No flowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No flowers

I'm living the NOW, and I'm with my SO till Sunday 13th! Yesterday when I arrived at the airport I was looking for him and I was wondering "Will he give me some flowers?"
    I love flowers, I think it's a very romantic gesture.
    But in the past, it happened that boys gave me flowers at the airport, but the meeting didn't work, I was not so excited to see them.
    Yesterday my SO didn't have flowers for me, but he was there waiting for my plane and when I saw him I ran in his arms. I felt so tender and happy and full of love!
    So, who cares about flowers if there is love?!?
    What do you think? Do you like receiving flowers, or do you think it's just a standardized habit?

Well, I like flowers but I don't expect to get flowers from my fiance. It will be an extra bonus if I get flowers from him, but like you mentioned that if there's love then I don't care about flowers. hehe
    I really hope you two have fun together! So happy to hear couples who are in LDR can spend time together. Wish the best for both of you!

Comment

if im given or not flowers it doesnt matter, as u said, as long as there is love. but it is one of many ways to show care for u .
      like u, im just gonna run n jump in his arms as soon as i see him coming out from the airplane!

Comment

@Mirna: do you really have to wait only 4 days to meet your SO for the 1st time? Wow, I'm excited for you and I can already imagine you jumping in his arms!

Comment

I love flowers, and my SO is very cognizant of that. He's a sweetie - every time we're together he's given me flowers at some point, but not at the airport. The airport is for smooching.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I don't care for getting flowers at all. They only wither and die.

Comment

If my SO surprised me with flowers, the shock would probably kill me Sure, I love flowers, but he's just not the romantic type who would ever think to do something like that. Not really a problem though, he's got ways of his own that shows me how he feels, and that's what's important to me. Still, I do miss flowers...
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I prefer flowers when they are not expected- like when my SO came back with flowers randomly from the market. It showed he was thinking of me going about his normal business actually it was just one flower but it was sweet and unexpected, and it was my favourite flower too- he's the first boyfriend to have taken the hint when I told them my favourite flower!!

Comment

My boyfriend is big on flowers.
                  When we first started dating and I still lived in his city, he gave me flowers (or some other small present) on every date we had.
                  He still always gives me a rose at the airport or train station when I come there.
                  I really like gesture and he looks so adorable when he's waiting there with the flower, but I wouldn't actually mind if he didn't do it either. It's not like flowers are a measure for love.

To the favourite flower: I've told him before that I like gerberas even more than roses, but aparently in Poland they're considered funeral flowers so he won't buy them for me. He's given me tulips before, though.
                  Last edited by Dziubka; February 10, 2011, 04:54 PM.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

double post!

Comment

I love flowers and I love when people get them for me. Heck I buy them for myself!

I have one special flower story. When I was in Costa Rica with my SO he had to go out and pay for something, so I waited in the hostel room til he got back. Well when he got back he had picked me some flowers from some trees and wrapped it all up so it looked like a bouquet. It was in that exact moment that I knew he was different than anyone who I had had before.

Comment

Brandon always wanted to have flowers when he saw me for the first time after being apart, but I think they would just get in the way of me hugging the brains out of him so I don't mind if he doesn't XD The fact that he thought about it is enough for me.

Comment

I tend to feel bad when I recieve flowers, tiny little lives just ended for my viewing pleasure (I dont really have a sense of smell)... and someone just gave me something that's dying... but there's also something lovely about the gesture, so either way is fine with me. It never occured to Obi to bring me flowers when we first met, and I wasn't disapointed by that, though surprisingly several of his friends commented on it and thought he was slack
                          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

My SO sent me flowers randomly after I first got back to England- a big bouquet... But I prefer the ones he used to get me when we were CD, when he'd get up early saying he was going to the gym, but really go buy me a rose and put it in a pint glass to surprise me when I got up after he'd gone to work. He didn't have a vase back then... he does now but I hope he still uses the pint glass... I think it's cute

I never expect him to buy me flowers though, it's just so nice at random intervals to find a rose and a note waiting for me

Edit: and I don't expect flowers at the airport, I've told him I expect this next time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3NPNM4xgo

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've really only received flowers from my SO once, and that was last Valentine's Day. He gave me three red roses, my favorite flower. He once said that he meant to get me a corsage for Easter Sunday, but he forgot since we were so busy with classes. I love to get flowers, but I don't mind that he doesn't give them to me often, since I know they're so expensive.

I certainly wouldn't mind receiving a flower-gram this year...
                              My heart belongs to a pilot!
                              ~*~
                              ~*~
                              [/center]

Comment

Working...
                              X