No announcement yet.

What was your first visit like? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was pretty nervous for our first visit, for all the usual reasons (Will she like me? What's going to happen when she meets me? etc. etc.). She texted me saying she was in the area (we were in college at the time), and I immediately ran out the door with the teddy bear I got for her and met her right in the center of the school. We played telephone hide-and-seek for a few minutes until she finally found me and we shared a loving embrace. The rest of the weekend was pretty fun...our first date consisted of Chinese food and a movie back in my dorm room. Even though she had to leave at the end of the weekend, it was one of the best weekends at college ever!
    National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

Our first visit was just last month, I decided to fly to Orlando for 8 days since I'm currently unemployed and had the funds for the moment whereas he has a hectic job and is saving for a car. The funny thing is, I was not worried about meeting him at all, I was more petrified about flying for the first time as I'm insanely afraid of heights and that weightless feeling you get while up that high like when you're on a roller coaster. So for the two months before the visit I was a wreck (I think half the forum can testify to this as I moaned about it every day). He had to work the day I flew in so I got to the hotel by myself, napped, ate, yada yada. I don't think the reality of it hit me until he called and told me he was in the hotel and I heard a knock at the door. Suddenly it was like, holy crap he's on the other side of the door what do I do. He laughed at me after I let him in because I was shaking like a leaf and pretty much clammed up, which usually I don't shut up for anything. Unfortunately we only had 2 1/2 days together out of the 8 because his supervisor told him if he took that much more time off he'd be up a creek without a paddle. I ended up going home on Valentine's day, 2 days early, but the trip was so worth it. I just hope the next one is longer.

Also Orlando must be a breeding ground for palm trees. I got so sick of seeing palm trees by the time I left that when I came home and passed a hotel that has them planted out front I screamed.

Comment

well we met before we were together. He came and visited after Christmas when we started talking and becoming closer. He drove 6 hours out of his way to come see me for 2 and a half days.

I met him at the gas station and led him to the hotel. We cuddled that night then the next day I had to go help my family with something so he inadvertenly met my family (who in fact LOVED him). He was recruited to help m Grandpa and my Grandma said he could stay here for the night instead of the hotel. It was fairly innocent (not like our visits now :P) and definitely didnt last long enough .
        " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
        Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

We had met the last time I went to England on holiday, but we didn't become official until after I got home. The first visit after we got together, I was very excited. He was the only thing I could talk about on the plane, and I probably annoyed everyone around me. He picked me up at the airport, and he waved to me (thank goodness because have a hard time seeing without my glasses). I did the little jump run thing and ran to him. He gave me the biggest hug and kissed me. It was great.
          "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
          Made it official: September 17, 2010
          Got engaged: January 15, 2012
          Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
          Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
          Got married: November 21, 2012
          Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
          Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

The first time we met is too long of a story, so I'll just go to the visit from last summer when we got back together. He was nervous because he hadn't been on a plane in years, and he had a layover in between so he was going to be traveling for most of the day. My best friend was flying up to TN the same day he was arriving so I took her to the airport because her departure time and his arrival time were close enough to make it work out for the best. Orlando International Airport isn't the biggest but it can be confusing, so I was waiting for him at one section and he got off and headed towards baggage claim in another section. He was trying to be funny and tell me that he missed the connecting flight so by the time I made it over to baggae claim to try and find him, I wanted to throttle him. He started walking towards me and tried to sneak around to surprise me but I saw him and started yelling at him for being mean! I had been super nervous and freaking out so that actually helped me be less nervous. We just hugged for a super long time there at the aiport. It got more interesting after we got back to my house and decided to give it another go

Comment

Mine was a little crazy actually.. I live in London, my SO lives in Texas.. So we both flew to New York & met for the first time there.. I was tired & waiting at the hotel for him.. I texted him saying i may fall asleep but let him know the room number.. Next thing i heard this male voice & hand on my arm shaking me to wake me up from my nap.. It was my SO.. I had no time to be nervous lol.. The first thing he said he noticed was how beautiful my eyes were when he woke me .. Was cute!
              ♥ Sarah Louiise ♥

