Distance after Visits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vpavelock View Post
    Don't mean to make you worry! As much it sucks to come off such a love high, it is nice to have another time together to think back to when you get sad. I hope your visit goes well!
    It will be really nice(: Thank you!

Comment

I haven't met my SO yet, but i get to see him in July.. We'll make a year in July, and up until now.. It hasn't felt overly difficult , but now that it is close to him visiting I'm getting so impatient. It sucks, and then i think about how much its going to suck once hes gone. ! After that i wont get to see him until December.

Comment

Leaving for me is always a bittersweet feeling. On one hand, I feel great because every visit brings us so much closer. On the other hand, I feel like total crap because I miss him like crazy. It is hard to go back to being away from the person who makes you feel whole.
        I got back 2 days ago from a visit with him that lasted 10 days. I have had a lot of distractions since then, but I got my wisdom teeth out today and all I can think of is how it would be so nice if he was around to cuddle with me and take care of me.

Comment

I usually go a week of feeling like crap with a lot of crying during the night. But every time he leaves again, I feel like I get back into my rountine faster an faster. I'm pretty sure that's a good sign!

BTW: BabyGund: That is the cutest smily face ever!!!

Comment

I am visiting my love sometime in April. He's stationed in Portsmouth, VA and it is so hard dealing with the day to day loneliness that I feel every time visits on leave. I know how you feel, I'm sure a lot of us do. Long distance relationships are very hard to deal with; only the strong and determined can make it work. Keep your head up, and just remember that the next time you see him is going to be so much more amazing.

I have a quote for you to think about

"Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough"

Keep that quote in your heart, and know that no matter how far away he is, your love for him will reach him.

Comment

I totally understand. When my BF comes to visit me, after he leaves, I wait a long time to wash his towel, his pillowcase, and I have been known to occasionally steal one of his T-shirts to sleep in. I like to feel like he's close, and still around, even when I know it will be a long time before we see each other again. It is bitter-sweet. On the one hand, being apart SUCKS. On the other hand, it sucks because you enjoy being together, and that truly is a wonderful experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Summer View Post
                I totally understand. When my BF comes to visit me, after he leaves, I wait a long time to wash his towel, his pillowcase, and I have been known to occasionally steal one of his T-shirts to sleep in. I like to feel like he's close, and still around, even when I know it will be a long time before we see each other again. It is bitter-sweet. On the one hand, being apart SUCKS. On the other hand, it sucks because you enjoy being together, and that truly is a wonderful experience.
                You reminded me of the silly thing I did after my guy left. One of the hotel pillows smelled like him because he'd used it to sleep on the whole 3 nights he was there with me so I pretty much clung to that pillow and dreaded leaving the room to do anything lest housekeeping get it. Luckily the first couple times after the lady forgot to change out the pillows and I got to keep it, smelling his scent, and it really helped me calm down when I'd get hysterical. The day before I left the lady finally gave me new pillows and I almost went insane. That small thing had been my comfort in such a fragile time and even though I knew it wasn't going to stay it got to me. Now I know why we steal our men's shirts to cuddle with when they aren't here. Wish I'd done that.

Comment

Originally posted by Silviar View Post
                  Yes, it's always tough immediately after for me, too. My SO and I almost always tiff after, too, so don't be surprised if you have a small fight. It's the change in distance talking.
                  You know what, I have been so cranky with my guy lately and I think that is it. I just got back to Australia friday and it has been so hard for me to not have a go at him. He and I don't even normally fight, just been so hard getting back and we've barely even spoken. He's sick, his internet hasn't been working properly and for some reason it makes me angry with him. 4 months before I went over we spoke every night for ages, then had a month together and now I'm lucky if we talk an hour.

For me I feel really distant for above reasons and I'm not sure what I'm to expect, this is a new phase in our relationship. I'm scared things are always going to be like this, barely talking to him and I can definitely not handle that. I'm struggling now, life is tough at the moment, I've just started uni and have to sort so much out, I have a rent increase I can't afford but there is no where I can move, I have no money for a fortnight because I wasn't allowed to go overseas on my welfare payment (I had a chronic illness but will be changing to a student payment), supposedly my rent wasn't getting paid (bank error) and I got a letter to vacate only a few hours after travelling 26hrs home and yesterday my grandpa died. I just want my guy right now.
                  Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

We all know that post visit blues. Keep strong and all will get better

Comment

Heh, I thought it was just me.... Ever since Matt's been back home I've been kind of cranky with him... I feel like I want to pick a fight over nothing at all. He was busy getting the house ready for something or other and I was getting mad because he wouldn't maintain a conversation on AIM. I think it's just because if I was there in person I could help him or talk to him while he cleaned (or distract him ) but since we were just on our computers I felt neglected even though of course he wasn't doing it on purpose.

It's tough after I've spent a few days with him, for him to all of a sudden be busy and have a life again. :/

EDIT:
                      also, he sent me one of his undershirts once and I promptly sealed it in a rubbermaid box so it wouldn't lose its smell. Creepy? Maybe. Delicious? Definitely.

Comment

[QUOTE=EmmaLynneJamea;97067]
                        "Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough"

Thank you for sharing that quote. I feel like lately our time together has really shown that what we have what it takes, but at the same time the bond between has become so strong that I do feel like I NEED him.
                        ~"Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them"~

Comment

Those post visit blues are totally for REAL! My SO and I were together 10 days (end of Dec to Jan 9th). It is now March 8th and I can say we are NOW truly back in our LDR routine...talking everyday (without bickering)...smiling, laughing... It was hard to go back to a skypoe and camming.. hard to talk over distance and look at each other on a screen again... it was like a silent scream between us: "NOOOOO, I want to touch you again!!"...

I couldn't believe the amount of bickering we were doing..yes guys, even HE was bickering (but he would never admit it.) I was shocked about the emptiness that followed after the visit, nothing was satisfying, not even playful sex talk.. NOTHING!!! We both were sad... still are, but not so terribly.

The good thing is..it lifts... and you can begin to plan your futures again, whether it be for the next visit or closing the distance.. the post blues really INSPIRE!!! smiles** good luck with yours and hugss!! In a sing song voice: "the post-blues...baby got the blues..... ohhh yeahhhh..."

Comment

I'm glad it's not just me. Our first visit was just last weekend and I am miserable. I feel horrible and just keep crying..no matter where I am. Nothing eases the pain...I can't even talk about it.
                            Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Working...
                            X