Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really really confused. Am I being too clingy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really really confused. Am I being too clingy?

I have always wanted to avoid at all costs being the clingy, demanding girlfriend. I promised myself that I would be that cool understanding girlfriend, who his friends wouldn't start ragging on him for "Staying home to talk to your imaginary girlfriend yet again??!" And yet, and yet...

I have a massive project due tomorrow at five, and I'm so far behind in it that it required the time tonight I usually have talking to him. Since he's pretty busy during the workweek too, and today is his one day off, I was really pretty broken up about having to cancel. I cried somewhat on the drive back home. At the same time though I felt bad about it, like I was pushing him away and not making enough time for him.

So basically, I'm conflicted between: Am I being too clingy and demanding of his time, or am I really not doing my part in making time for him and keep shoving him around at the demands of my schedule?

As for not doing my part in the relationship, I guess I don't know whether its because I'm adjusting really well to the distance, or because I'm genuinely slowly losing interest.

I never have a problem with trusting anyone else, or believing in anyone else. When it comes to myself all bets are off. -_-

I think, maybe, you're just overthinking things and it's causing you to panic. If you were being clingy you would have said to hell with the project and talked to him instead or even used time to just whine to him about it. I'm sure he understood you had something you had to do, just as he gets things he has to do, all couples get times where dates or hang out schedules get re-scheduled or canceled due to life, even CD ones. School and work are hectic schedules.

As for the problem of distance v. losing interest, I think if you were losing interest you wouldn't have been upset about cutting short/canceling your time together for this project. It's possible to 'settle in' with the idea of being physically apart and deal with it, but if you honestly feel like feelings are fading you could try to revive them by 'adding spice' to the relationship, trying something new together. Just to see if you feel the spark again and to generally have fun. But like I said, it just sounds like you're overthinking and that may be due to stress either from the project or anything else going on right now. Good luck, hon.

Comment

Working...
    X