No announcement yet.

New Thread...WHO are YOU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im 25 my fiance 27. I live in Malaysia and he lives in the US. We closed the distance on Jan, 26 2011. Now we're living together and is planning for getting marriage soon. Im in this forum coz i dont have any friends that are in LDR, so i like to read others story and find inspirations from others. I find this is a very good website and it helps me a lot through my LDR.:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mizpah View Post
      My thoughts exactly! Of all decisions I've made, who would have thought joining Facebook would have been the most influential? lol.
      Good luck on your April trip, and congrats on becoming an aunt! Aaron and I just became an uncle and aunt last week. His brother's girlfriend is a nightmare, but the baby? Oh so freakin' cute
      Tell me about it. He's the only random person I've accepted a friend request from. I'm so glad I did though. Thank you! I'm hoping the trip goes as smoothly as possible. I think I'm as nervous about flying as I am about meeting him.
      Awwwwww! Congratulations to you both! Having a niece/nephew is AMAZING! Don't blink! They grow so incredibly fast. My niece is just over 7 months old and I'm already stunned about how much she's grown. Treasure every second of it! I hope the girlfriend isn't too much trouble. >_<

And I must say, there are A LOT of April birthday's! I love it. My favorite month and time of the year!

Comment

hi, i'm Vicki.
        i'm 19 i'm currently in college i live in Arkansas
        my SO is 18 he lives in Florida
        i get to meet him for the first time this summer
        super excited...and nervous

Comment

I'm 19, I met my SO last year at the University of Toledo where we attend.
          We have dating now for almost 3 months, and he is my other half
          We've already fallen in love with each other and have a great relationship!
          I'm still attending UT while Ben, my SO, is attending local classes in his hometown a few hours away

Comment

Garnet....are you feeling better??

HI...i am Holli
            I am 32 years old.
            I have 2 boys, 11 and 9..from an almost 10 year marriage.
            I have an amazing boyfriend.
            I live in Utah, he lives in Kentucky..go UK!
            I found LFAD doing a google search for an LDR quote, cause I LOVE quotes.
            We met on a dating site, and started out as friends. I have known him for 2 years.
            We have been a couple for almost 15 months.
            I love him with all my heart, he is my soul mate
            We have NOT met yet in person...but its coming soon...Friday, we buy the ticket!! (you dont get to know when, until the ticket is bought)
            I really, really, really, can't wait to meet him, but then I also get really scared.
            My fav things to do are to read, play with my boys, watch reality TV, and photography.
            I will graduate in March, and proud of myself

Comment

Hello everyone!

Im a 21 years old girl from Switzerland who met her SO on the other side of the world in Western Australia back in Nov.2009.
              I was there to study english and actually to travel around the country aswell. But that never happend because I met that wonderful Kiwiboy and ended up staying for 7 months in the same city studying english :-)
              I work on a temporary position in Roche but will be finish in the end of march and we are hoping to close the distance in the end of april/early may.
              Im friendly, helpful, worry tooo much and experiencing the strongest and the most amazing feelings I ever had for someone. I love him so much and he means the world to me ♥

Comment

I'm 21 and from Denmark.
                I'm a first year student at university, where I study Japanese language, culture and history.
                I'm engaged to a guy from Japan.
                This is my first relationship, which is closing in on having lasted one year. We hope to close the distance when I graduate.
                I found LFAD when I searched for a community for people in the same situation as me. Since none of my friends really understood.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandie View Post
                  I'm 19, I met my SO last year at the University of Toledo where we attend.
                  We have dating now for almost 3 months, and he is my other half
                  We've already fallen in love with each other and have a great relationship!
                  I'm still attending UT while Ben, my SO, is attending local classes in his hometown a few hours away...but

by the start of the new year of 2012 we will be back in each other's arms everyday <3
                  wow I met my SO when I was on exchange at UT last year! small world!

I'm Nicole, I'm 21 years old studying Biological Sciences in Manchester, England. I met my SO at a halloween party when I was studying at The University of Toledo last year. He already graduated 2 years ago, and I came back home to finish my degree, hence the long distance. Hoping to close the distance early 2012, depending on how fast our K1 goes through!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                  <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                  The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                  <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                  <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                  Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                  Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey
                    I'm 28 and have 2 kids, a son who's 8 and a 4 yr old daughter from a 10 and a half year relationship and i've just started divorce preceedings.
                    I met my SO on a game on Facebook nearly 3 years ago which was pretty complicated to say the least but we officially became a couple in October last year. we haven't met in person.....YET but...
                    True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words.
                    I found this place via a google search, looking for support and ideas as i love this man and i will do whatever i can to make it work.
                    I laugh at some really stupid things, like when my SO makes a POP sound whilst on the phone and the word Assassin always makes me giggle *giggles*
                    xXx
                    As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Hi all, i am 29 years old.. soon will be 30 (next month). I live in Sumatra island in Indonesia-one of country in SE Asia, you might only heard of one the famous island BALI (Eat Pray and Love--yepp that one). I am a field secretary for an oil and gas processing--means i live 2 hours from civilization. I was studying Communication Science for 4 years degree... i work in oil and gas for over 5 years now. I never been married, but you could call me a veteran in LDR!

