No announcement yet.

Should i pay for his flight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure, why not? It also means you can spend a lot longer time together, since he'll have a large chunk of vacation. It's no different than if a guy paid for a ticket to see his girl. Plus then he can just get you a ticket someday if he feels strongly about it.

Look, it's your money, and you should buy what you want from it. If you want to buy a longer period of time to see your man, then go for it.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I am in agreeance with everyone else. If you want to see him and thats the only way (and its not going to put you in a financial bind) I suggest you do it . I make more money than my SO and even though he tries to save up money to see me I know its hard so we figure out some kind of arrangement to make it better. Good luck with your choice!
      " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
      Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

i agree, if you are both comfortable with it, then why not. I am a full-time student, but I still am the one who has to travel to see my SO. He doesn't get paid a lot of money to afford the VISA process and whatnot. But, I am unemployed, and I utilize my university and find travel grants for conferences/research to get FREE money to go on trips. Maybe he could look into that. And, our deal, I visit my SO, he doesn't let me pay for much of anything while I am there in Mex. within reason of course!!! money spending should be equal, that is my opinion, i never like feeling i contribute more or owe anyone anything. thats just my personal preference.

Comment

Originally posted by OliveOyl View Post
          money spending should be equal, that is my opinion, i never like feeling i contribute more or owe anyone anything. thats just my personal preference.
          I couldn't agree with you more.

I'm not telling you it's going to be easy.
          I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

Comment

I don't think there's a problem with it! My SO bought me a plane ticket once, for the exact same reasons. He's working full time, I'm a student, and it was money he was thinking about spending on a visit anyways but it worked a lot better for me to go there than for him to come here. As long as it makes you happy, and you've got the money to spare, then why not?

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
            -- Anonymous

Comment

I'd pay for it

As many other people said, I'd pay for his flight because spending time together feeds your relationship and for me it's the best way to spend money.
              But pay attention that he doesn't perceive this generous gesture in a bad way. It happened to me in the past that when I tried to pay something to my BF, he felt inferior, poor and in debt with me. My recommendation is to mask this ticket purchase as a gift (birthday, anniversary, whatever). Then you can always add other gifts if you want, but at least this should avoid him to feel bad about you paying for his flight!

Comment

Would he be able to afford it if you offered to pay half? That would be fair as you are then both paying. If not, I know personally if I had the money I would pay for my SO's ticket.

Comment

I don't see the problem in you paying for his flight. After all, it's not just for him, it's for you also. He's not the only one getting something out of it, it's your chance to see him as well. As long as it's something you really want to do and he's also alright with it, why not do it? It you have the means to be able to do it, I think it's a good idea.

Comment

I have to say that I totally agree. I don't think it matters really who pays for it. As long as you both are agreeing in it. I paid for the trips with my previous LDR relationship and I don't regret it one bit...even though things didn't work out between me and him. Live for the now, don't always wait for tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                      it's just money. You can make more of it, and you can't take it with you when you die. If you're both comfortable with you paying for the flight that's what matters.
                      ^^^ This. But honestly, if you are having doubts, definitely talk to him about the situation. Someone stated that you paying for it can make your guy feel inferior or in debt to you. As much as you may think this is ridiculous because it came from your heart, it still stands true. See what he thinks about you putting forth this kind of money and also, reach a mutually agreement on what can be done with the money afterwards (if he feels in debt to you).
                      My SO and I both don't work and go to school full time. However, I receive government benefits each month that I continuously save up what I don't use. He may not have the money at the time, but do to ticket prices possibly rising, we try to get our tickets ASAP. If that means that I have to put forth the money first hand, then I do so. My SO usually pays me back half OR we make an agreement for him to pay for the next trip.

It is all about balance. Mutual agreement. Other people in your life stating that it is "stupid" usually don't know the first thing about being in a committed long distance relationship and some sacrifices one has to make to be in one. At least, that has been my experience. Foo on them. Do what you think is best.

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

Comment

If I would have the money I wouldn't have a problem with paying for my SO's flight.

Comment

Can pay for him but use others way to make him feel comfortable, sometime you too need to sensitive his feeling =)
                          Remember, don't make him used to it ya!
                          12.15.2009 - Meet through online games, he is my Hero
                          02.14.2010 - Dating
                          04.28.2010 - His first proposed
                          12.22.2010 - First meet@London (My first white Christmas)
                          [Long.distance: Skype, Whatsapp, Messenger, eCard, eGifts]
                          12.29.2011 - He visit my parents@Kuala Lumpur
                          01.05.2012 - His second proposed heart.gif
                          02.20.2013 - B2 Rejected
                          06.19.2013 - K1 visa application documents mailed to John
                          12.20,2013 - Packet 3 received
                          05.20.2014 - Checklist and DS-230 sent
                          06.25.2014 - Packet 4 (Appointment letter) received
                          07.02.2014 - Medical Exam
                          07.11.2014 - Medical Exam result received
                          07.15.2014 - Final Interview
                          07.18.2014 - K1 visa secured.

Comment

If you and your SO dont have a problem with you paying for the ticket then thats all that matters,
                            If i could i'd pay for my SO's ticket... and i havent even met him yet. Id rather spend the money have the memories then keep it and have the what ifs.
                            As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

well if i could afford paying for his flight i would definitive pay for it, n if both feel comfortable w it, mind as well n just do it. but be conscious that u do can regret it in a future if ur relation doesn't work, but that would be in the worst of the cases. 'always hope for the best n plan for the worst' good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X