No announcement yet.

new interests your SO got you into

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got him into Supernatural, he got me into Doctor Who.

"My arms will be your prison" - My Boyfriend [♥] Our LDR Blog!

Started Talking - October 2012
    Started Dating - 08.11.12
    First Meeting - 08.12.13 - 39 days together
    Second Meeting - 16.12.15 - 31 days together

Rosetta Stone Progress
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    22 / 60

Comment

I got him into Sherlock, he introduced me to Yes, Minister (which just earned me points with my prof) ... I miss him!

Comment

I got him interested in cooking, which has been great because I love to make food and we make a great cooking team.

I also got him interested in religion more... He is not very Muslim by any standard, he loves bacon and rarely go to the mosk even in off season. But he is not an a atheist, he is more angry with God and I think I made him realize. I believe in God, though I have been angry at Him too!

He got me interested in Turkish food more, and different Turk habits. I am going to learn a little language, too. I bought myself some music to learn prononciation, am listening to it as I write this. I made myself a language task where I will translate some recipes from Turkish to Norwegian and then make the dishes. My vokabulary will be very food -oriented...but that may be useful when going grocery shopping!

And he is getting me into his melankolic music, both Western and Turkish, though I also like more upbeat, fast Turkish music.

And yes... I know I inspired him to take school seriously. I am proud of that Since meeting me he has passed most his exams. I challenge him a lot on the personal level, too, with polyamory and by learning him to express his feelings in a new way. Just the fact that he loves me has really overwealmed him I think... While I am a serious sucker for love and have done long term relationships most my adult life, he has done just short term or more unserious stuff. I tend to take the teacher role in our relationship, because there is stuff I think he will benefit from learning, but he does not mind.
        Last edited by differentcountries; February 11, 2014, 05:52 AM.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

A few things though nothing particularly major.

Me to him:
          -Red Dwarf
          -Stargate SG1.
          -Drawing (not anymore, but when we first started dating, I guess because I used to draw, he drew for me a couple of times, was really sweet).
          -Love of bunny rabbits

Him to me:
          -Zoo Tycoon (spent so many hours on that game)
          -Gem Towers (on Starcraft 2)
          -Some heavier rock music
          -Some (mainly just two) roller coasters. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Expedition Everest at Disneyworld.

There's probably tonnes more stuff that I can't even think of because it's probably so habitual now.
          Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
          First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

She got me in to a few new TV Shows, like I needed more! And she got me interested in to food/cooking.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
            Married April 18th, 2015!!
            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

He definitely got me into photography, not because he does it, but because he kind of challenged me to do it "properly" (no auto mode :P). I got him into cooking and he got me into vegetarian food. Oh and he kind of got me into politics again. And I got him into super cheap horror movies.

Comment

He's gotten me into recipes/cooking more. He LOVES to cook which is great because I'm not a fan but it's nice to like to try something new once in awhile. He's also gotten me into football and originally, into working out more.

I got him into HGTV shows, being more focused on school, and being more liberal minded.
                Our love story:
                Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                Reconnected: August 2012
                Began dating LD: November 2012
                Engaged! March 2014
                Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

I thought I had replied to this :O

He got me into Dungeons & Dragons (and his friends say I am really good at it!), Magic The Gathering (playing with his sister and father), 90s music before my time and acapella music!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                  First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                  Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                  Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                  Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                  Married: 1/24/2015
                  Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
                  X