever is going on through his head. It'll all work itself out the way it should. Fingers Crossed for you! Let us know what happens!

Comment

ohhh i sooo do not like those feelings and yes i too start feeling that there is smb else...I do not know what to advise you except do not call him first, and wait and see what he says when he calls

Comment

Are you sure a few days of no communication is going to make you happy? It would seem that a talk about how it hurt you, and that if he'd just said he was having a bad day up front, you could have said "Ok, we'll sort this out later" and it woulda been fine - then you would have known upfront it was his mood making him go all wonky. Or maybe an email explaining how you felt so he has a chance to read it and respond?

One fight or tiff does not a break-up make. Communication issues happen - it's how you handle them that matters.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

oy! don't call him! he can call you, believe me, anyone can call you! Shoot, even when me and my SO argue and I don't talk to him for a while, he WILL find a way to call me, even if he has to drive 2 hours to the nearest reception/calling place. Take a couple days to yourself! I am in the middle of not going out of my way to communicate with my SO right this very second. HENCE, I've been on this site religiously all week. lol it is really hard to just NOT call or text him or EMail him, but I have actually become more productive. I reaalllly hope you keep your chin up and stay optimistic!

Comment

I agree with Silviar - if having a day or two without calling him is good for you, will help you calm down and sort things out on your end (and maybe give him a chance to do the same) then go for it. The main thing is - these things don't always solve themselves. At some point you probably will have to talk about what happaned, maybe just to have him explain why he was having a crappy morning. Keep your chin up and don't write your relationship off yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Silviar View Post

One fight or tiff does not a break-up make. Communication issues happen - it's how you handle them that matters.
                    I completely agree with this! Ultimately it's your choice if you want to call him or not. I'm the type of person that can't ignore him. I would try to sort the issue out or call him and tell him that you'll call him when you feel he's calmed down.

Comment

Originally posted by Silviar View Post

I completely agree with this! Ultimately it's your choice if you want to call him or not. I'm the type of person that can't ignore him. I would try to sort the issue out or call him and tell him that you'll call him when you feel he's calmed down.

Comment

If this was the first tiff It wouldn't effect me as much. Lately it seems everythings gone down hill. I might be overreacting a bit. It just makes me nervous know he has cheated before when he was younger. before i even mentioned my suspictions my friend said it popped into his head. Just because his tone was completely different from anything he's used with me before.

I think a few days without talking might help. I won't enjoy it, but It'll give us both some space to think. however I don't want to be mad at him for not being there when i call and then turn around and not call when i say i will. so i think I'll give him a short call in explination. I want to talk things out but i know he's the type who avoids it, so talking about it up front might make his additude worse. generally he's a really gentle calm guy who doesn't get his fur ruffled over much.

I think a few days of less communication now and then in a relationship is good. give both parties a chance to breath and miss the other person.

I'll post an update when i talk to him in a few hours! thanks you all for your support!! I really do apprciate it!

Comment

update- just as icy.. no explination.. no I love yous... nothing.. now I'm crying which i hate.... I'm mad and hurt and I was just want to demand to know what his problem is, at the same time i want to ignore him..

edit: called him back and told him if he wants to talk to me HE can find a way to call me back on my cell.. thank you all again. It shouldn't just be me working for it

Comment

Working...
                          X