who calls who first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't really bug me that much.
    I usually text him first, which I'm just used to. That's how it is with us.
    With webcamming, he usually calls me before I can move my mouse over to the call button. He's uber fast. However, sometimes he'll tell me to call him simply because he likes that I call him.
    With phoning, it's usually whoever has the phone card at the time. We most of the time like to save our minutes for an emergencyish case. We do most of our talking via computer/his phone.
    Last edited by princessmia; February 28, 2011, 06:02 PM.

Comment

I have actually just gone through this situation myself. I was uuber obessive when he wouldnt text or call me back right away, even when I knew he wasnt busy. Here is the thing tho. If you are constantly worrying or obsessing over the other person 1) you will always think the worst which will end up turning into reality if you think it too much 2) You cant worry about the little things, or things you cannot control, to do this repeatedly leaves you a shell of a person. Who wants to be with someone who is always worrying about stuff. 3) When you are feeling down and depressed or over thinking a situation try and do something else to occupy your mind. I did that and my house hasnt been cleaner! Lol. I have learned that even tho we dont communicate constantly that I am still loved, and just because we dont talk all the time throughout the day doesnt mean he loves me any less, in fact the less I text and call him, the more he instigates conversation. Let her come to you... stay quiet for a couple of days and see how she responds. Try and just be you as an individual person. Shows maturity in that you have trust in yourself and your relationship. Its hard but sooo worth it. Good luck.

Comment

We both call each other

Comment

We talk on the phone about once or twice a month, and usually I initiate the calls. He almost always initiates IM convos or text convos. He's called me a few times, like on Valentine's Day at midnight, which was ADORABLE! Although, I do worry about calling at a bad time, so I usually put off the conversation and get afraid to push the button, in case it's a bad time lol.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

For us, I do most of the calling. My SO is 6 hours ahead of me, and I'm a fairly busy girl so it would be really hard for us to just call. We very rarely talk on the phone, but we talk on skype. I call then as well, even though we have a schedule, because my computer is slow, and I'm not always ready to talk. In exchange for me calling, he has to do the hanging up so I think it's a fair trade-off. We e-mail 50/50.
            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
            Made it official: September 17, 2010
            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
            Got married: November 21, 2012
            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I usually call first.

Comment

If I have something in particular I want to say, and I think he'll be free, I'll go ahead and call. He tends to call me/set up times to call more than I do right now, but originally, it was me. Generally, I feel happy if I feel he cares and is making an effort, which he certainly does.
                My heart belongs to a pilot!
                ~*~
                ~*~
                [/center]

Comment

He usually calls more but I text more, so it balances out. I have kind of a weird thing about calling people because I don't want to bother them so it is easier for me to just wait for him to call me when he's available to talk.

And as far as the whole wanting to break up for the good of the other person...we did that 14 years ago. Clearly we failed miserably since we're back together

Comment

Working...
                  X