Comment

My SO and I had met before and been attracted to each other but I first time meeting after we started dating but weren't official was after a fight where things were almost going to end. I told him I wasn't giving up that easily I bought my ticket and said find me a hotel lol. I was nervous because I wasn't sure if he was interested or if it would be awkward or the same in person...I flew the whole way alone and dressed cute but comfortably which resulted in a bunch of unwanted male attention seeing as I was traveling alone...I made it through the airport ( I landed in NY but he lives in CT) took the bus to Grand Central and took the train to his city. I was sooooo exhausted because I'd been traveling since 5am my time and it was midnight his time. I text him as much as I could on the train and got more and more nervous the closer I got to him. I finally made it there and he wasn't there to pick me up! I called and he said he would be there that he had stopped to get food because I hadn't eaten all day and he would be there shortly. I propped my suitcase and used my purse as a pillow and prepared to take a nap (I was that exhausted) right when I got comfy my SO walks up and is like hi. He reaches down to hug me before I can sit up so its a bit awkward and on top of that I was nervous. I stood up to give him a proper hug and realized that he was shorter than I remembered but much stockier lol. He grabbed my bags and we walked to the car. I expected to see his twin brother but it was friend instead...he slaughtered my name and we talked a bit about my trip and that helped me to relax. We got to his grandma's I relaxed a bit he showed me where I'd be sleeping and gave me my food and he sat and stared at me. I was still really nervous so I was blushing something horrible. We went to lay on his bed and talk some more by then I was almost delirious but I rambled on about my trip and he half listened and said that he really wanted to kiss me and couldn't believe I was there. My story ended about there when he kissed me and suddenly I wasn't so sleepy anymore. It was perfect and magical and all that I had been waiting for and I think then I was sure that he was interested and that I had nothing to be nervous about.

Comment

Better than anything I had imagined, I was so utterly nervous to see him I was literally shaking, but once I got into his arms everything changed, I finally felt like I was home. I just remember thinking that I never wanted to let go, I never wanted him to go back home. But it was wonderful, nothing could ever beat that big ball of nervousness and happiness in my gut at finally seeing him and holding him for the first time.

Notes:
                  Met: 8.17.09
                  Started Dating: 8.20.09
                  First Met: 10.2.10
                  Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Well, we had been best friends for 9 years because we refused to do the long distance relationship thing. When we finally realized we HAD been doing the LDR thing for 9 years that we were each others SO's.

Our first visit as boyfriend/girlfriend.. was AMAZING. I cannot explain to you how magical it is to be in love completely with your best friend. Even when we were just friends we were always in our own bubble, but it was as if we were glowing inside that bubble. I still..get goosebumps and my stomach gets butterflies when I think about it. We did all kinds of fun stuff like we would normally do as just friends...rode roller coasters, hiking, Zip line and challenge courses...all filled with the same laughter and fun we'd always had, but with intimacy and affection. We both just glowed with everything we did together, even cooking and dishes. We had a HUUUUUUUUGE fight too (as we've done before in visits as we are both passionate) but this time when we both cooled down, and talked it out as we do...the making up was so much BETTER!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                    And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

We met for the first time this past Friday (after a few canceled/rescheduled visits). It was surely worth the wait.

I got off the plane and texted him to let him know I'd call him once I got my bag (I had to check it in at the plane door) and went to the ladies room. I did what I had to do and then I called him. He'd just found a parking space. The airport was a zoo....very crowded. He'd been driving around a long time trying to find a parking space. By the time he would have gotten out of the car and taken the shuttle or walked to meet I would have been out to the curb waiting. He didn't want me to wait too long. So, he decided to drive to curbside again.

I got to the curbside and told him I was there and wearing a white shirt. He said I see you! I think at this point I was more excited than nervous. He pulled up, got out ...looked at me and hugged me for what seemed to be forever. It was the best hug ever. He put my things in the trunk. Asked if I was okay and he drove off.....

This meeting was a long time coming, but well worth the wait. The best time of my life...hated to leave...it tore me apart.
                      Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Our first visit was when he drove up here to surprise me. I was shocked and nervous when I saw him. We had a very good time though

Comment

Working...
                        X