ChatRoom-Cheat or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rugger View Post
    My rule of thumb is that If the activity is something you wouldn't do with your SO standing behind you, It's probably cheating
    This ^

It's fine to talk to random people if it's just talking. But, I'd spend a lot more time in chat rooms if there were more where people just talked rather than trying to find some cyber action. If you're just talking, the kind of talk where if he read the log it wouldn't matter, then no, you're probably safe.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I dont think that's cheating.

Always ask yourself this question and you will never go wrong..

"Would I still do this if I knew my SO could see?" If there is any hesitiation, then don't do it. That rule will never steer you wrong!
      Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

Originally posted by Butterfly View Post
        I dont think that's cheating.

Always ask yourself this question and you will never go wrong..

"Would I still do this if I knew my SO could see?" If there is any hesitiation, then don't do it. That rule will never steer you wrong!
        Yup Yup Yup.

OR...

How would I feel if this was my SO doing this?
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Wow... thanks all for the replies....

I ask this because i would feel a little bit jealous of he does the same..

I feel bad because i chat thats all.... he work so hard, and if he had spare time he will do anything else than sitting in front of computer! because he work with computer all the time i think he kind of avoid that after working!

I feel bad because whenever i ask him on his days off or weekend he will be doing something like doing his laundry, finishing reading his book, or cooking... he never really at computer unless its me or his parents. Thats what i know.. because sometimes i did random phone calls on his weekend/days off.

I will chat with my online friends if he's around, because i had nothing to hide as its only things hat made you laugh if you see my screen.... just joking sometimes, and its nothing like sexually!

He seemed not the type of person who like being jealous... well.. we did once had something about that.. haha.. when he try to made joke about one of my friend.. its just a bad joke and he said sorry (my friend is sick and i just tell him about that..). He's not a jealous type.. really (which is making me feel more bad about it!!)

Its also comes to my mind.. as i know some of you here met online... i just afraid what if he thought one of my online friends is actually my "bf".. hahah! i think its true about setting boundaries what we could do and don't....

Once again.. i just dont want to hurt him.. in anyway thats how much i care about him!

Comment

Well just because you're more of a computer person than he is doesn't make it a bad thing. He has his way of spending his free time, and you have yours. You're not flirting, just having fun, so really I see no reason for him to be jealous or hurt if he trusts you, which I'm sure he does.

Comment

It depends on why you feel like it's cheating. I think just chatting is one thing, but heavy flirting is not. If you're out in the jungle, I think chatting with people is ok-- we're social creature, we need some communication after all.

Comment

I don't think it's cheating at all. But of course it depends what you're talking about.. a good rule of thumb is that whatever u do, that would upset you if ur SO did the same thing, you shouldn't do.. that's my ground rule at least

Comment

Working...
                X