My SO from Germany, well he was born Russia, but past two years he live in Germany. He is a scientist, a very geeky guy.. very shy and smart of course. He never been married too... and he had less ex gf as he was too busy in lab or in front of his computer.

I met my SO while i went on my vacation in Macau when i visit Macau Tower for bungee jumping. Its just funny to remember how we met. And how i think he was a stalker. So far he prove he was nothing but a very sweet, loving guy who treat me like a princess. I plan to visit him in May this year. He is very supportive BF that everytime i felt down and scare of the process for the visa he always encourage me.

I hope we will meet this May no matter what!

I was in LDR before when i found this website from google. I feel glad to found it since sometimes i thought i am about to get crazy and sometimes i dont know if i was being normal because i miss my SO or i was over reacting!!

To see people in here face same problem as i do.. it made me feel stronger as.. well.. if you guys could do this.. i could do this too.. right?

Love you all!

Comment

I'm Leanne, 21, from Yorkshire in England.
                        My SO is 23, from Johannesburg in South Africa.
                        We have been together for nearly 5 years and we are very much in love and happy.
                        We live together in England but he visits his family during the off season of his motorbike sport.
                        This is the last time we are going to be apart for such a long period of time, the next time we are both going back to South Africa together for 6 weeks next year.
                        I study at Sheffield Hallam Uni, and he is a professional motorbike racer.

Oh and I love him :-)

Comment

I'm 20, I'm from Singapore and I'm a preschool teacher.
                          He's 21, he's from the US and is studying full time and working part time.
                          There are 8182 miles between us.
                          We met online December 2009 and in real life a year later.
                          This is both our first times in a LDR.
                          I found LFAD through Michelle's story on Experience Project when I was really struggling with the distance after I came back from spending three weeks in the US with him. Reading about other people in similar situations has made me more confident about our relationship. (:

Comment

Originally posted by sunflower12110 View Post
                            Tell me about it. He's the only random person I've accepted a friend request from. I'm so glad I did though. Thank you! I'm hoping the trip goes as smoothly as possible. I think I'm as nervous about flying as I am about meeting him.
                            Awwwwww! Congratulations to you both! Having a niece/nephew is AMAZING! Don't blink! They grow so incredibly fast. My niece is just over 7 months old and I'm already stunned about how much she's grown. Treasure every second of it! I hope the girlfriend isn't too much trouble. >_<

And I must say, there are A LOT of April birthday's! I love it. My favorite month and time of the year!
                            The app I met Aaron on was more like Hot-or-Not and a dating service combined, which embarrassed me since that was not what I expected when I added it after seeing it on some friends' pages. I ignored it for the most part, and never expected that my future husband would be one of the guys who clicked on me...Something about him drew me in, but I was sure he was a player. He persisted, and the rest is history He told me once that he he never expected a click of the mouse to change his life. Neither did I.

Oh, they do! I haven't met the baby in person yet since his family and the gf are in NC. She is untreated bipolar, alcoholic, redneck, a high school drop out, and a negligent mom to her first kid (I saved that kid's life at least once every visit). None of those singly would be so bad, but together...It's the perfect storm. When she met my brother-in-law D, she was nineteen had a newborn and claimed to be divorced. They got pregnant twice within nine months, she set her sites on my husband for a period, and became a colossal jealous wreck, had multiple blow-ups, manipulated my teenage sister-in-law into being her ally, and tried to ruin our wedding plans so we canceled and eloped. She's been ignoring me since July when she had a major blow-up thinking she would finally get everyone to like her and against me. It failed. Despite all that, we're now civil via Facebook, because I added her after the baby was born hoping to get her on civil terms to make my husband and his brother's life easier. I thought it was all over, but I just found out that she lied about being divorced and is still married. Her husband is a Marine who just got back from Afghanistan...Yeah. She's pretty bad. BUT, I am determined to be an aunt even if she is petty enough to try to use that against me when she has her next set of lows...

I know! I am so excited about all the April birthdays. I don't usually see that many in one place. I feel like a thread-jacker, so I'll shut up now, but I'll add you

Comment

I'm 29 and live in Iowa with my two daughters who are 4 & 6. I was a student for many years, but I recently completed my Masters in HR. So, now I am trying to move onto the next chapter of my life, which is starting a career. The economy is kind of putting a damper on things, but I do enjoy being around all the time for my daughters.

My boyfriend is 32 and lives in Wyoming.

There are 670 miles separating us. We see one another at least once a month.

We have known one another since high school when I was 14 and he was 18, but due to our age difference we never pursued a relationship. We reconnected in May via facebook. We hope to close the distance this summer after school's out, as I don't want to move my kids in the middle of the school year. I am so excited!

I found this website when I was searching for long distance relationship forums. I have found it really helpful in reassuring me that my feelings are not alone! It's been a great resource with great people.

Comment

I'm Jill, 27, from Cali. Self employed and looking to get back into school.
                                He's Paul, 27, in England working with computers.

We met through secondlife back in August of 09 and became a couple that October. Unfortunately we only met each other once and right now planning trip number two and three to get more time together so we can figure out the next step.

Found the site by searching for LDR support.

Comment

Working...
                                X