What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think?

Which is harder waiting long periods of time between visits to see your SO or departing when the visits are over?

I find both are hard to deal with.
    It feels forever to wait, and when I'm with my SO, the time passes by so fast that it's so difficult to leave him when the days are over. Sigh...

Comment

Both.

Comment

Departing when the visit is over. It's hard to go from being with him 24/7 to just talking on the phone and watching him on the webcam but not being able to touch him, kiss him, cuddle with him, and much more if you know what I mean

I'm not telling you it's going to be easy.
        I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

Comment

It's so hard to leave or watch him leave, but it's even harder waiting until the next visit. Days just seem to go by so slowly.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
          - A. A. Milne

Comment

Departing. I've been getting pretty used to the wait, prioritizing things in my head and not letting myself dwell too much except early mornings and late nights. Add being really busy, and waiting has been ok.

Comment

I find it harder waiting, watching him leave doesn't seem to hit me for awhile, then I don't feel sad that he's gone, I feel sad because I know it'll be a long time before I can see him again.

Notes:
              Met: 8.17.09
              Started Dating: 8.20.09
              First Met: 10.2.10
              Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

They're both difficult in their own way. But I would have to say departing is a bit more difficult. It's really hard when you get comfortable having your SO with you all the time, and then it's like *poof* they're gone. So that's always a bit challenging and takes time to adjust to just being by yourself again.

Comment

Waiting.

Comment

They're equally hard for me.

Comment

I was thinking about this the other day. I think departing is worse. It's more of a sharp, heartbreaking pain. I think for my SO it's the opposite though, he doesn't get as upset as I do when we say goodbye, but he gets more upset about not being together when we're apart.

Comment

Departing. When you're apart for a while, you at least have some kind of a routine. The sudden cuts hurt the most.

Comment

Originally posted by toggle View Post
                          I was thinking about this the other day. I think departing is worse. It's more of a sharp, heartbreaking pain. I think for my SO it's the opposite though, he doesn't get as upset as I do when we say goodbye, but he gets more upset about not being together when we're apart.
                          Sounds just like us.

Comment

I think the time in between is harder, at least for me. I'm usually okay for the first week or so after departing, but after that things get really hard for me and it takes all my power not to jump on a bus and go home.

Comment

For me, i think the waiting is harder. It just sucks to have to wait around for him to come here or me to go there. Watching him leaves at least means that he was with me.
                              "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                              Made it official: September 17, 2010
                              Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                              Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                              Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                              Got married: November 21, 2012
                              Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                              Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X