No announcement yet.

We are even closer to the end...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back off and give her space. Honestly you have NO other choice.
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by tissa View Post
      This is not true. It may be over but being a girl too, I can see how I would just want some space to breathe! You may not realize it but by texting her all the time, calling and nagging to get on skype every evening, you do not let her live and meet with friends! Her friends most likely make fun of her and say something like "if your boyfriend doesn't mind, wanna go eat with us tonight? or watch a movie?" and that is if her friends are nice, if they are not they may be saying something like "You should find another boyfriend, who is not as controlling" and you may not even realize that this is what you do and that she already has pressure with homework and school and starting a semester and being away from home (I assume) and away from you, to also have to deal with you wanting attention all the time.
      I too am the kind of a person who likes a lot of attention and when I first moved to school my BF was acting JUST like you if not worse and it was HARD! I could not concentrate on school at all! I could feel every time when he was not in a good mood (because of me or not because of me), when he needed me more, when he thought I was out with someone, when he was acting like a jerk thinking that I will break up with him so he should a the one to do it first...all kinds of things. It was HARD! I could not study and I barely made it through the semester. If that is what you do to ehr and you probably do not even realize it, then i understand what she is tyring to tell you: give her some space to breathe and when you call and talk to her, be light, supportive, attentive, do not stress out about things, coz it is already stressful enough for both of you, talk about nice things, talk about when you gonna see each other and what you gonna do when you see each other, talk abt friends, classmates, movies you watched...and not about how hard it is to be aprat and how you want more of her attention.

But before all that, NOW give her a few days. Text her after 3 days and say you miss her. But for now leave her alone and let her know that you will not bother her and that you love her.
      I completely agree. Space is a good thing because it helps both you and her to figure out what it is that is changing your relationship negatively and to remember why its worth it and figure out if it is something that you want. From your posts it seems that you are a bit demanding of time and attention in the relationship...maybe she is just not feeling that you are supportive of her efforts to attend school. I know that I have a lot of free time because I'm not working and only have night classes and so I want to talk to my SO all the time without recognizing that he may be busy. Give her space for three days Text her that you miss her and if she doesn't answer you give her more space. Write down how you are feeling, things you want to tell her, and just wait. Right now its clear that she wants space and that you want to fight for the relationship...but it takes two to make this thing work so you just have to wait to see if she is willing. Good Luck

Comment

I'm so so sorry to hear this Cucaratcha, I know how much you care about her This sucks!
        I have to say that I agree with Micah on this one. You MAKE time for someone if you really cares. My SO works two jobs (one full time and one part time) and I'm doing my masters and also working two part-time jobs. We text throughout the day all day and we talk at least once a day on the phone, oftentimes more than once. I'm just trying to illustrate, that this is what u do when you care about someone and want to be with someone and make it work.
        I also have to agree with Lucybelle and Garnet. I do think that this is over. I don't want to be a downer, but it sounds like she's letting you down easy to me. Things are of course not black and white and something could happen to change her mind. But as for right now, I think she's going to break up with you. I also think that you shouldn't contact her in a while. That's definitely your best option here, because that will at least increase the possibility of her changing her mind.
        But, from a woman's point of view, I'd say that this is letting you down easy.. and I'm so sorry about that.

Tissa, with all due respect, I don't think you can really compare your bf to Cucaratcha. I don't think that Cucaratcha is acting the way your bf did towards you. I know there's definitely a need here to give his SO some space, but he's not being controlling towards her, and I think there's a difference there. I agree with Tissa on the space thing though. Give her a few days at least.. and I'm sure she'll give you a call before those 3 days are over.

I really am sorry Cucaratcha, use this forum as much as you want when it gets hard and vent as much as you need. We're all here for you

Comment

Some news...
          Yesterday I contacted her around 6pm to ask her "how are you"
          She told me she was in the hospital for a stomach problem she had a few weeks ago and that the pain has come again...
          We spoke through txt messages.
          We didnt speak about us, just I was taking news about her problem.
          She said "Thank you for paying attention" and "I love you".
          I won't say it's a good sign, as it's not much, but I won't do the "no contact thing". I will just do it less during a time, but I will still take news.
          When I read some answers, I feel like you didnt exactly understand the situation. I think she is confused and stressed, but I'm kind of sure she still loves me. And I think the best way is to show her my support and do what she needs...

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's what my heart told me to do...
          Last edited by Cucaratcha; February 5, 2011, 04:22 AM.

Comment

@ Cucaratcha: I think you're doing the right thing by following your heart right now. The way I see it is if you do something (or NOT do something) regardless of what your heart is telling you and things don't go well, you'll have regrets. "Pain beats regret any day of the week and twice on Sunday".

My SO and I went through a really rough patch a couple of months ago and I tried the no contact rule...it backfired! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Having said that, however, there IS a difference between backing off a bit and cutting off all communication (even for just 3 days). I do feel you're doing the right thing by backing off a bit.

Her recurring illness could be due, at least in part, to stress. Stress's impact on a person's physical health can be severely underestimated. I have to agree with some of the previous comments from others that it could be that your eagerness to talk so much about the relationship with her was just adding more stress, which is the last thing she needs right now, and can, in fact, be detrimental to the relationship. Trust me, shifting your attention more towards her needs right now could go a long way towards helping the situation.

My advice, then, is to keep your and her needs on an even keel. From what I gather, she MAY feel like she's having to cater to more of your needs than she can feasibly handle. Continue to give her the support she needs right now. Going forward, I would suggest that whenever you feel the need to talk about something that's bugging you in the relationship, just let her know that you need her input on something and ask that she let you know when it's a good time to talk. You may keep catching her at bad times, and instead of seeing it as an opportunity to strenghthen the bond between you, she may be seeing it as an attack on her, which automatically puts her on the defense.

I hope this helps, I hope she gets better soon, and I wish you both the very best!

Comment

Just finished calling her
              Everything seems to be back to normality.
              She was really sweet and I liked the way we spoke.
              I think she was stressed and I was being too demanding with her.
              I will continue in that frequence of communication as it seems to be the good one.
              I'm not saying "victory" yet, but it looks like I'm in the way to say it...
              She finished by "te amo mucho"
              That's all I wanted to hear

Thanks for you help, although my heart has been my best partner in this "battle"

Comment

I'm so happy things are working out great for you two

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Working...
                X